Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Unlock 1.1.1 out of the box, NO COMPUTER REQUIRED!

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Default [GUIDE] Unlock 1.1.1 out of the box, NO COMPUTER REQUIRED!
    All right guys, I know I'm a little bit late, sorry, but I've just now put up the latest 1.1.1 unlock guide, which doesn't need a computer at all. Works with either a FRESH upgrade of 1.1.1 (never connected to iTunes after upgrade yet) or a brand new 1.1.1 iPhone which is not yet activated at all.

This method uses the *#307# trick to access the WiFi and web, jailbreakme.com to activate/jailbreak, and anySIM to unlock.

Activate/Jailbreak Guide (do first)
    Unlock Guide (assumes you have an activated, jailbroken guide with Installer on it.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

dooey5 (11-08-2007), elfribo (11-08-2007), HORTON16 (11-08-2007), JMIGUELES (11-08-2007), phokingtim (11-08-2007), pstonge (11-08-2007)

Thanks

Nice and easy to do. Great job PF

Green Apple
    Thanks

i read a guide on the interweeb, which states as the first step (prior to the ones in your guide):

Make sure you have a SIM-card with PIN turned off, and power on your phone (the supplied AT&T card works fine).

has the method been tested with and without a sim card? or for the sake of simplicity, can we say, just leave your sim card in? Thanks.

Edit: And while we're answering questions. Kinda related: If we upgrade the firmware with iTunes 7.5, any post-activation issues in iTunes?
    Last edited by thedirtyone; 11-08-2007 at 04:41 PM.

if u have no sim, the calling wont work.. it doesnt matter what kind of sim though.. so yeah u must have a sim installed.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Sure, good call. Guide updated. Always good to assume NOTHING is common sense when dealing with these type of guides!

Good one PF. Very simple.

I've tried this guide with my unactivated 1.1.1 but when I click the AppSnapp and it goes through the unlocking process it does not reboot, so I reboot it manually and it's still not activate :S any ideas?

poetic.... will u be my dad????!!! lmao... confirmed.. tested.. working perfectly.. but u ust install the youtube folder.. u find it in unlocking tools... lass than 5 mins all in all... depending on ur download speed.

great work all.. thumbs up poetic

zal even if it doesnt reboot, when u slide to unlock u will see the installer icon... i didnt reboot through the entire process....

how can i uninstall installer? im unlocking for clients and i dont want to leave the icon there.. is there anyway to do it from the iphone without sshing or using ifuntastic?

oh my god!! ifuntastic sees it as a shackeled phone!
    Last edited by hosies; 11-08-2007 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sadly this perfect guide will be no good come tomorrow

its good anytime!!! today, tomorrow....
    sorry for the spelling mistakes.. i realize i had made so many.. im so excited.. typing very fast...

Cheers..

Actually this past week i went through similiar steps on a 1.0.2 upgrade other than using pc to update to 1.1.1, all same steps involved that I did.

This indeed will be very usefull in future when 1.1.2 is introduced tommorow, and a baseband downgrade has been achieved.

No need carnival, etc... unless you want utube functionality.

You are such an incredible dude, I will nominate you today the Master of The Faster ( guides )

14. The Following User Says Thank You to elfribo For This Useful Post:

thedirtyone (11-08-2007)

you can also go here http://appleiphoneschool.com/category/jailbreak/ and theres a video you can watch

is i.unlock.no using anysim 1.1p??

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wildonrio View Post
    Sadly this perfect guide will be no good come tomorrow
    Sure it will, there'll be plenty of stock for weeks to come, and plenty of folk still have 1.1.1.

Guide will of course be updated when 1.1.2 methods are out.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by krazeazn View Post
    is i.unlock.no using anysim 1.1p??

Great question. Anyone know?

what would the world do without you??

Default Use unupgraded ATT service?
    I have existing (non-iPhone) service with ATT in the USA. Just bought a new iPhone. I don't want to "upgrade" my ATT service to the iPhone version. If I follow this procedure, using the SIM from my old ATT phone, will that work? The iPHone will then just have the same phone number my old ATT phone used to have? Is there any "normal" iPhone functionality that I won't have, other than the visual voicemail?

Thanks!

Hi everyone, i read the whole documentation everything looks great.
    I have a 1.0.2 jaibreaked and unlocked iphone running on Brazil with TIM and I´m a windows user.
    I understand the process and i would like to ask something simple, can i change the upgrade process from the iNdependence to the normal iTunes process and then follow the rest of the process throught the *#307#, ?
    I´m asking this because as i told you guys i´m a windows user and dont have a mac to run iNdependence, and this is the only step that i really need one.
    Thank a lot, best... Thiago B.

It is necessary to install BSD Subsystem before running Anysim ? or with this instructions do it automatically ?

Do i need to install the youtube fix or not ?

I read in other forum the following :
    Beware! iPhone new firmware 1.1.2 is official and may be there on 9 Nov.

I plan to buy 2 iphones on Nov 17, could i get a v1.1.1 on that date ?, is there a posibility to check the version on the phone before buying at the store ? and how to do it ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast