Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.2 Confirmed for Rollout Tomorrow, Friday

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Hey, Geigerslave, do you think my iphone will brick if I update it tomorrow? LMAO Sorry, just couldn't help myself.
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Digital Oxygen's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey, Geigerslave, do you think my iphone will brick if I update it tomorrow? LMAO

Sorry, just couldn't help myself.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Oxygen View Post
    Hey, Geigerslave, do you think my iphone will brick if I update it tomorrow? LMAO

Sorry, just couldn't help myself.
    Funny after my apoplexy passed... heheh
    -G

Green Apple
    Thanks

I seriously don't understand how we can get to this point... This question has been answered a hundred times every time Apple releases an update. If you can't be bothered to find the answer to what is probably the #1 asked question on this site, why should we be bothered to answer it again, here. I just visit the site and I'm sick of reading it in every single update post.
    I'm glad someone said it. I come to this site almost every day and it's the same question in every single thread. If you're worried about your phone, just wait until the site gets updated with more news from the team about whether its safe to go through with the update. On that note, I haven't even updated to 1.1.1 yet. My phone has been working perfectly but i'm on AT&T so I don't have that big of a problem. I just don't have a phone plan.

Give it time, and just like 1.1.1 they'll "fix" the problem soon enough.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to adriankeith For This Useful Post:

Geigerslave (11-08-2007)

Thanks

Sucks... So now we need to either A) Wait for the ISE to find another exploit B) Find another way in... I hope for the ladder. Also, I'm purchasing my iPhone on the 17th... I hope that it won't be running 1.1.2 by then. But then again, couldn't I just downgrade to 1.1.1?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hope the forum is not going to be swamped with the same bricking SOS like last time when people try to update to 1.1.1 with adequate warning of "not to".

I will wait and enjoy my unlocked 1.1.1 for now.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

lol yea...i can see it now. twenty plus pages of people asking "if i have a phone that's unlocked and jailbroken and i update, will third party apps still work?!?" and the mods repeating themselves saying "wait until the new jailbreak software comes out. it WILL be locked and third party apps WON'T work", of course with the same people that asked in the first place then saying "make sure you don't upgrade yet, i did and now my apps won't work!!"

*sigh*

so, anyway lol, as half of you have said i'm waiting as well. no point in upgrading if i can't play zelda on NES while standing in lines. though, i'm still wondering if apple will ever release an update for itunes that forces your iphone to update without asking whenever there is new firmware available.
    Peter: "Brian! There's a message in my alphabits! It says 'OOOOOOOOO'!!!!!"
    Brian: "Peter...those are Cheerios."

Guides:
    Moving Applications into the Media Partition to get more space for third party apps

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

ditto Geigerslave's comments. It's the same scenario every time apple puts out an update. So I wonder are all these folks that ask this new to the forums or are they apple trolls trying (oops sorry apple employees, didn't mean to dis you) .. let me restate that , are they Jobs trolls trying to discourage modding.
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

Thanks

I'm sitting quite happily with 1.0.2 here in the UK, unlocked a jailbroken and no intention of upgrading until there is something worth doing that for and that would probably only be if they find a way to make my battery charge last more then 8 hours or a fix to SMS that lets me forward text messages and send to many.

Never been tempted to hit that update button yet but there are many out there that just cant resist the temptation, just like the guy on youtube that tazered his own balls, there always someone out there who will wonder "what if" and squeel in pain later

Green Apple
    Thanks

someone is buying me an iphone in exactly 24 hours for now in new york - do u think they will update all boxed iphones on there stores by that time? i really want 1.1.1

Livin the iPhone Life JedixJarf's Avatar
    Thanks

Haha, thats great. Im guessing we will have the manually manage freature, well hopefully.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Turner_ View Post
    someone is buying me an iphone in exactly 24 hours for now in new york - do u think they will update all boxed iphones on there stores by that time? i really want 1.1.1
    that would be pretty sad to do. probably they will only change the ones that are being made right now.

iPhone? More like MyPhone RC_OZ's Avatar
    Thanks

nah... OTB 1.1.2 won't be out so quickly.

If you want, I'll trade you my 1.1.1 for you 1.1.2 iPhone.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,273 Times in 652 Posts

so does this mean if I update jailbreakme.com wont work? Whoa is me could someone pweeeaze tell me what to do?!?!?!?!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Does anyone have the 1.1.1 firmware files saved anywhere? I remember we were able to download the 1.0.2 fw from the Apple site, but I upgraded to 1.1.1 by letting iTunes do it's thing, so I don't have that.

Is 1.1.1 available as a direct download from Apple's site? I'd like to grab it before 1.1.2 shows up in iTunes.

Would be handy to have all fw versions somewhere so I could have the restore options.
    cash removed my sig of a donation link.

http://smokebubbles.wordpress.com
    "Brewin' and 'quein' since last Tuesday."

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thats really funny cash.. u know how many people u have scared with this post? lmao!!
    as long as the update will not make the sms and phone features as a nokia mobile, then no thanks.. im not interested!!

off topic: can i find BSD Subsystem file on the net, and install it manually through ifuntastic? im having problems sshing...

lets unlock the 1.1.2!!!

thinkanddrive... user/library/itunes/iphone software updates
    thats where the file is supposed to be...

thinkanddrive... user/library/itunes/iphone software updates
    thats where the file is supposed to be...
    Last edited by hosies; 11-08-2007 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkandDrive View Post
    Does anyone have the 1.1.1 firmware files saved anywhere? I remember we were able to download the 1.0.2 fw from the Apple site, but I upgraded to 1.1.1 by letting iTunes do it's thing, so I don't have that.

Is 1.1.1 available as a direct download from Apple's site? I'd like to grab it before 1.1.2 shows up in iTunes.

Would be handy to have all fw versions somewhere so I could have the restore options.
    You can get all previous versions here:

http://iphone.unlock.no/

scroll down and you will find links

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The TIFF exploit WILL be fixed in this update, however, so jailbreaking will be tough again for a bit.

so if you unlocked an iphone using TIFF exploit, will it not work anymore cuz of this update? say you dont update will it effect the unlocked iphone (via TIFF) in any way?

also, is this a legit way of unlocking it? i'm still new to this so please any help will do.

http://www.hacktheiphone.com/111/iphone_step_1.html

Green Apple
    Thanks

how could it affect it if u dont update?!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hosies View Post

off topic: can i find BSD Subsystem file on the net, and install it manually through ifuntastic? im having problems sshing...
    you can install BSD Subsystem in installer.app

or via iBrickr

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hey Guys and Girls

Don't you have trust in your MODS. I am 101 % sure that they can hack any software in this world. So don't worry and relax. Just sit and watch.

DON't UPGRADE until yo get a green signal from OUR GREAT TEAM.

Pendu