+ Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Rumor] 3g iPhone Will Make You Broke

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
May I point Nishua to the search box where Nishua will be able to look through around 7 billion pages of posts explaining how to easily get MMS on the
    Thanks

May I point Nishua to the search box where Nishua will be able to look through around 7 billion pages of posts explaining how to easily get MMS on the iPhone, please?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pingwhen View Post
    I'm waiting to see what it looks like that's all I care about. 3g is super over rated. And the camera doesn't need flash it needs video.

Your dumb I'm sorry. But you are. AT&T is not aloud to do anything about the iPhone. Its all apples deal always has been.... Duh....
    I'M dumb?
    Are you the son of an AT&T worker or something? I'f not, lay off the drugs and learn something.

I went in asking these morons questions. I DON'T GIVE A **** IF ITS "APPLES DEAL" these people have 0 common sense.

I finally said give me a new sim card

and every problem was solved.

My point was people in these stores are ignorant and don't know **** about their products or anything related to them.

they read things from booklets and their computers, and thats all they "know"

also before you call someone else dumb, how about not comparing hardware to an app (flash for camera and video), and also its "allowed" not "aloud"

might want to check out what you type before you go around calling people dumb.
    Last edited by RonMexico; 05-08-2008 at 07:14 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post

RUMOR TIME So one of our members here had an interesting conversation with the manager of his local AT&T Store.

Uh oh I hope his manger buddy is clueless, those prices are STEEP.

and more of the same, sounds scary
    Do you all seriously believe this crap? I work for AT&T. I have worked in the retail stores for 3 1/2 years. Nobody at att, except for maybe the big wigs who have been order by steve jobs to keep there mouths shut, know anything. We learned about the 16 gig iphone via email as the ups guy was walking in the door with them. A customer asked us about the price drop BEFORE our managers got the email. APPLE DOESN'T REPORT **** UNTIL IT HAPPENS!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm calling b/s, I work in an at&t store and we do not have this info, not even our regional managers have this info, my educated guess is the iphone will be the same prices as they are now but our gen iphones will be discontinued. Apple will not make the same mistake as to give thousands of rebates after a price drop. And it would be stupid for at&t not to offer rebates on the new iphone with a new 2 year agreement, you know how many people would switch over to at&t if they offered this.. ALOT $199 for an iphone is the best deal you can get and it blow the voyager away, price and quality wise.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i work for the att in dearborn michigan... we had a meeting that was mandatory from apple co. and they pretty much told us we would be getting shipments of a new product of the 13th of june and that the date to release date of said product would be released on the 15th. also... the prices arent going to be as high as the first gen. so anyone who is telling these lies... can **** off!!!

Thanks

Wow, why all the heat?
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Price Isn't Relevant
    A know a lot of people depend on an affordable price for the next-gen iPhone. As far as i'm concerned, price of the product isn't a huge deal, as long as the product is reliable, guaranteed to work, and it does the job as well if not better then advertised to. The only problem I have with the iPhone is and always will be the battery. Even with a warranty on the phone, it would be required for me to go phone-less for an amount of time while it's being repaired. Any amount of time without a phone is a bad amount of time. Give me a removable battery!

Thanks

Here's another rumor that I heard. It was sent to me via PM

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Jobs
    Hey dude, I plan on being at the NYC release for the 3G iPhone, on July 18th. Just look for the guy wearing the clown suit See you there!
    Hmm...
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    God forbid you spend 5 minutes researching what you're going to buy and find out that no MMS has been known since Day 1. If they mean so much to you, why buy the phone in the first place?
    There are a lot of basic features that the IPhone has failed to deliver on your right I didn't do research but I wish I would have. Lesson learned. Anyway, the IPhone isn't a marvel that Apple was selling it to be. Its good phone with good MP3 and video capabilities (minus those ****** edge youtube clips). Nothing else. The only true way to get some value out of it is to hack it. Which I'm trying to do now.

I'm getting the Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 the day it releases that is a phone worth drooling over. At least it has 3G.

Thanks

^^ That phone looks really gay
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Thanks

Well if you ask me your wasting your money anyway 3g is utter crap expensive to use and not worth it!
    LETS BROWSE THE INTERNET WITH 3G ooow my bill is expensive lmao.
    LETS FIND OUT WHERE IM GOING omg i cant afford to pay my bill.
    oh and it might have mms YIPEEE lets celebrate by paying them more money.

STICK TO WHAT YOU HAVE if you dont rush out to buy it the price will drop.

oh AND IM GETTING ONE ! because i can lmfao.
    Last edited by DarkMirc; 05-09-2008 at 01:58 AM.
    Modmyifone IRC Channel:- irc.moofspeak.net #modmyi

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMirc View Post
    Well if you ask me your wasting your money anyway 3g is utter crap expensive to use and not worth it!
    LETS BROWSE THE INTERNET WITH 3G ooow my bill is expensive lmao.
    LETS FIND OUT WHERE IM GOING omg i cant afford to pay my bill.
    oh and it might have mms YIPEEE lets celebrate by paying them more money.

STICK TO WHAT YOU HAVE if you dont rush out to buy it the price will drop.

oh AND IM GETTING ONE ! because i can lmfao.
    Can you link me to where it says 3g will cost more?

and also, just what your talking about with the gps comment

My iPhone is a Part of Me mofolo's Avatar
    Thanks

i'll give it about a month until its in a good price range
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

Thanks
    ... i am love using my 16GB iphone (jailbreaked!). all needed functionalities work very well for me.
    I following all new rumours about 2nd generation iPhone, there are many improvements why you could/should buy one.

But luckily firmware upgrades make it possible to stay up to date )

and summer 2009 , i will get 3rd generation one.
    Last edited by ModJoe; 05-09-2008 at 04:23 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'll be getting one if it has GPS functionality with LOCAL MAP storage capability - meaning no online access required to see maps.

Thanks

read this RonMexico nothing as changed in the uk its still the same althou you will pay for a package the minutes will run out then you will pay for each 3g session and thats where the cost goes up

A report by market researchers TNS shows that the number of people aspiring to buy third-generation phones has dropped from 7 percent in 2005 to 4 percent in 2007.

While 20 percent of mobile phone users worldwide now have 3G phones, less than half of those use any of their advanced functions, such as video calling and high-speed Web surfing.

The survey shows that 23 percent of people interviewed cited cost as the main block to using 3G, with a further 22 percent put off Wi-Fi capabilities for the same reason. Cost also proved discouraging for 21 percent of users when it came to downloading music tracks to their mobiles, and 23 percent in terms of surfing the Internet.

"Cost is the quick fix solution, especially among those services already found interesting by consumers, such as music downloads and realtime TV," noted Hanis Harun, global director of TNS Technology on Wednesday. Only 9 percent of the 21 percent of people with mobile TV-capable phones use the service.

Harun said operators were to blame for this slow uptake because "despite widespread publicity about cost-effective service packages… [they are] are still not giving their customers what they want — and people are having to purchase 3G packages that don't suit". He said the study showed flat-rate 3G packages to be the most popular, but added that "many customers are being forced into paying per kilobyte used or paying each time a service is used — which is not popular among consumers".

Other factors, such as network speed, screen size and battery life, were also identified as notable issues, but much less so than cost.

Ofcom's annual report into the communications market, released in August, showed that 3G has been somewhat of a failure in the UK, with none of the four major operators having as many as a million 3G subscribers. The regulator's report also revealed that those who had taken up the service were mostly ignoring its advanced features in favour of more traditional voice and SMS uses.

And in July, Vodafone was forced to deny it was giving up on recouping its huge investment in 3G — a gamble made by all operators — after it slashed subsidies for third-generation handsets.
    Last edited by DarkMirc; 05-09-2008 at 05:45 AM.
    Modmyifone IRC Channel:- irc.moofspeak.net #modmyi

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by laz305 View Post
    regardless they should offer us current iphone owners some type of upgrade discount. Like let us exchange our current one for the new one and just pay the difference or a $50 deductable. It is so unfair for them to expect us to buy a new iphone evrytime and just throw away our old $500 iphone.

You know no one is making you buy a new phone and throw the old one away.

Exchange you old phone for a new one? they're not used car dealers. Everyone would want to do it, then what would they do with all the older iPhones they had?

As long as the new phones are unlocked I don't care what they cost.

If they offer a rebate for those who then take out an AT&T contract... seems fair enough to me.

Looking forward to it!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Rumors
    Lets try to keep "Rumors" to a minimum!

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by techguy1 View Post
    Lets try to keep "Rumors" to a minimum!
    I totally agree

Green Apple
    Thanks

$600 4 a little upgrade or mayb 1 or 2 new features..Is it worth it?