Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Unlock 1.1.1 out of the box, NO COMPUTER REQUIRED!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Hi Help me SOS 911 AAA
    Greetings, Little bit about myself. My name is Kamran, 30, Baku, Azerbaijan (this is the country btw). The friend of mine had business schedule in California, so I asked him to buy Apple iPhone for 399$, since it is fairly cheap and iPhone costs in my country 1500$ but thats unlocked one. So, he bought one last week and brought it over to me on saturday, new brand iPhone. I was quite happy, even though my friend warned me about locked iPhone. So I took out from the box, 1 iPhone, 1 earphones, charger & USB connector and few leaflets. Further it has 1 piece of SIM card (belongs to AT&T) inside of iPhone. Now my mission to activate, unlock and sim unlock, so, I started hard very hard to surf the net. I have done all that steps about dialing *#301# then tapping the contact's URL www.jailbreakme.com, ding-dong, problem, I can not get to the settings, the window comes up saying "Safari cannot find the server". I do not understand where the iPhone will get the connection to WI-FI, so thats mean I have to have WI-FI connection. PLS PLS PLS HELP ME HELP ME I BEG YOU SOS 911 AAA. Explain what should I do. I tried even to activate it through itune but I should have social security card number (I am not US citizen) and credit card (this is not a real problem). Please show me the way out, explain what to do. Could someone explain how to activate the phone, then unlock the iphone and free from AT&T, god please let me see that day I could use my brand new iPhone with my Azercell GSM sim card!!!

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Sure it will, there'll be plenty of stock for weeks to come, and plenty of folk still have 1.1.1.

Guide will of course be updated when 1.1.2 methods are out.
    Last edited by kmamedov; 11-12-2007 at 06:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,806 Times in 1,226 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by truenorth View Post
    pf, thanks for this. Just a few suggestions (correct me if I'm wrong):

In this part:

Does it really say Dismiss? I'm pretty sure you tap on Decline.

Also, to simply things:

prefs://1F - you can simply type prefs:

http://www.jailbreakme.com - you can just enter jailbreakme.com

You only do the *#307# the first time. In subsequent emergency calls, you can just dial 0.
    Thanks! Wiki's are publicly editable... I will make these adjustments though, appreciated.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Thanks

Hi PF, Was wondering if this will work on a itunes rstored 1.1.1? or only works once, i can get as far as, loading the appsnapp but it crashes after about 20 seconds or so and just goes back to activate screen. Had a problem with a installer app and it toasted my phone hence had no choice but to restore.

Cheers for any advice you can,

Guys, If I have a working iphone with an ATT plan under 1.1.1 and want to unlocked it (its not new out of the box), what are my options to follow?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,806 Times in 1,226 Posts

Follow this guide.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123