Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: 1.1.2 is now available
11-08-2007, 09:30 PM #1
1.1.2 is now available
1.1.2 is out.... Wait before updating, until the jailbreak and unlock status is confirmed working again!
Thanks to all who sent this in to me...
Whats new in 1.1.2
- Baseband firmware is now 04.02.13_G (Was 04.01.13_G in 1.1.1)
- Entering DFU mode is disabled. This was used to downgrade in 1.1.1
- After restoring with 1.1.1 firmware, just when its about to done, iTunes gives off error 1015
- *#307# and prefs:// still works and you can still access Safari
- jailbreakme.com now shows only a blue dot (it recognizes a tiff, and now displays as a broken one)
- When you insert a non-ATT sim card and try to access the phone function, it will automatically crash
- The phone now detects if your using a TurboSIM
- You can receive calls after you upgrade when using TurboSIM but once you answer, you can't hang up as the phone function part of the phone has disappeared
- Independence does not work. When connected, you get the message "Unsupported version of phone firmware installed. Detected version is 1.1.2"
- When connected to iTunes 7.5 ONLY, it will indicate your battery status beside your iPhone icon
- Adding a symbolic link does not work before or after updating
- iToner still works
Last edited by Kyle Matthews; 11-08-2007 at 11:07 PM. Reason: (thanks, Shadow Cruiser).
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
11-08-2007, 09:34 PM #2
Wonder if my geo method virginized will get screwed up due to this on well I ain't testing.
11-08-2007, 09:34 PM #3
Any usefull features ?? Other than the languages.
11-08-2007, 09:35 PM #4
- Join Date
- Nov 2007
- Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Not available in iTunes yet? Where exactly is it available? I would like to download this sücker so I am ready to update as soon a solution for unlocked phones is found.
As of now my iTunes still shows me 1.1.1 is the latest FW.
I want the languages!!!!
Last edited by csc2ky; 11-08-2007 at 09:37 PM.
11-08-2007, 09:36 PM #5
As promissed by looks its more of a FW to accomidate UK, France & Germany. No real need to rush for this.
Sadly there has been allot of folks buy unlocked iPhones with no technical knowledge. They have no clue to the process used. And by the constant asking of same questions every thread. There is going be a mass amount of bricks.
Read this if your not technical & dont understand UNIX in terminal. Dont mess with your phone. Take it to someone professional who can do the FW upgrade for you. Or leave it alone its working so dont fix it.
FW upgrades are going to arrive about every six weeks so get used to it.
11-08-2007, 09:46 PM #6
http://www.macrumors.com/c.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fappldnld.apple.com.edgesuite. net%2Fcontent.info.apple.com%2FiPhone%2F061-4037.20071107.5Bghn%2FiPhone1%2C1_1.1.2_3B48b_Rest ore.ipsw&t=1194583501
Link attached for 1.1.2 firmware upgrade
You need to upgrade via itunes.. (Hold option button while clicking on Restore) ..then point to the downloaded file.
Last edited by gmckay; 11-08-2007 at 09:50 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to gmckay For This Useful Post:
11-08-2007, 09:52 PM #7
- Join Date
- Nov 2007
- Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
By the way there is no need to understand UNIX in terminal at all, if you are able to read about things thoroughly. So before you actually do anything read about the things a lot and you get along pretty well. It's just that so many people are restless and are rushing into doing something where they don't know what effect it will have.
Who is actually saying that there will be FW upgrades every 6 weeks? When will we get the perfect working iPhone version then? No offense. I am just a smart asß.
Btw... I just upgraded my unlocked 1.1.1 phone to 1.1.2 and it bricked. I need help? How can I make it work again .... Joke Joke
I am so excited... lol
Last edited by csc2ky; 11-08-2007 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
11-08-2007, 09:58 PM #8i now own an Apple iphone :(
i messed up some files in cyberduck and long story short had to restore and in the process was forced to update to 1.1.2 it ruins everything, no apps, no jail break, no fun. beware of this update, only change is languages i don't speak..
11-08-2007, 10:04 PM #9
11-08-2007, 10:09 PM #10
boy am i glad i updated from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 this morning.
11-08-2007, 10:10 PM #11
dling as we speak, going to try on jailbreaked iphone..
11-08-2007, 10:12 PM #12
I have a virgin Iphone (kinda, I use to mod it but due to school I haven't have the time to). Anyways I installed it a bit ago. My iphone doesn't seem to lag inbetween apps anymore, and it has keyboard support. I am a bit mad it doesn't have spanish!
The Following User Says Thank You to Greenkirby21 For This Useful Post:
11-08-2007, 10:14 PM #13
11-08-2007, 10:16 PM #14
11-08-2007, 10:16 PM #15
technically speaking, if this isnt a major update in regards to the baseband and firmware, you could just downgrade....just guessing
11-08-2007, 10:20 PM #16
how do i downgrade from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1?
11-08-2007, 10:23 PM #17
guessing, but try using the shift restore method, im sure u could find the 1.1.1 software
11-08-2007, 10:25 PM #18
you can try downgrading from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 by getting the iphone into recovery mode, then hitting the restore button in itunes while pressing shift. you can then select a 1.1.1 recovery file and install that one, HOWEVER, it will not downgrade the baseband (which has been revised), so your phone may not work, even though everything else might.
How goes it HKILLER?? Are you unlocked? If so, with AnySIM or IPSF?
Last edited by shawnie53; 11-08-2007 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
11-08-2007, 10:27 PM #19
sry, not unlocked, i use att, did u try the appsnapp yet? im going to try, btw jailbreaked iphones, using 1.1.1, dont upgrade if u dont care for them! i did b/c i could care less. idk bout unlocking sry
ALSO, in this upgrade, it give the battery remaining in itunes sry no pic
just tried app snapp: not working....here we go again
Last edited by HKiller9123; 11-08-2007 at 10:31 PM. Reason: add info
11-08-2007, 10:28 PM #20
iTunes has yet to reflect the new firmware, but some adventurous souls have downloaded the link manually to upgrade their iPhone.
- Modem firmware: 04.02.13_G
- TIFF Exploit patched (per Engadget) so JailBreakMe no longer works
- Devices in iTunes, battery icon shows up to indicate it charges.
- Slide for emergency call changes languages
- International keyboard available
- No horizontal text messaging (per villanova329)