Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes 7.5 Update

iTunes 7.5 also shows battery status, it only appears to display on my 3rd generation iPod nano, not my iPhone.

http://gadgetsonthego.net/2007/11/it...ry-status.html
    Jimmie Geddes, Editor

It seems from what I've read that the new version supports all carriers i.e o2 in the Uk and T Mobile is Germany

So my question is this, If I have a 1.0.2 phone unlocked with pacay and AnySim1.1 using an o2 SIM, what do you think my chances are of itunes recognising my o2 SIM and updating it to 1.1.2 so I dont need to unlock it again to use it. I realise I might lose the ability to jailbreak and install application but I'm sure this will come along later.

Has anyone tried this or does anyone know of a good reason not to try?

iTunes 7.5 update works fine with jailbroken, unlocked iPhone with version 1.1.1. Syncs fine.

Quote Originally Posted by jhuys View Post
    iTunes 7.5 update works fine with jailbroken, unlocked iPhone with version 1.1.1. Syncs fine.

Can anybody PLEASE confirm this? I want to update my Itunes to 7.5 but I am afraid to lock my iphone again or

any problems?

Default new option
    It now has the option to convert selection for ipod or iphone... under movies

iTunes 7.5, iPhone 1.1.1 Locked with AT&T, Jailbreakme only.
    Every thing works fine. Synced normal with no problems

Default PF please !
    How do you get those freaking clean screenshots online to post here?
    Can you post a tut ? for Mac and Iphone, sorry IFONE...please.

Thanks

very nice it works smooth with my 16 gb iPod touch...
    So how's that JB stuff working out?
    I'm still trying to get my 1st gen. into dfu mode

os x, powermac g5, iunlocked iphone running 1.0.2. updated to itunes 7.5. All ok in the phone functionality department. Haven't tried jailbreak. No need to personally, as I bricked my phone trying to upgrade to 1.1.1 with it before. Won't be using jailbreak until a stable solution is found for upgrading to 1.1.1 anyway. From where I'm standing, the upgrade is fine if you're on 1.0.2 unlocked and don't plan on using Jailbreak. Have just tried Cyberduck to get in and am getting "problem while connecting to xx.xx.x.x". I presume apple have closed the WIFI loophole for the time being.... this is ok if you're happy with and unlocked phone, and not installing 3rd party apps. I don't have any 3rd party apps running on my phone.
    Some information on 3rd party app performance would be useful here....

I got iPhone 1.1.1 unlocked with touchfree, i downloaded iTunes 7.5 everything is fine.
    Still can connect the iPhone with the ibrickr, but the ibrickr seems that doesn't affect anymore i can upload ringtones, sounds or files i dont know if the itunes did the damage.
    however it happened that i had to reinstall windows in my computer just before i update the itunes, so i dont know if i should run the touchfree again or what...,
    any idea would help... Ty

12. The Following User Says Thank You to malka_aria For This Useful Post:

NetMage (11-07-2007)

I have run it and fully restored it via 7.5 and then re unlocked it.

i have had no problems at all, everything works great and apptapp works too.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeml View Post

More info please, what SIM card what version before and after and what unlocking method was used.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hi all! Great Forum here! Helped me a lot already!

I run my phone with FW 1.1.1, unlocked and applied AnySIM. I personally have never seen an AT&T SIM before. It was AnySMMed already when I bought it.

I updated iTunes on my Windows XP SP2 Machine to 7.5.0.20 (German Version). Then I messed the phone up thru a software install and had to restore (hanging at Apple boot logo and reset would not work anymore).

XX Did the restore of FW thru iTunes - OK

XX Activated thru JB - OK
    (It took longer as the first time though and did not act in the same way as after updating to 1.1.1 on a virginized phone. I do not get the re-call thingy. Only a restart and then its activated.)

XX No need of AnySIM, could already use it with my non AT&T SIM - OK

XX Restore of Data Backup - OK

XX Sync - OK

Regards to all!
    Last edited by csc2ky; 11-07-2007 at 03:17 AM.

Running 1.1.1 - upgraded from a virginized 1.0.2. Jailbroken with iNdependence and activated with a Swisscom SIM using anySim 1.1.p. Updated to iTunes 7.5. Sync still works fine. Nothing bad to report.
    Have not tried to install anything new since updating. Keeping the configuration as is. Took me long enough to get to this happy place.

I am pretty sure this just wiped out my ringtones that I have put on it from iToner...

iPhone? More like MyPhone aglitch's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bdogg View Post
    os x, powermac g5, iunlocked iphone running 1.0.2. updated to itunes 7.5. All ok in the phone functionality department. Haven't tried jailbreak. No need to personally, as I bricked my phone trying to upgrade to 1.1.1 with it before. Won't be using jailbreak until a stable solution is found for upgrading to 1.1.1 anyway. From where I'm standing, the upgrade is fine if you're on 1.0.2 unlocked and don't plan on using Jailbreak. Have just tried Cyberduck to get in and am getting "problem while connecting to xx.xx.x.x". I presume apple have closed the WIFI loophole for the time being.... this is ok if you're happy with and unlocked phone, and not installing 3rd party apps. I don't have any 3rd party apps running on my phone.
    Some information on 3rd party app performance would be useful here....

what are you talking about? dont you need to be jailbroken in order to unlock?

Default How did you re-unlock it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeml View Post

Hey Treeml - I did the same thing, but the re-unlocking did not work. I'm stuck now with an unfunctional iphone.

I used iTunes 7.5 with iPhone 1.1.1. Tutorial used was the one on iphone.unlock.no.

After restoring, I repeated the steps in iphone.unlock.no tutorial, but it did not work anymore - simply put, when accessing that tiff image (from the jailbreakme.com website) turned the phone instantaneously to the activation screen with no reboot whatsoever.

I repeated the whole process several times with no luck.

What do you think may be the problem? Did Apple do a silent update (I still
    see the version number as being 04.01.13_G).

If so, what should be the best solution to restore it?

Thanks!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone maXimus's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs up Confirmed
    ITunes 7.5 confirmed to work with my original iPhone that came with 1.0.1, jailbroken, hacked for use with any Cingular sim, restored, upgraded to 1.0.2, jailbroken again, hacked again for use with any Cingular sim, restored again, jailbroken again, unlocked with iUnlock, revirginized with Elite Dev team's method, restored again to 1.0.2, upgraded to 1.1.1, jailbroken again, unlocked with anySIM 1.1, restored to 1.1.1, jailbroken again and unlocked again with anySIM 1.1!!!!!!!
    Last edited by maXimus; 11-07-2007 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by elfribo View Post
    How do you get those freaking clean screenshots online to post here?
    Can you post a tut ? for Mac and Iphone, sorry IFONE...please.
    try dock

Quote Originally Posted by malka_aria View Post
    Still can connect the iPhone with the ibrickr, but the ibrickr seems that doesn't affect anymore i can upload ringtones, sounds or files i dont know if the itunes did the damage.
    any idea would help... Ty
    Can you repost the iBrickr part in English?
    Last edited by NetMage; 11-07-2007 at 08:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast