+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhones iPhones Everywhere, Oh my

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
It has been announced, the iPhone will be officially sold in countries all over the world. Vodafone has announced that they will be selling the iPhone in ten countries. They
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,269 Times in 652 Posts

Default iPhones iPhones Everywhere, Oh my
    It has been announced, the iPhone will be officially sold in countries all over the world. Vodafone has announced that they will be selling the iPhone in ten countries. They fail to give a time frame or any real details except for the country names:
    • Australia
    • Czech Republic
    • Egypt
    • Greece
    • Italy
    • India
    • Portugal
    • New Zealand
    • South Africa
    • Turkey
    And those lucky folks in Italy are going to get a choice jealous between carriers since Telecom Italia (TIM) has announced that they too will be selling the iPhone. Oh and if you're curious, TIM also didn't provide any real details.

[MacNN via marketwatch]

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

doesn't egypt not have edge tho? or one of them main countries i reada bout not using edge.

lucky countries! welcome to the club!
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

this will push apple into the trillions as far as profits are concerned.

iPhone? More like MyPhone abujala's Avatar
    Thanks

it was sellng for about 15oo usd in egypt last saturday
    2.1 T-mobile
    MAC OSX

Thanks

wesome. Finally.
    As soon as it comes to India, I m going to vergenise mine, take it apple store and get me a new piece as this one got many a scratches. Hope that works.

I m bit sad too. Now everyone in my college is going to have an iPhone. No big deal about the current few studs who have em now.
    :-(

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Australia will also have a choice between two carriers with Optus slated to carry the iphone as well..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thats ******** news. The hype is so strong that every drooling bastard will have an iPhone and it will be abused. Apple needs to do something to separate the men from the boys.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vysionous View Post
    Thats ******** news. The hype is so strong that every drooling bastard will have an iPhone and it will be abused. Apple needs to do something to separate the men from the boys.
    Haha Apple has has different interests they revolve around a little thing called money

Thanks

the more people with iphones, the happier i will be. after using nokias and sony ericsson's for years, the iPhone is a god send.

i would love the iPhone to kill off its competitors.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Not sure how this is going to work in Australia as the only carrier to offer EDGE data is Telstra and they are on the way to phasing out support for it.
    At the moment I use a jailbroken phone on telstra prepaid but was expecting telstra to get the contract for the 3g version as optus/vodaphone don't have a faster enough network for it.

Thanks

I thought I'd add, I've been hearing rumors that it's coming to Argentina soon as well, probably when the 3G version hits. When and if it does, it'll probably be locked to the "Personal" network (That's Telecom's Wireless branch). It makes sense, considering it's the only of the 3 local networks that has 3G.

What's Jailbreak? cheekydevil1234's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by soupboy View Post
    Not sure how this is going to work in Australia as the only carrier to offer EDGE data is Telstra and they are on the way to phasing out support for it.
    At the moment I use a jailbroken phone on telstra prepaid but was expecting telstra to get the contract for the 3g version as optus/vodaphone don't have a faster enough network for it.
    This is not true, i am on vodafone and it works fine on edge but Australia is not going to get the 1st gen Iphone, they will be getting a 3G version of it. As far as optus and vodafone they have fast enough network for the phone it is just not "as quick" as telstra but in saying that Telstra Australia has the fastest 3g or next g tech in the world. (i still hate telstra but)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cheekydevil1234 View Post
    This is not true, i am on vodafone and it works fine on edge but Australia is not going to get the 1st gen Iphone, they will be getting a 3G version of it. As far as optus and vodafone they have fast enough network for the phone it is just not "as quick" as telstra but in saying that Telstra Australia has the fastest 3g or next g tech in the world. (i still hate telstra but)
    Vodaphone and Optus offer 2G WAP connetions for the iphone but Telstra are the only network to actually offer EDGE data which is a 2.5G connection.

I started on Optus with WAP connections but after changing to Telstra and actually being able to get EDGE speeds the difference is much more noticable. As far as I've found out from friends working for Telstra, Telstra are getting the 3G version as they've said the entire time that they won't stock it unless it works on the NextG network as they're planning to phase out the 2G network.

So I was assuming that Vodaphone was getting the original version on the 2G network?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Here Here
    Have to agree with you cheekydevil1234, I'll be paying out my contract with them and switching over to Vodafone when time comes! (Their voice recognition service does my head in!)

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

I actually heard this on the radio last night a work. They said that Australia was getting the phone on Vodaphone. Came on to start a thread and saw this, haha.
    But this is great. I can't wait, but am sure as hell aint going with Vodaphone. Worst network in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ctsd View Post
    Australia will also have a choice between two carriers with Optus slated to carry the iphone as well..
    I haven't heard this, but would be great. I have Optus pre paid, NO MORE UNLOCKING! Yay, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by soupboy View Post
    Vodaphone and Optus offer 2G WAP connetions for the iphone but Telstra are the only network to actually offer EDGE data which is a 2.5G connection.

I started on Optus with WAP connections but after changing to Telstra and actually being able to get EDGE speeds the difference is much more noticable. As far as I've found out from friends working for Telstra, Telstra are getting the 3G version as they've said the entire time that they won't stock it unless it works on the NextG network as they're planning to phase out the 2G network.

So I was assuming that Vodaphone was getting the original version on the 2G network?
    I don't think they would release the 2G version here. Would be useless, its being phased out so quick, by all the networks. All a bout 3G here down-under.
    The only phones Telstra sell now work on the NextG network... 2G and 2.5G will be gone in the next few years, if not earlier.

Yeah man, the only service that supports EDGE in Australia is Telstra. Optus and Vodaphone both use GPRS.

Again, I am convinced that they will only release 3G here, but I could be wrong. Guess we just have to wait for the details hu?
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

well i'm in india n i already have iphone.I dont think the new iphone with 3G will work here because we dont have a 3g network.

Thanks

DUDE!!! finally coming to india!!! thats good and bad in a way....coz now every other idiot here is gonna have the phone.....that sux.
    but at least i can get mine fixed proeprly now!!

Thanks

Oh yeah! (doing the dance of joy...)

South Africa

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Don't forget Latin America
    America Movil just signed a deal with apple....

Green Apple
    Thanks

Vodafone New Zealand had better do something about their data plans then... it's almost 3rd world at the moment!