+ Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Orblive streaming live tv on iphone and more

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by peteo For the live TV I think you also need windows media center on your computer too. you dont need media center, i have a crappy card
    iPhone? More like MyPhone rasbill's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peteo View Post
    For the live TV I think you also need windows media center on your computer too.
    you dont need media center, i have a crappy card i bought hmm probably over 8 years ago and it streams fine on my xp machine

Quote Originally Posted by coachballfirm View Post
    so unless i have a tv turner for my computer then this app is usless for me then right?
    no u can still stream videos and music u downloaded from ur machine and its fast as hell, even video not encoded for the iphone

if my tv card works im sure any on the market will work, mine is old as hell (probably one of the 1st to come out)
    Last edited by rasbill; 05-08-2008 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me zsuns's Avatar
    Thanks

Can someone give me more information on what a TV Tuner card actually is, like is it an actual physical card that you'd buy from radio shack, or is it a downloadable thing?
    Last edited by zsuns; 05-08-2008 at 11:09 AM.
    A Thanks is always nice =]

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

hmmm any music or videos i download are already on my iphone....i really want the tv part....hmmmm maybe ill wait for sling player to come out. then ill invest in a good tv turner....I need my NBA TV..lololol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

tv card are either usb or pci or come already on ur videocard (tons of ati cards comes wit it, mines does) and it allows to connect a videosource to ur pc to watch it in or pc over a variety of programs. there pretty cheap too(well the cheaps at least, u can get hdtv one too but those are 100$ plus), u can find em as low as $40.

and no u dont media player center. i dont have it

and its a media center serve, u dont have to have tv to use it. u have it play music, internet radio and ur own videos also pics. but tv is the best feature =)

when it says orb error got ur pc and goto orb.com and update ur pc version of orb. thats it

My iPhone is a Part of Me zsuns's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by superrama View Post
    tv card are either usb or pci or come already on ur videocard (tons of ati cards comes wit it, mines does) and it allows to connect a videosource to ur pc to watch it in or pc over a variety of programs. there pretty cheap too(well the cheaps at least, u can get hdtv one too but those are 100$ plus), u can find em as low as $40.

and its a media center serve, u dont have to have tv to use it. u have it play music, internet radio and ur own videos also pics. but tv is the best feature =)

when it says orb error got ur pc and goto orb.com and update ur pc version of orb. thats it

Alright, thanks. So are TV tuners easy to set up, like do i just have to plug it into my USB port, and Orb automatically detects it?
    A Thanks is always nice =]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

is this going to be coming to us mac guys or is strictly PC?
    quote of the night at a bar, "Yes, this is an iPhone and no you can't play with it."

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

what kind of tv attena do i get for this orb.....is it a easy setup?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OutOfMyLeague View Post
    is this going to be coming to us mac guys or is strictly PC?
    orb has been around for years, this isnt an exclusive thing just for the iphone,

im not even sure if the program we are running on our phone is from orb, and it does not look like orb has any plans on supporting osx (sorry)

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

after i signed up and downloades this app when ever i try to watch tv it says orb error-1 any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by IvanPK View Post
    I thought it was good but long... when I came
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoNightmareX View Post
    That's what she said.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

awesome application... been waiting for something like this for a while now. I usually stream XM radio to my phone during the day at work (with uXM and Orb), only problem was that I was tying up safari.

With this App, you can browse the web in safari AND listen live... huge thumbs up to the creator of it, great work

Quote Originally Posted by coachballfirm View Post
    so unless i have a tv turner for my computer then this app is usless for me then right?
    if the ONLY thing you want to do it stream live TV, then yes.

Can someone give me more information on what a TV Tuner card actually is, like is it an actual physical card that you'd buy from radio shack, or is it a downloadable thing?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...10222&name=Yes
    Last edited by dr.stevil; 05-08-2008 at 01:06 PM. Reason: oops

the kanye west of programming drunknbass's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rasbill View Post
    orb has been around for years, this isnt an exclusive thing just for the iphone,

im not even sure if the program we are running on our phone is from orb, and it does not look like orb has any plans on supporting osx (sorry)
    it is from orb. i can assure you. i helped work on this app a few months back.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey anybody know if I can I use my tvio with this app and how much is the ORB serivce

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by superrama View Post

Hauppauge is one maker of good TV cards...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drunknbass View Post
    it is from orb. i can assure you. i helped work on this app a few months back.
    your assurance assured me beyond assuranceness, i am also assured by my assurance to assure a thanks for your assuring me, rest assured that my new found assuressness is well assured

(p.s. mods this is a joke, relax)
    Last edited by rasbill; 05-08-2008 at 05:19 PM. Reason: people cant take a joke

iPhone? More like MyPhone Cocchiararo's Avatar
    Thanks

for some reason it doesnt recognize any info from my tagged m4a music (prevously mp3, then converted with itunes )

any info on how to import a playlist from... any windows soft ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Am i doing something wrong or isn't it possible to turn the phone to get it fullscreen!?

If that would be possible, it'll be my #1 app :-)

Adding playlists (i only have m3u from winamp) is easy...

just open the configuration panel of orb on your pc, and add the folder with the playlist in it.

After that it will appear under playlists in orb on your phone and in the web interface on mycast.orb.com.

Thanks

ok so this program has completely screwed up my volume, and now no matter if i use this or the ipod i can barley hear anything at max volume, and i mean barley nothing at all, and to top it off my service is going crazy when it was fine before this, id like to say its unrelated but i havent had any problems up until i was trying to stream shows from my house so i dunno

yeah my phone is definatly acting unresponsive and extremely slow, where it was flawless before this (which makes me want to scream) just a head up

god my ringer volume everything is so low now, dammit all to hell

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lillewis51 View Post
    after i signed up and downloades this app when ever i try to watch tv it says orb error-1 any ideas?
    Same here. I have a Hauppauge PVR-150 PCI TV card. I also couldn't configure the remote in the Orb setup -- I might be doing something wrong here, I don't know. I press and hold "0" but nothing ever happens...
    Last edited by Napoleon_PhoneApart; 05-08-2008 at 05:00 PM.

Thanks

worked EXCELLENT! automaticly found my tv tuner and everything.. but is there any configuration settings for stream quality? the tv quality was pretty poor, unlike what i saw in the video

Thanks

How did you set up your cable remote?