Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iMapIDLE - simulated PUSH email on the iPhone

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Did you not use this guide? Its just drag and drop, same as opening up Explorer in your computer and looking at your own files...

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

FROM TUAW.COM

"add http://ride4.org/shai.xml to your installer sources. Check under Shai's Apps and you'll be able to install this of installer.app!"

Greg

I get a "package download failed" when trying to install it via the installer V3.

This is a follow up to an earlier post.

Gave my phone a full charge and set iMapIDLE to reconnect every ten seconds. After much web surfing, sixty-one minutes of cell talk time and misc. use my batter wore down 50% over a period of eight hours. Considering everything that's not bad performance.

I wonder if this can be modified to work with a POP account. That would make it even more valuable!

Can i use ibrikr to install this?

im surprise that it seems my battery is acting like i did not install the imapidle. my edge,wifi,bluetooth and together imapidle seems all normal.

turning off the SSH when not in use
    imap gmail set check every hour

imapidle rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    I get a "package download failed" when trying to install it via the installer V3.
    I get the same.

Update: installed manually, but get no notifications.
    Last edited by truenorth; 11-08-2007 at 10:53 PM. Reason: update
    Sydney, Australia
    If you received help, click on the Thanks button!

Default me either
    shai's source doesn't work for me either. i tried installing it manually right after erica posted about it on tuaw, but couldn't get it to pop up with notifications EVER.... thought this might be different, but alas i was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ajustcircle View Post
    shai's source doesn't work for me either. i tried installing it manually right after erica posted about it on tuaw, but couldn't get it to pop up with notifications EVER.
    Same here.
    Sydney, Australia
    If you received help, click on the Thanks button!

okay.. can someone hook a brother up with the gmail imap settings? And, I have two accounts set up on my phone.. one is for work.. the other is gmail. Can you just do one with this app? For some reason I thought I was supposed to install this app and it would find my accounts on the phone.. start checking them and pushing the mail to the phone. As it is.. this is the major downfall of the iphone as compared to my treo.. it NEVER notifies me that I have new mail.. UNLESS -- as you know -- I'm on the mail page already.

thanks!!

j

Installed via iBrickr.

Launch the app.

It opens to a blue screen with a mail icon but just hangs there for a minute then jumps back to the springboard.

Thoughts?

You need to make sure that you have the permissions set correctly. See the thread below from Hackint0sh for much more information regarding this great app.

http://hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6116

I have the app. all set up and configured for GMAIL but it's simply not doing a thing.

ETA - started working after a few resets.
    Last edited by lgreenberg; 11-09-2007 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Im using 1.0.2 and cant get it to work. The app opens and options are given but once i hit save and exit out, it doesnt do anything. I think it only works on 1.1.1 at the moment. Please update to work on earlier firmware!

Thanks!

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

0.4 was working sporadically for me with gmail, I updated to 0.5 and its now not working at all. AOL mail, does seem to work though, so I think its just a gmail thing right now.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Did anyone notice that everytime springboard restart, this app will turn off. Need to manually switch on again. Hope get fixed in next version.

Quote Originally Posted by gu014 View Post
    i receive the notifications, but when i press 'check' nothing happens. Is it not supposed to load Mail?
    In mail setup, you need to set the automatically check mail in an interval (any option is fine), if you set to check mail manually, it won't work.
    Last edited by larrygu; 11-09-2007 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Red face Can't figure it out
    OK, ssh and put the program on my iPhone.

When I start it I just get a blown up version of the icon for about 20 seconds and then it sends me back to Summerboard.

My permission are set to 0755. I have reset the phone several times (about 8) and still nothing.

Got any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by larrygu View Post
    In mail setup, you need to set the automatically check mail in an interval (any option is fine), if you set to check mail manually, it won't work.
    Amm, mine is set to manual and it's working.

Where can i download the 0.5?

Thanks!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast