Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: 1.1.2 is now availableis a discussion within the
iPhone Newsforums, a part of the
coldasice: Sorry for all the questions, but how in the world did you get wiNstaller to jailbreak your 1.1.2 iPhone?! It freezes for me at "Booting to restore mode." I'm...
11-09-2007, 09:12 PM #101
Sorry for all the questions, but how in the world did you get wiNstaller to jailbreak your 1.1.2 iPhone?! It freezes for me at "Booting to restore mode." I'm using wiNstaller 1.0, by the way, from winstaller.googlecode.com.
Actually... as weird as this may sound, are you positive you're running 1.1.2? In the steps you have above, you said you upgraded to 1.1.2, downgraded to 1.1.1, then jailbroke and activated... but where did you upgrade again to 1.1.2?
11-09-2007, 10:33 PM #102
hmmm. I'm on iTunes 7.5 and I'm not being prompted to upgrade to 1.1.2 yet even after checking for update. Where is everyone located so that they get prompted to get the new FW release?
I'm only jailbroken via the 1st jailbreakme.com release and independence doesn't recognize it as jailbroken.
I'm in waiting though
11-09-2007, 10:57 PM #103
all files needed + howto
baseband files needed.
follow these steps for load baseband
I presume your iPhone is still connected to iTunes, if NOT then please do so... and keep it connected at ALL times.
1. Extract the folder from the SaviourPack archive onto your drive.
2. On the iPhone goto Settings > General > AutoLock > choose 'Never'
3. Run iBrickr select Files, then goto /usr/bin/ and upload ALL the files ONE-by-ONE from the Saviour Pack folder.
4. Press the Back link and come to the main screen of iBrickr. Now select Applications and follow the instructions to install PXL.
5. Once your done, press Browse Applications and install MobileTerminal VT100 vsvn161 and ONLY then BSD Subsystem v1.5
6. Run Mobile Terminal from your SpringBoard and type:
TIP: Use the TAB key to auto complete commands/file/directory names
7. Stop CommCenter by typing:
launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
8. Give the bbupdater file read/write permission by typing:
chmod +x bbupdater
9. Now we check the version of the baseband, which should be v4.01 by typing:
10. Execute this in the console, to give iEraser executable rights:
chmod +x ieraser
11. Run iEraser by typing:
Wait for a few seconds for the process to complete. This will WIPE your baseband, given a file "secpack" is in the same directory and this is a version 4 secpack.
12. Run the bbupdater command again. This time it will not find any baseband firmware:
Expect a slight delay in speed while your typing
13. Now we flash the 3.14.08 baseband firmware back to the iPhone by typing:
bbupdater -e ICE03.14.08_G.eep -f ICE03.14.08_G.fls
Press 'Enter' once and wait for 3mins 17 secs for it to complete. This will flash the 3.14.08 baseband firmware back to the iPhone. Please be patient and let the process complete. It's best that you DO NOT tamper with your phone
14. Now check to make sure it worked:
launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
Expect further delay in speed while typing. It should tell you the version is 3.14
Congratulations! You've successfully Downgraded the Baseband/Modem firmware to 3.14
where to get the new 1.1.2 firmware
You must downgrade back to firmware 1.1.1! using normal restore
Also to add you cant jail break 1.1.2 you must downgrade to 1.1.1 first!
Last edited by coldasice; 11-09-2007 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
The Following User Says Thank You to coldasice For This Useful Post:
11-10-2007, 01:05 AM #104
my phone froze up and had to restore just in time for me to have to install 1.1.2 so i lost all 3rd party apps and everything, i am trying to downgrade from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 and just stay there, or try the okpreptogo thing, but all the downgrade methods mentions unlocking the iphone to activate it (i am assuming for people using other carriers) but i have at&t. can someone please clarify what i need to do to get back to 1.1.1 have my phone work and be able to use the installer.app and all that stuff..
i have the original 1.1.1 firmware on my computer for restore.
Last edited by carternichols; 11-10-2007 at 01:07 AM.
11-10-2007, 01:19 AM #105
Follow what i said and it will work these losers tryed to ban me and if they keep it up ill show up at your front door and show u what real hacking is hacking ya ******* head off!
11-10-2007, 01:23 AM #106
Dude, thanks for the guide on resetting the baseband.
I'm dying here though. My 1.1.2 update messed up my baseband firmware, and now it's stuck at the 4.02 thing.
1.1.1 doesn't see my AT&T service... I can't make calls. Everything else works. I'm doing the process listed above but I get many errors like "Failed to download .FLS"
Does this have to do with me being on AT&T and not being unlocked or something?
11-10-2007, 01:37 AM #107
[/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
11-10-2007, 03:09 AM #108
11-10-2007, 07:55 AM #109
Does anyone have a precompiled version of vfdecrypt.c for 1.1.2? I want to try and extract the 1.1.2 smsApplication to see if it will run on 1.1.1 firmware and open voicemail and alfa-SMS...
So can anyone either:
- upload a compiled version of vfdecrypt with the 1.1.2 key in it
- upload the SMS Application out of the 1.1.2 firmware
- point me to a place where I can download the decrypted 1.1.2 firmware
11-10-2007, 11:38 AM #110
11-11-2007, 08:05 AM #111
11-11-2007, 11:47 AM #112where's 1.1.2????
I was about to use the latest exploit to upgrade to 1.1.2 and I plugged my phone in and it said that 1.1.1 is the latest software??
What's up with that?? Is it a regional update?
11-11-2007, 12:01 PM #113
It's a bit of a mystery..at least to me.
If you do a restore, iTunes sometimes, but not always, downloads 1.1.2 and retores your phone to that firmware. More consistent results appear to happen if you do NOT have 1.1.1 in your iphone software updates directory
If you check with update, its pretty consistent that iTunes says 1.1.1 is current. If you want to go the update rather than restore route, you will need to download the 1.1.2 package from Apple and manually install it using iTunes.
Lot's of folks have done this, including me, and all seems fine. YMMV
11-11-2007, 12:34 PM #114
I'd like to debunk two things on the first post:
1. DFU mode does work, but it works differently. Just dock your phone, hold Home and Power, release Power when the screen goes black then keep Home held down until iTunes starts up and says it found a phone needing restore. This could take up to a minute to come up
2. When you downgrade to 1.1.1 and get the error, all you have to do is open up iBrickr, click Boot Phone, and the screen will then turn red and reboot to 1.1.1. It does that because you are in DFU mode and all it has to do is exit it.
11-11-2007, 05:21 PM #115
11-11-2007, 11:59 PM #116
is 1.1.2 worth updating?Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..
11-12-2007, 03:15 PM #117just popped up on itunes NY
11-12-2007, 07:30 PM #118
It's been confirm that nothing important or interesting in 1.1.2 update. Stay on 1.1.1 if you don't want to mess your iFone.
11-16-2007, 05:04 AM #119
there is anysim1.1.2Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..
11-18-2007, 01:22 PM #120Lol
that's y I'm sticking to my 1.0.2 & I have all my apps LOL so go ahead & b greedy & brick ur $400 phone at&t 1- us 99