+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3g iPhone to be Released Second Half of June

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by DoerrFan My iPhone will be outdated soon. Sad Face. yep... and unfortunately i doubt i'll have the extra cash to upgrade anytime soon (no matter what the
    Livin the iPhone Life billchase2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DoerrFan View Post
    My iPhone will be outdated soon.
    Sad Face.
    yep... and unfortunately i doubt i'll have the extra cash to upgrade anytime soon (no matter what the price is). stupid school...
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dust Busta's Avatar
    Thanks

It won't be out untill august or september. I think they'll announce the release date next month.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Weird how i said already that it was coming out June 15th yet no one belived me.

Thanks

another Engadget pics of "2"
    Blah Blah and Blah

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    some reviewers have said the future looks grim for this model, competitors have really stepped up their game, and if Apple skimp on some of the much needed features (again), well, bye bye sales
    If it does still lack some features it is still far supirior other phones sold.
    • Regular updates,
    • Best OS,
    • Highly customisable,
    • WiFi,
    • && much more.

And even if others pick these up, I would much rather an iPhone over any other brand. Apple FTW! Haha.
    Really looking forward to this phone. Look great, 3G sounds so tasty!

Quote Originally Posted by CobraSVT View Post
    Weird how i said already that it was coming out June 15th yet no one belived me.
    When did you say that? I can't find it in your posts?
    Last edited by MattMac; 05-08-2008 at 03:17 AM.
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think I am an idiot! I went to Hong Kong and bought an unlocked phone there for far more than market price because they convinced me that it was better than a normal iphone cause it has the "installer" and I can move the icons around the screen, and install and uninstall applications with the simple click of a button... but I am realizing that I think anyone can make their iphone do this for free through third party applications. They convinced me this one was the second generation iphone and had not been released in the states. Now it keeps freezing on the slider page. The volume works and the the time keeps going but I cant unlock the phone to use it! I am so frustrated and am afraid if I do a hard reset I will lose all the applications that make this phone "special". This sucks... bad news all around. Can anyone help me understand what I have here and how to fix it. I think the call it a weiphone or something like that.

Thanks

Default It will be a drop in the ocean here
    Quote Originally Posted by MattMac View Post
    If it does still lack some features it is still far supirior other phones sold.
    • Regular updates,
    • Best OS,
    • Highly customisable,
    • WiFi,
    • && much more.
    Because Apple will lock the phone to a single network, their sales will be limited.
    They can make up for this with subsidies and mass selling, but still.
    In an economic point of view, most consumers with limited knowledge look at features of a phone first before buying. A 2MP camera and lack of bluetooth doesn't cut it here for many in the UK; and that's why was left behind in sales from the start

And even if others pick these up, I would much rather an iPhone over any other brand. Apple FTW! Haha.
    Really looking forward to this phone. Look great, 3G sounds so tasty!
    In the UK, phones had features like these before iPhone came in, and with competitors doubling their efforts in innovation and beauty, Apple will have to pull out a really good phone to try and make a significant impact on the market again.

Your loyalty does not reflect the market's; some people might think like you, but on the whole...meh...
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    Because Apple will lock the phone to a single network, their sales will be limited.
    They can make up for this with subsidies and mass selling, but still.
    In an economic point of view, most consumers with limited knowledge look at features of a phone first before buying. A 2MP camera and lack of bluetooth doesn't cut it here for many in the UK; and that's why was left behind in sales from the start

In the UK, phones had features like these before iPhone came in, and with competitors doubling their efforts in innovation and beauty, Apple will have to pull out a really good phone to try and make a significant impact on the market again.

Your loyalty does not reflect the market's; some people might think like you, but on the whole...meh...

dale the thing is, you are right for the uk market. it sucks, but you are right.

but, imagine if the iphone didnt come out? all we would be looking at is phones with stupidly good cameras and more than necessary chips packed in it.

the iphone has obviously touched on ground that interests consumers and has a market as every other phone manufacturer around is effectively copying the iphone right now. only if the iphone was cheaper on release.....

the iphone is the best at what it does, and is so good it makes up for the things it doesnt do aswell IMO.

i dont feel apple need to innovate anything. many people in the uk are still unfamiliar with the iphone, and this is down simply to the cost of the thing. after the 8gb price drop, many more people are going to be familiar with it either because they own one or through a friend. and ive never shown my phone to someone who has a better phone themselves or isnt impressed.

in the long run, over the next couple years, the iphone will be THE phone on the market. the same as the ipod is for mp3 players.

as far as camera and features go, its a matter of ticking boxes in the uk. i hope that we get 3g and gps and port the bluetooth profiles ourselves (apple will never offer this) and then i would have a perfect phone/handheld device.

apple have simply taken the mobile phone in the direction it needed to be taken. sooner or later people in the uk will realise that its not all about the dam camera.

Green Apple
    Thanks

DANG!! well if it is true about this new 3g iphone that means i have to sell my 16gb and 8gb iphones... well if its unlockable of course!! : (

iPhone? More like MyPhone hozay09's Avatar
    Thanks

We're going through some training at work & preparing for the new iPhone release. They (att) won't give us any facts but the pieces of the puzzle are all there. Our stock is extremely limited with the current generation iphone, we are prohibited from taking vacation between 6/15-7/15 (which was the same thing last year during the 1st launch) & we are learning about new iphone accessories such as the great possibility of an apple stereo bluetooth headset which will allow for music listening. I would definitely expect to see a release of Video Share considering at&t is making a huge deal about it & is limited to 3G devices which they plan to have all devices carrying by the end of '08

Green Apple
    Thanks

what about us Tmobile folk, i dont want to be stuck with an old news phone. Also i sure as hell dont want a phone with a different IOS
    T-mobile has stolen my wallet's heart

iPhone? More like MyPhone hozay09's Avatar
    Thanks

If you live in NYC then you may get to enjoy 3G if (when, I should say) the new iPhone is unlocked. For the meantime you t-mobile guiiz can buy up all left over's from us at&t guiiz

Thanks

I think it should be easily unlockable. With all the effort apple is putting into launching the iPhone OS platform any major changes to the OS would screw over developers. I think it will be the exact same OS but with slightly modified hardware. It may take a few weeks to change some frameworks around but I think current unlocking methods would still work.

Thanks

Originally Posted by CobraSVT
    Bad news people, i just talked to the manager of the local AT&T store that i know personally and he said. There WILL NOT be any discount for new 2yr contract prices, the 8GB will most likely be $600 and the 16GB will be $700. Also he did tell me the release date, and it will be June 15th. So any hopes of getting the new phones cheap is all of forgotten...sorry to bare the bad news but i had to inform you all.

There you all go

Thanks

Bad news people, i just talked to the manager of the local AT&T store that i know personally and he said. There WILL NOT be any discount for new 2yr contract prices, the 8GB will most likely be $600 and the 16GB will be $700. Also he did tell me the release date, and it will be June 15th. So any hopes of getting the new phones cheap is all of forgotten...sorry to bare the bad news but i had to inform you all.

There you all go
    Since your boss has a direct line with the AT&T exec's, can you ask him if they will install some more cell towers to widen the area of 3g by my home?

Thanks

@ Reako, if Apple do gain monopolistic power, it will be even worse
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

iPhone? More like MyPhone jaredb03's Avatar
    Thanks

Bad news people.... Also he did tell me the release date, and it will be June 15th.....
    I think the guy is pulling your leg. Why would the release date be on a sunday? most AT&T stores are closed on sundays, or have short hours like 12-4or5.

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

I guess,it would be released in the middle of the week,for example Wednesday.....

Thanks

Hell yeah, I get my $500 dollar deposit back, plus the early $100 dollar rebate. So its like I'll be payin' basically nothin'? LOL. Is that a camera I see for video conference? Dude, I'm so excited!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Yep ATT Rocks it out again
    I also work for ATT thats ASSWIPE TITS & TWATS

And after much debate with the asnt. manager we fel that with the ramp up of 3g in all areas not just ours and the corelation of dates from this time last year we should see a 3G IPHONE.

Will AssWipes Tits & twats subsudise the cost with a new 2 year contract I will conferm that info as soon as I find out I will post it for everyone..