Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: 1.1.2 is now availableis a discussion within the
iPhone Newsforums, a part of the
Originally Posted by shawnie53 you can try downgrading from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 by getting the iphone into recovery mode, then hitting the restore button in itunes while pressing shift. you...
11-08-2007, 11:28 PM #21
11-08-2007, 11:31 PM #22
11-08-2007, 11:32 PM #23
Apparantly it also makes the iPhone much faster and much more stable when switching between applications.
11-08-2007, 11:35 PM #24
11-08-2007, 11:40 PM #25
11-08-2007, 11:43 PM #26
it fixed the tiff exploit so jailbreakme.com won't work :/
11-08-2007, 11:43 PM #27
Anyone know the features of the new firmware
11-08-2007, 11:45 PM #28
This is collected information from all around net. Credits to those who provided it, I'm just organizing it.
Whats new in 1.1.2
- Baseband firmware is now 04.02.13_G (Was 04.01.13_G in 1.1.1)
- Entering DFU mode is disabled. This was used to downgrade in 1.1.1
- After restoring with 1.1.1 firmware, just when its about to done, iTunes gives off error 1015
- *#307# and prefs:// still works and you can still access Safari
- jailbreakme.com now shows only a blue dot
- When you insert a non-ATT sim card and try to access the phone function, it will automatically crash
- The phone now detects if your using a TurboSIM
- You can receive calls after you upgrade when using TurboSIM but once you answer, you can't hang up as the phone function part of the phone has disappeared
- Independence does not work. When connected, you get the message "Unsupported version of phone firmware installed. Detected version is 1.1.2"
- When connected to iTunes 7.5 ONLY, it will indicate your battery status beside your iPhone icon
- Adding a symbolic link does not work before or after updating
- iToner still works
Downgrade to 1.0.2 works! (from hackintosh user crackn)
1. Downgrade to 1.1.1 in iTunes using the SHIFT and RESTORE method.
2. When "Verifying the Firmware" message comes up, hold the HOME and SLEEP buttons for 10 seconds.
3. Release the SLEEP button and keep holding the HOME button for 10 more seconds.
4. The phone will enter DFU mode and accept a downgrade to 1.0.2
5. Baseband remains 04.02.13_G after downgrade
- Upgrade to 1.1.1 is working even after error 1015 in iTunes
- Jailbreakme.com doesn't work after 1.1.2 -> 1.0.2 -> 1.1.1 process
- Downgrading the baseband using the iPhone-Elite method does not work in either 1.0.2 or 1.1.1 at this point
Last edited by shadow_cruiser; 11-09-2007 at 01:25 AM.
11-09-2007, 12:03 AM #29
/\ apple loves its customers!
11-09-2007, 12:08 AM #30I called apple about another porblem and they updated me
Now I am updated to 1.1.2 and please please I want to go back to 1.1.1 can anyone help me please.. heck I'll even pay to get back to 1.1.1 lol..
11-09-2007, 12:10 AM #31
So far, can't..
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
11-09-2007, 12:19 AM #32
this is very sad for the European ppl Think Different
11-09-2007, 12:25 AM #33
Just tried the Downgrade/Upgrade Symlink method, except I hit SHIFT while pressing Update and iTunes let me choose the 1.1.2 image.
No luck -- Error 1603 or something and then it stuck me in recovery-mode limbo. I used AppTappInstaller.exe to force it back to normal mode and am now following iDemocracy 2 back to 1.1.1 goodness.
Keep trying... We'll come up with something soon. I'll be watching this thread
11-09-2007, 12:27 AM #34
i'm not going anywhere near this update for quite a while...21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
iPhone 4 32 GB l TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad
11-09-2007, 12:30 AM #35
Just off Hacket0sh cRACKn has achieved a downgrade.
1.1.2 downgraded to 1.0.2
just downgrade to 1.1.1 and when itunes shows the verifying the firmware message, hold the home and sleeep buttons for 10 seconds, release the sleep button and keep holding the home button for more 10 seconds. same procedure of the 1.1.1 DFU mode.
the phone will enter in DFU mode and will accept to downgrade to 1.0.2.
now the baseband:
more to come
11-09-2007, 12:32 AM #36
Can we have a definitive answer:
Will updating on a jailbroken only 1.1.1 iphone brick it?
11-09-2007, 12:36 AM #37
Can we use the same method to downgrade the 1.1.1 baseband to 1.0.2 baseband and use it on 1.1.2? I used that on 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 and it was ok.
The Following User Says Thank You to piloting For This Useful Post:
11-09-2007, 12:36 AM #38
just upgraded unlocked anysim iphone which had been restored by iphone elite team method when 1.1.1 bricked my iphone. iphone working on att network now no ibrick with this update for me!
11-09-2007, 12:43 AM #39
if you have version 1.1.1 and you jailbreaked it already would instaling 1.1.2 brick it or ruin the phone or just restart it ??? How do you in jail break it before you update?
11-09-2007, 12:49 AM #40