Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Orblive streaming live tv on iphone and more

Default Orblive streaming live tv on iphone and more
    orblive just got released for the iphone with a new ability that the webapp didnt have. TV!!!!!!!!!!

ORB IS A MEDIA SERVER THAT ALLOWS U TO ACCESS IT OVER ANY WIFI

available over the ste packaging repo

heres a vid of me streaming live tv over my wifi

NOTE THE APP DOES NOT COME WITH TV NATIVELY, U HAVE TO HAVE A PC ORB VERSION PLUS A COMPUTER WITH TV CONNECT TO IT.

Screenshots:

Last edited by superrama; 05-07-2008 at 11:48 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to superrama For This Useful Post:

Davzik (05-08-2008)

Dude wads the installer link??

thanks for the info..
    Last edited by flipto; 05-07-2008 at 11:42 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    wow...been waiting for this one...figures today would be the day my pc is not cooperating....

eww.. ui looks like poo now

I have not added this app yet,,,,but I believe the installer repository info is as follows:

Ste Packaging

List of packages

URL: http://repo.smxy.org/iphone-apps/
    Category: Community Sources
    Maintainer: Ste
    Site: http://blog.psmxy.org/

Let me know if it works!!!

I have tried it and it works good. Just create an account and set it up in ten minutes total and you have your media everywhere you have internet connection.
    www.orb.com
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

works increadible, i set it up thru vnc on my home computer, im at work, i selected to watch one of my divx encoded avis, and within 2 mins maybe less it was streaming to my phone, and not choppy eather

how did you get it to work do u have an attena....i cant hook up....hhmmmm i must be bad..lol

...and it still apparently seems to be useless with mac users.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Has anyone tried this over the Edge network at all? Or will this only work over wi-fi?

how exactly did you get it set up on mac???

I installed the app but need to go home to upgrade my orb version on the PC. The app on iphone warns you that you arent on a WIFI connection and that the quality will be lower. So its seems it will run on edge.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to bschucher For This Useful Post:

Kawi2004 (05-08-2008)

Anyone know of a good TV Tuner that I can use on my laptop that I can invest in?

Quote Originally Posted by Kawi2004 View Post
    Anyone know of a good TV Tuner that I can use on my laptop that I can invest in?
    For the live TV I think you also need windows media center on your computer too.

Quote Originally Posted by peteo View Post
    For the live TV I think you also need windows media center on your computer too.

Right, but I have no clue about TV Tuners, need to get more info on that before I look into the rest.

so unless i have a tv turner for my computer then this app is usless for me then right?

Just out of curiousity,,,,,why do you need the software,,, " windows media center " to make it to work. I thought you just needed:

(1) Windows XP/Vista
    (2) Download Orb software
    (3) A working TV Tuner for your computer.

Do you really need that windows media center program. When I think about it,,,,,I guess the orb program may use the "program guide" feature built into the windows media center program,,but I'm not sure.

Is that the reason?,,,for the program guide feature.

If yes,,,,then does it also utilize any other features from the windows media center program,,,or is it strickly the program guide feature.

Just curious,,,if anyone knows.....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    hey i got it to work but when i tried to watch something, this comes out
    Error
    Orb PC version not supported. You need to upgrade your PC to Orb version 2.01.0012 or higher for iOrb to work.

Any ideas?

OMFG this really works in my 1.1.2 iphone! SWEET!!! now i can watch movie on my bed =) wuhoo great app!! #1 app for me!

Just discovered that the program doesn't disable auto lock function, so before using the program, we have to turn autolock off
    Last edited by powa; 05-08-2008 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast