Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iDemocracy 3 for Mac OS X / Windows - RELEASED | Jailbreak/Unlock/Backup

just wondering out loud... there is iliberty, ziphone, then ipwn... independence with anysim - how many more programs should/can there be?

idemocracy seems a little questionable by the posts I am reading....
    do you really want to risk your iphone with yet another software?
    just a thought. ( they all do the same ).

alright, so after that .plist fail, all u hv to do is hard reset hold until the itunes restore comes up, restore regularly in iTunes, and rejailbreak

backing up now after i hv installer and major apps installed, at like 20mins here....
    and going to leave it on over night, but will that mess up the screen any? (ill leave it on low brightness and such, but let me know)
    If my post is helpful, give it a ThAnKs!

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    iPod mini 4g
    iPod Video 30g (not anymore, I will miss you =[)
    Jailbroken iPhone 7.32g

Just a quick question. I can imagine that this works on the iPod touch, however, I would just like to make sure. Thank you for this great tool!

Quote Originally Posted by Drakenza View Post
    hmm, if your apps are on the Media partition and symlinked across, it may be screwing up the backups. Or not...

iTunes doesn't backup the media partition, just media like ringtones, music, whatever.
    Ok cool. So will this backup utility also be able to back up the library and media partitions of mobile and root?

iPhone? More like MyPhone imagineThiss's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Drakenza View Post
    hmm, if your apps are on the Media partition and symlinked across, it may be screwing up the backups. Or not...

iTunes doesn't backup the media partition, just media like ringtones, music, whatever.
    Well yeah im on 1.1.4 and i installed cydia, to have the link ! i think.. from mobile to root or something like that !

Quote Originally Posted by Crasher26 View Post
    Doesn't even execute on Vista ultimate x64, clicked the iDemocracy 3.exe and it just comes up saying "iDemocracy 3.exe has stopped working" then nothing, anyone else got the same problem?
    same here

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

Does anyone know where the back up files made in iD3 are stored on a mac?
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I Try to backup my 1.1.3 iPhone but seems it takes forever. I found some files are copied but after that it is just showing downloading from iPhone but actually it doesn't.
    Boil your iPhone 2G in 110 degree temperature water to transform it to iPhone 3G S!!

should I use this or the pwnage tool???

Can you answer my questions, Drakenza?

-What unlock method does it use? Does it downgrade the bootloader to 3.9/FB? Or does it neuter or something?
    -"Fix wi-fi". Same questions. How does it fix? Hope is not by changing mac ?
    - Erase baseband. Does it require 3.9 or works on 4.6 as well?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Thanks

Program looks good, I'm re-jailbreaking my iPhone but it's takin a while
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone

Thanks

My suggestion, stick with pwnage for now.
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

i hate it, whenever i use it, and install some apps it gets stuck at the apple logo. And i installed the same apps i had installed for ages

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I love the interface. It is an app which is giving people freedom to make a choice. The only problem I have is that when I tried to unlock, I went in order, jailbreak, activate, unlock, and the unlock didnt work. At all.

Then I restored, started from scratch, all good, i unlocked with iPlus, but my girlfriend restored my phone trying to get the numbers on and my computer crashed in the middle, I wiped and put 1.1.4 on again. Nothing to do with iD3, i know, just describing my process

So I decided to give iD3 a try again, jailbroke and activated like a champ.

My only gripe that I had is that i now have a count of every incoming call on my springboard, even though it isnt a missed call. I go in the phone app, check my missed calls, and it disappears. But now when another call comes in, I get the same number back. My phone is at 30 right now. Other than that, clean program. I would love to get my springboard to display the proper number of missed calls. Is there a fix available?

Quote Originally Posted by influence22 View Post
    same here
    Yep, I got the same problem. Tried running in compatibility mode/administrator, no dice.

~Gooda~

Default quitting on Mac
    when i open iD3 it shows up in the toolbar and then dissapears as if it attempts to open im running OS X 10.4 do i need leopard for this program to function?

Edit: oops realized that they original post said Tiger not supported
    Last edited by ceramicwhite; 05-06-2008 at 08:19 PM.

should I use this or the pwnage tool???

Thanks

PWNAGE!!!
    I have said this a few times. But, again for those who don't read, use pwnage for now. This is still buggy, I don't like its reliance on SSH, and it has the tendency to crash easily. Is got a great theory behind it, but the bugs need to be ironed out and stability increased before effective use. So still use pwnage for now. You get alot more out of that.
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by matt4iphones View Post
    PWNAGE!!!
    I have said this a few times. But, again for those who don't read, use pwnage for now. This is still buggy, I don't like its reliance on SSH, and it has the tendency to crash easily. Is got a great theory behind it, but the bugs need to be ironed out and stability increased before effective use. So still use pwnage for now. You get alot more out of that.
    We Can Kinda tell by ur icon that u like pwnage!!! lol
    iPhone 4, Yellow Custom Glass, 32GB, 4.3.3, non-working home button. And a prototype iPhone 4 White.
    Main Computer:MacBook Unibody Plastic, 2.26GHZ, 4GB RAM, 250x2GB, Red glowing Apple.
    Water Damaged iPhone? Don't throw it away; iPhone Motherboard washing tutorial!!! (PM me I will do it for you)

I am guessing it does not work for the ipod touch....
    on mine it got stuck after a jailbreak in a repeating message:
    BSD root:md0,major 2, minor 0
    Guess I'll try to jailbreak with something else and use this to backup....

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast