+ Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Rumor] 3g iPhone Will Make You Broke

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Before the iPhone was released, I went to three different AT&T stores, and every single one of them said there would be a discount with a two year contract. lol.
    Thanks

Before the iPhone was released, I went to three different AT&T stores, and every single one of them said there would be a discount with a two year contract.

lol.
    AT&T workers don't know anything,
    that's how Apple wants it.
    =D

Thanks

I just went into an att store , told them I needed help getting my correct number showing up in my contacts

they told me to contact apple.....

told them my visual voicemail was not working, told me to contact apple...

every single person in every single att store, is legally retarded, and should be required to have a helmet on and be supervised by a trained special needs worker.

dont believe anything they say

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I'm waiting to see what it looks like that's all I care about. 3g is super over rated. And the camera doesn't need flash it needs video.

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    I just went into an att store , told them I needed help getting my correct number showing up in my contacts

they told me to contact apple.....

told them my visual voicemail was not working, told me to contact apple...

every single person in every single att store, is legally retarded, and should be required to have a helmet on and be supervised by a trained special needs worker.

dont believe anything they say

Your dumb I'm sorry. But you are. AT&T is not aloud to do anything about the iPhone. Its all apples deal always has been.... Duh....
    Last edited by pingwhen; 05-08-2008 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

that sucks...well it may be somewat worth it...in my opinion... also people might sell on like... kijiji or kregs list or ebay.. u never know... all i know is that its gonna be like sold out every day..lol..

Thanks
    I won't buy it until I see all the features. I don't want any of the "no cut and paste, no flash support, no MMS, ect" CRAP!!!

No features = Non of my $$$ for Apple!

Any piece of BLEEEP!! phone out there has tons of features the iPhone don't have.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I work for Apple and I only heard of a huge patch for the iphone in June/July. Microsoft and Apple came together to add huge features and compatability. We have not been told of a 3G phone nor have we been told of the pink Iphone. I think there are alot of rumors but they always seem to be off track. I mean the new MacBooks and IMacs were released these past two months and there was no word about it.

AT&T can't get their info straight. They can not even help customers after they make an IPhone purchase from their own stores. What makes them think after all the problems Apple gets from the slack of AT&T that Apple would renew their contract? Its all a bunch of bunk if you ask me. Just rumors.

Also I have seen alot of people blame Apple when their Iphones go array after the jailbreak or hack. IPhones are not guaranteed for anything other than Apple downloads so if you hack it or jailbreak it and screw it up then you took the chance with a 400.00 product and voided the warrantee. Some people I know have this zIphone and its amazing! Major props to the developers!!!! but Im too afraid to jailbreak mine as I want my warrantee to stay in effect just in case of a freeze or something.

Keep hacking and maybe Apple will pick up your codes and pay you a pretty penny. Good luck!

iPhone? More like MyPhone McGeeTM's Avatar
    Thanks

rumors rumor rumors...

NO PRICE HAS BEEN SET YET! I REPEAT NO PRICE HAS BEEN RELEASED SO ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO HAVE SAID UR "MANAGERS/APPLE STORE EMPLOYEE" HAS SAID THAT IS LYING!

NOTHING....NOTHING....HAS BEEN SET YET ONLY INFO WE HAVE IS THAT WE HAVE NO TIME OFF DURING THE PERIOD OF JUNE-JULY..THAT IS ALL!
    [CENTER] Honda-Tech FTW

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPie View Post
    they want me to pay 400-700$ for faster edge?
    No, they hope you'll pay $700 for HSDPA/UMTS (High Speed Downlink Packet Access/Universal Mobile Telephone System) and whatever other new features the phone has, instead of EDGE (Enhanced Data rates for GSM Evolution). Though, the upgrade likely has more to do with the enterprise market than the everyday consumer market. Jobs wants every executive checking his e-mail on his iphone instead of his blackberry.

On another note ... who comes up with the names for this networks???

Thanks

Whoa.. those prices are ridiculous.. $700-$600 is totally not worth it. Unless they:
    Increase the Storage Space(which they wont..)
    Make it thiner
    Make it even faster
    Make the Camera better
    Make the screen resolution better(even though it already is good)
    Change the look
    Support GPS and 3G
    Improve SMS
    ..... In otherwords just redefining/renewing/tuning up/ totally making this "iphone2" way different than the old one. Thats the only reason it should go up.

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

My iPhone is a Part of Me LeathaFace's Avatar
    Thanks

either way I'll be gettin it! I can fuss all day but im still gonna stomp and kick all the way to at&t.
    They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be.
    They only lack the light to show the way.
    For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I want to start by saying hello to everyone. This is a great site and it is nice to join. I work at an AT&T corporate retail store. There is no way that anyone at a retail level would have any official word on anything regarding the iPhone. This handset is clouded in secrecy. Prices and specs are closely guarded. Any information provided by retail store personnel is pure speculation at this time. The only thing we do know is that we will not be allowed to request time off from now until July 15 to allow full staff for "an exciting product launch." This could certainly point towards the new iPhone, and I sure hope it does. I will be purchasing a new one just like I purchased the previous one, at FULL price. I love the phone. It is the best handset I have ever owned. I do not understand the whole "iPhone owners are owed something" mentality. No one owes you anything. You chose to buy it. Nobody forced you to. You are simply like me. You enjoy high tech gadgets, and you are willing to pay for them. Enjoy the technology that people have spent thousands of hours creating for you, and quit complaining. If you do not like the prices then buy something else. If the new iPhone does not surf at blazing speeds, send MMS, and cook my dinner for me, you will not hear me complain. You will simply watch me figure out a way to make it better. Hence the name Modmyifone. Great site. Keep it up!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to paul229 For This Useful Post:

leonpeeon (05-10-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thumbs up Hmmm
    Cash, where ever did you get that kind of money to:
    A) Fill up a bucket with
    B) Throw in a toilet!

Jealousy consumes me, do you know how many iPhones I could buy with that bucket/toilet get-up you have?!

Regardless, I found a buyer for my 16GB iphone, who offered me 400 USD. Now it's just a matter of what's rumor and what's reality. I will sell it if there is some reimbursement, but I don't feel like using my 8GB with a cracked screen unless there is some sort of benefit to it. I'm on WiFi a pretty good bit though, and i'm covered with my service just about everywhere. So 3G really isn't too vital to me. I'm anticipating the firmware much more then the phone!

PS: Long live the dev-team. <3 Straight up, brothers.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paul229 View Post
    I want to start by saying hello to everyone. This is a great site and it is nice to join. I work at an AT&T corporate retail store. There is no way that anyone at a retail level would have any official word on anything regarding the iPhone. This handset is clouded in secrecy. Prices and specs are closely guarded. Any information provided by retail store personnel is pure speculation at this time. The only thing we do know is that we will not be allowed to request time off from now until July 15 to allow full staff for "an exciting product launch." This could certainly point towards the new iPhone, and I sure hope it does. I will be purchasing a new one just like I purchased the previous one, at FULL price. I love the phone. It is the best handset I have ever owned. I do not understand the whole "iPhone owners are owed something" mentality. No one owes you anything. You chose to buy it. Nobody forced you to. You are simply like me. You enjoy high tech gadgets, and you are willing to pay for them. Enjoy the technology that people have spent thousands of hours creating for you, and quit complaining. If you do not like the prices then buy something else. If the new iPhone does not surf at blazing speeds, send MMS, and cook my dinner for me, you will not hear me complain. You will simply watch me figure out a way to make it better. Hence the name Modmyifone. Great site. Keep it up!
    I'm going to go ahead and call you voice of reason from now on. Thanks for setting everyone straight.

That said, I really do think the only sure thing the next iPhone will have is increased storage since the got the 32GB drives on the Touch already, shouldn't take much to throw those on an iPhone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone HarlemState's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Yea Right
    six and seven hundred is well worth it, an upgraded machine thats more advance.... go to the apple store and try it out before you buy itlol, im pretty sure once your demonstrating the "stocked" product, six and seven hundred bucks wouldn't really matter at the time lol. And if they do drop the price with in months I would be looking fwd to my store credit
    june 29june 15 lets do this next year im betin on june 21

Livin the iPhone Life iphonejeff's Avatar
    Thanks

i bought my baby at that price the first day...i dont mind paying that..
    mod edit, old signature removed

iPhone? More like MyPhone hozay09's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lindalovelee View Post
    AT&T can't get their info straight. They can not even help customers after they make an IPhone purchase from their own stores. What makes them think after all the problems Apple gets from the slack of AT&T that Apple would renew their contract? Its all a bunch of bunk if you ask me. Just rumors.
    AT&T can't "help" customer's because at&t doesn't support the phone. Apple does. If Apple's so called 'genius' people would follow their guidelines and see that Apple took full control of the phone including activation you wouldn't worry about slack from at&t reps. But you work for Apple so you should already know that.

I can careless about this launch. People make way too much of a big deal with internet rumors by the time it does release we'll end up more dissapointed then excited.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Not even interested. Buying the original IPhone was a waste of money I can't even watch MM messages because of this stupid phone.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I know an Apple Store manager, and he has NO clue on when this thing is coming out. And I seriously doubt an AT&T store manager in nowhere land knows if he doesn't.

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

I will still buy one!!

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nishua View Post
    Not even interested. Buying the original IPhone was a waste of money I can't even watch MM messages because of this stupid phone.
    God forbid you spend 5 minutes researching what you're going to buy and find out that no MMS has been known since Day 1. If they mean so much to you, why buy the phone in the first place?