+ Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes 7.5 Update

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Just found this about the update. not a big deal but kind of feels like big brother watching and keeping tabs of what we are doing http://www.boingboing.net/2006/01/11...te-spies-.html
    Thanks
    Just found this about the update. not a big deal but kind of feels like big brother watching and keeping tabs of what we are doing

http://www.boingboing.net/2006/01/11...te-spies-.html

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kndhadley View Post
    Just found this about the update. not a big deal but kind of feels like big brother watching and keeping tabs of what we are doing

http://www.boingboing.net/2006/01/11...te-spies-.html
    Not sure relevance to release 7.5, that quote you reference is from January 2006....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rwross View Post
    Has anyone tried iTunes 7.5 with iPhonebrowser? If so, does it still work?
    Yip, works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by curnaco View Post
    Can anybody PLEASE confirm this? I want to update my Itunes to 7.5 but I am afraid to lock my iphone again or

any problems?
    Happy to confirm for PC, it all works fine, sync with outlook, music, the whole lot...
    Last edited by apfel; 11-07-2007 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I also can confirm that updating to 7.5 using jailbreak on 1.1.1 causes no problems. Works same as before the update, sorry though this is on a MBP, not a windows pc =)

Thanks

Another confirmation of no problems. I even restored and re-jailbroke through http://jailbreakme.com afterwards with no problems, except one (unreleated):

A lazy tap on my part caused the iPhone to jump on a neighbour's wireless connection - the type where you need to give your MAC address to the ISP in order to get online (Telus, in Canada, and I know - it's ridiculously stupid).

I had to add a second contact with the following URL to get to the Settings screen, so I could change my wifi and get to jailbreakme.com:
    prefs://1F

Just thought I'd put that here because I didn't find it until last night when I was stuck on the wrong wifi connection!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default It Does Not Work
    If you do Restore with 7.5 and try to jailbreak it (using jailbreakme.com) IT DOESN'T WORK.

If bought my iphone with firmware version 1.1.1 . Jailbreak-ed it successfully three days ago, and today try restoring it using iTunes 7.5. Now I can NO LONGER JAILBREAK IT.

Green Apple
    Thanks

[irrelevant]
    Last edited by tonycortes; 06-09-2010 at 01:30 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Ringtones in 7.5...?
    ...But does iTunes 7.5 nuke your custom ringtones? I'm using my ringtones via the "Mecca" method, iTunes 7.4.2, firmware 1.1.1. If I upgrade to iTunes 7.5, will I be back to square one as far as ringtones...?

-Berserker

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

tonycortes, I'm doing it over wifi, and I'm pretty sure I followed all steps (at least as they're described on iphone.unlock.no).

I even downloaded the magic.tif on one of my servers (maybe they ban the location somehow), but again this did not do the trick.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
    Not sure relevance to release 7.5, that quote you reference is from January 2006....

I was just reminding that they have done very sneaky things in the past and it takes time to find these things.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by etefleosc View Post
    If you do Restore with 7.5 and try to jailbreak it (using jailbreakme.com) IT DOESN'T WORK.

If bought my iphone with firmware version 1.1.1 . Jailbreak-ed it successfully three days ago, and today try restoring it using iTunes 7.5. Now I can NO LONGER JAILBREAK IT.
    Isn't Jailbreakme.com fixed the TIFF exploit also after jailbreaking? So, if you jailbroken once, will it work the second time around?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
    ...But does iTunes 7.5 nuke your custom ringtones? I'm using my ringtones via the "Mecca" method, iTunes 7.4.2, firmware 1.1.1. If I upgrade to iTunes 7.5, will I be back to square one as far as ringtones...?

-Berserker
    I am also using the Mecca method. I updated to 7.5, have synced a couple of times and my ringtones stayed put.
    Sydney, Australia
    If you received help, click on the Thanks button!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Tiff exploit
    Quote Originally Posted by wsxijn View Post
    Isn't Jailbreakme.com fixed the TIFF exploit also after jailbreaking? So, if you jailbroken once, will it work the second time around?
    You are right, but I thought the restore would erase completely the file system, hence - reintroducing the TIFF exploit.

If my phone is locked now, and the tiff exploit no longer works ... what's left for me to do? I can't virginize it any longer ...

iPhone? More like MyPhone alpawa's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by inigoayesa View Post
    The only problem is that iNdependence does not run... I have upgrade it and i can not use iNdependence, anywhere to get iTunes 7.4.2??
    Thanks
    Dude, I'm screwed also! Did not pay attention to the warning of no iNdependence!!! Hope those guys bring out a new version soon!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone compton,Tx's Avatar
    Thanks

I know Dash-2 touched on this but I'm running version 1.0.2 with itunes version 7.3.2, I obviously have not updated anything. Definetly don't want to go to 1.1.1 just yet but wondering if I can update itunes, and do I need to update in order? I have just done the apptapp installer through my MacBook, but it's legit AT&T, no unlock. I appreciate any info.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by etefleosc View Post
    You are right, but I thought the restore would erase completely the file system, hence - reintroducing the TIFF exploit.

If my phone is locked now, and the tiff exploit no longer works ... what's left for me to do? I can't virginize it any longer ...
    It does erase the filesystem. I was 1.1.1 and my phone was acting strange, so I restored it to 1.1.1 again. I used jailbreakme.com to activate and jailbreak 1.1.1 the second time around no problem.

iPhone? More like MyPhone loocfa's Avatar
    Thanks

im running 1.0.2 and installed itune, 7.5 on my powermac, everything works fine. apart from i still cant put videos onto itunes.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    had the same prob yesterday, so i searched for itunes 7.4 on the search bar at the top of this page and took me to a post and downloaded, after thet a could, and did restore my 1.1.1 unlocked and jailbroken iphone, but before you downgrade and upgrade, unlock, read the post on unlocking a brand new unactivated 1.1.1 without downgrading and then unlocking and upgrading, worked for me in 10 minutes and i am a noob at this, regards

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Whoa... I'm confused here...

I have a FW1.1.1 iFone activated->jailborken->unlocked using the iNdependence 1.2.5 and AnySim1.1 on my intel iMac.

I just wonder after updating to iTunes 7.5 will it AUTOMATICALLY update/restore my iFone? I mean I can still choose not to update my iFone FW to 1.1.2 in case it tells me to, right?

I'm good with my FW1.1.1 iFone and have no plans to update its FW. What I want to make sure is having iTunes 7.5 won't force me to do so. I'd suppose all the other functions will still be working with iTunes 7.5 and iPhone FW1.1.1...

Thanks a lot.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by T4R06 View Post
    download the 7.4.2 back but before you install. reinstall your itunes by using appzapper. if you dont have here
    appzapper.com

this will clean and remove your itunes and clean all. dont worry it will not remove your music.

then fresh install the 7.4.2 back

your independence will work again. good luck!
    when i tried to drag the itunes app into it, it wouldn't uninstall it. i tried to find the folder in spotlight and this did not work as well.

what am i missing?