+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3g iPhone to be Released Second Half of June

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by CobraSVT Originally Posted by CobraSVT Bad news people, i just talked to the manager of the local AT&T store that i know personally and he said. There
    Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CobraSVT View Post
    Originally Posted by CobraSVT
    Bad news people, i just talked to the manager of the local AT&T store that i know personally and he said. There WILL NOT be any discount for new 2yr contract prices, the 8GB will most likely be $600 and the 16GB will be $700. Also he did tell me the release date, and it will be June 15th. So any hopes of getting the new phones cheap is all of forgotten...sorry to bare the bad news but i had to inform you all.

There you all go
    Prices sound a little steep to me. I can see $700 for the 32GB. Either way I will be getting the highest capacity one at any cost!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    @ Reako, if Apple do gain monopolistic power, it will be even worse
    lol, agreed i can seriously see it happening in europe if the new version ticks the right boxes spec wise. if its got gps / 3g i think all it would need is a better camera.....

Banned
    Thanks

so.. should i just go wait in line now or wait another 5 months for the iPhone 3 (aka iPhone Nano)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hey

It is really ridiculous how ATT is dealing with their existing customers for keeping APPLE happy. I was told by ATT that I will not be able to use my existing ATT SIM card directly into new iphone. Instead I need to reactivate by signing another 2 year contract. They won't even waive the activation charges. Besides my current corporate discounts on ATT plan won't be available with iPhone because that's what APPLE wants.
    So, there is no advantage at all by being existing ATT customer. Can someone tell me if I unlock/activate using ur guide, and use my existing ATT SIM card, would ATT know that I am using iPhone? IF yes, how? IF not, I'll continue with existing plan on an unlocked iPhone with no problems.

thanx

Livin the iPhone Life yowiphone's Avatar
    Thanks

looks good, better than the 1st (Less bolky)
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

how long has reeko been in sales at apple??

Green Apple
    Thanks

can't wait

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default jailbreaking still necessary?
    When Apple opens up with the SDK there will probably be much less need for any jailbreaking.

John

iPhone? More like MyPhone ARCHA1C's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by urfriend_1 View Post
    Hey

It is really ridiculous how ATT is dealing with their existing customers for keeping APPLE happy. I was told by ATT that I will not be able to use my existing ATT SIM card directly into new iphone. Instead I need to reactivate by signing another 2 year contract. They won't even waive the activation charges. Besides my current corporate discounts on ATT plan won't be available with iPhone because that's what APPLE wants.
    So, there is no advantage at all by being existing ATT customer. Can someone tell me if I unlock/activate using ur guide, and use my existing ATT SIM card, would ATT know that I am using iPhone? IF yes, how? IF not, I'll continue with existing plan on an unlocked iPhone with no problems.

thanx
    If you unlock your new iPhone, you can simply pop in your current SIM card and begin using your iPhone on AT&T's network. I'm on my 3rd iPhone right now, and I'm an AT&T customer. I had a launch day 8gb iPhone, then I upgraded to a newer 8gb iPhone, and finally to my current 16gb iPhone, all with my original SIM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

It's ridiculous how people feel they have a right to buy the new iPhone without any disadvantages related to current contracts.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CobraSVT View Post
    Originally Posted by CobraSVT
    Bad news people, i just talked to the manager of the local AT&T store that i know personally and he said. There WILL NOT be any discount for new 2yr contract prices, the 8GB will most likely be $600 and the 16GB will be $700. Also he did tell me the release date, and it will be June 15th. So any hopes of getting the new phones cheap is all of forgotten...sorry to bare the bad news but i had to inform you all.

There you all go
    Damn, now I really have to save up for it!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think i will just wait for new 3g

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123