+ Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.2 is now available

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
hello should i update the new version 1.1.2 any news on it yet
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default hi

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by exudei View Post
    I wouldnt, unless of course it's clean and on AT&T's network.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exudei View Post
    Its too early, read the first post in this thread for information, only one person recons he jailbroke 1.1.2 and he's sleeping it off assuming he was on something
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

Green Apple
    Thanks

I've been reading around and the only new features are:

Foreign language support, including UK English, French, German and Italian. A battery status indicator in iTunes is all you get other than that.

Whats so great about this...? Such a useless update in my opinion when I heard the update was packing some new features, I assumed it would be something good like being able to make videos. If not that... SOMETHING COOL! But I guess its okay for people who needs foreign language support.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Question 1.1.2.
    when i connect to itunes it tells me that i have the latest update 1.1.1.
    november 9, 2007 at 11:17 am

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

there have been successful jailbreaks to 1.1.2 from 1.1.1 as for people hwo had to update to 1.1.2 there is no real way of making it work, iphonealley.com said erica sudan did it, and they are making a easy one step thing soon

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,798 Times in 1,222 Posts

The easiest way to DOWNgrade to 1.1.1 is to use the Shift/Option method in iTunes and tell it to use the 1.1.1 file, and then when it says "confirming firmware" or what have you, you hold the home button or disconnect from the computer. Restart the iPhone, and you should be running 1.1.1 again, but with the new baseband, though.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

oh man... so much to read in so little time here at work!!!

so i bought a new iphone last night, yes, i am a NOOB... I am guessing it will be version 1.1.1 straight out of the box... i want to use 3rd party apps on this little phone... all i would need is to use the new method of jailbreak correct? and since i am just jailbreaking and not unlocking i would be okay to use the new update? i am getting very confused, sorry guys... please bare with me...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

so what use is this besides internation support?

Livin the iPhone Life iphonejeff's Avatar
    Thanks

for some reason its mot tellin me to update
    mod edit, old signature removed

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

ok so ive tried downloading 1.1.2 from a few different place.. im on a mac but whe i download it it shows up as a folder and you can open it.. i tried changing the extension to.ispw but it does nothing and remains a folder... what do i do?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

if its v1.1.1, then use jailbreakme.com. If you update to 1.1.2 you wont be able to jailbreak it right now until they come out with a new one.

Jordan

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by julianqm2 View Post
    ok so ive tried downloading 1.1.2 from a few different place.. im on a mac but whe i download it it shows up as a folder and you can open it.. i tried changing the extension to.ispw but it does nothing and remains a folder... what do i do?
    Go to that folder, select all files and make a zip archive (ctrl+click, Make archive or compress or something, don't know the exact English menu item name, I'm on Finnish 10.5) of those files. Then just rename your new zip archive so it ends with .ipsw.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hey Julian, this might be helpful, courtesy of the Help menu of iNdependence;

"If you downloaded it using Safari, then Safari will have automatically decompressed the file you downloaded to a folder named iPhone1,1_1 and removed it. However, you need to have both the original downloaded file as well as this folder. To fix this problem, open Finder, navigate to where the folder is, select all of the files contained within the folder (Apple-A), right-click (or Ctrl-click) one of the selected files, and then choose the Create Archive of 5 items menu item to recreate the downloaded file again. The file created will be named Archive.zip. Rename it to be called iPhone1,1_1.ipsw
    If you downloaded it using another web browser, and the browser didn't automatically decompress that file to a folder, then change the file extension from .ipsw to .zip and unzip it yourself by right-clicking (or Ctrl-clicking) it, selecting Open With from the menu, and then selecting BOMArchiveHelper. If you renamed the file to have a .zip file extension, rename the extension back to .ipsw"

15. The Following User Says Thank You to khmernoi For This Useful Post:

julianqm2 (11-09-2007)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

awsome thanx eveyone....
    EDIT:
    thanks.. its updating right now...
    hopefully it goes smoothly
    Last edited by julianqm2; 11-09-2007 at 03:07 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

we did it a second time it works!!!!!!!!!! we can hack the iphone 1.1.2~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM DOG!!!!!!!! (well maybe not god but we are the first on the web to do it.)
    Last edited by ReVan; 11-10-2007 at 02:05 AM.

Thanks

Default hey coldasice can you put up a step by step guide for us?
    a step by step guide would eb very much appreciated. and can you tell us the final result including FW version, BB version, and any other information that would be useful, IE: jailbroken = yes/no, unlocked = yes/no, all functionality = yes/no, so on...

Banned
    Thanks

Q. a step by step guide would be very much appreciated.

A. A step by step guide will be made soon as that its alot of knowing when to do some thing by the signs the phone shows you if every thing works the way it should its step by step if you run into any errors it can get a little hair but at the end of this ill give a ruff draft.

Q. and can you tell us the final result including FW version, BB version, and any other information that would be useful, IE: jailbroken = yes/no, unlocked = yes/no, all functionality = yes/no, so on...

A. FW version 1.1.1, BB version v3.14x
    Jailbroken YES (used old wiNstall),ACT YES (Used Old PACAY) Unlocked Yes Used AnySim1.1p (only after downgrade tho!)
    functionality = I havent tested every part of the phone but I can make calls, Wifi works, i have the voice mail button back (did some thing different i will post), NO itunes Wifi tho... sorry, and some more stuff but still doing testing

Ruff Draft :

1. Upgraded 1.1.1 Iphone to 1.1.2 used normal way of doing a restore with the new firm file.
    2. Downgraded back to 1.1.1 with firm file same way.
    3.Jail broke RUN wiNstall, ACT + Youtube with old PACAY
    4. Once in phone use revirginize (didnt turn firmware back to 1.0.2) to downgrade baseband. (followed parts of the guide and used the baseband from the v3.14x from 1.0.2) Followed ONLY that part in the offical Re virginizing guide. DIDNT DOWNGRADE TO 1.0.2. ONLY DID Phase 2 NO OTHER PART OF THE GUIDE IS NEEDED!
    5. Uploaded anySim 1.1p with Ibricker 0.91 File by file had to make all the folders as such. Make anySim.app folder on phone copy all the files from that folder to the new folder on the Iphone, made lock folder in anySim.app folder and copyed all files into that folder on the Iphone from the lock folder on the pc.
    6. Turned off the phone
    7. Removed sim with paper clip
    8. Put in Tmobile Sim
    9. Turned on Phone
    10. Ran anySim1.1p
    11. did what i was told from the prog waited a along while.
    12. Had a fully downgraded, Unlocked, Custom Iphone 1.1.2
    13. All Iphone progs see the phone still as 1.1.1
    14. Enjoyed the hardwork!

If you feel i may have left some thing out plz post and ill go over it again im almost 100% sure this should be as step by step as i can get for now if u run into any errors Please post and ill walk you around it.

Also You must load new Itunes to upgrade to 1.1.2 and then Uninstall it and quick time, etc then install old Itunes to downgrade back to 1.1.1 after Running PACAY!

Just added wiNstall was used for the Jail break sorry it ws a typo when i said PACAY for the jail break, ACT, YouTube Use PACAY for the ACT + You TUBE

AGAIN VERY VERY VERY SORRY THANK YOU TO THE LAST POSTER FOR POINTING THAT OUT TO ME.
    Last edited by coldasice; 11-09-2007 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

coldasice,
    Please shed some light on this mysterious version of PACAY you used to jailbreak! As far as I know, no version of PACAY ever jailbroke... just activated (of course, I could be wrong ).
    I'm trying frantically to get a working hacked 1.1.2 as I need to build this into iDemocracy 2 ASAP so that I can test and prepare for the 16th. I would like very much to have 2.0 bring 1.1.2 hacking along with it, rather than having to release an update after a while...

Thanks,

Drakenza

EDIT: Thanks to coldasice for updating his little tutorial and clearing up that wiNstaller thing Let's hope this method can save my iPhone from half-jailbroken, half-activated limbo.
    Last edited by Drakenza; 11-09-2007 at 08:02 PM.

Anshu Chimala
    Follow @anshuchimala on Twitter
    Visit http://www.airpoke.com, my latest project for iPhone/iPod touch.

Banned
    Thanks

PM me your email addy.

Sorry made an edit called one of the guys a copy of wiNstall was used for the jail break.
    gonna edit that on my post right now

I was corrected again You must downgrade First! Then run WiNstaill to jailbrake and Run old PACAY to ACT + YouTube.

sorry again for the edit but im 100% sure this is right now i had it checked over, And as of right now we all agree.

Im really looking for a name in the Iphone game so Feel Free to Repost my work every where! Just give me Credit.
    Last edited by coldasice; 11-09-2007 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost