Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New U.K. iPhones come with firmware v1.1.2

oHH....When that may happen...and well i think it can be downgraded as well as the 1.1.1 software, we just downgrade it and thats it, what is the problem with this am i skiping something?

Do you recon UK iPhones will run on 1.1.1? Or will they require 1.1.2 to function?

Otherwise can't we just downgrade our iPhones, and update to unlocked 1.1.1?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

its only lnaguages.. isnt it? i dont think anyone needs it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tomer View Post
    its only lnaguages.. isnt it? i dont think anyone needs it
    And the TIFF fix, but thats another reason not to update.

Is no-one really interested in getting short code SMS' working properly?!?! It's a serious pain in the *** not getting notification of voicemails and I for one will be hanging out for 1.1.2 if it does what it appears to do in this area.

Balls. I work in The Carphone Warehouse over here and I can indeed confirm the buggers come with 1.1.2 software. Does anyone expect this to be cracked anytime soon?

Quote Originally Posted by pmas View Post
    Unless there are some real additions, there seems to be no reason to update to the new firmware. My question is WHY is apple doing these petty upgrades when they have so many MUCH needed improvements to make on this phone? How about REAL sms so we can receive and forward attachments without using email? Or how about a software fix for the crappy camera? Wait, how about flash support for safari? hmm..shall I go on?
    It's clear that apple could care less about what we, the consumer want from this phone.
    We will never get everything we want in this version of the iPhone. It's shortcomings, the little things you would like that should be there, are left out on purpose. It's the oldest trick in the book when you know your going to have a revised version out in the future.

3G will make maybe 30-40% of iPhone owners upgrade when the next model comes out, by then alot of people will realise they can get by on EDGE rather than pay out again. Software enhancements and other added features that could be implemented now will be held back until the next model to force another 20% or so to upgrade.

For example I'm certain Apple could have integrated a better, higher resolution camera into the 1st version for very little more. But why put a better camera in now when you will get as many buyers with a 2mp and you can save the 5mp for later?

Quote Originally Posted by HexusOdy View Post
    We will never get everything we want in this version of the iPhone. It's shortcomings, the little things you would like that should be there, are left out on purpose. It's the oldest trick in the book when you know your going to have a revised version out in the future.

3G will make maybe 30-40% of iPhone owners upgrade when the next model comes out, by then alot of people will realise they can get by on EDGE rather than pay out again. Software enhancements and other added features that could be implemented now will be held back until the next model to force another 20% or so to upgrade.

For example I'm certain Apple could have integrated a better, higher resolution camera into the 1st version for very little more. But why put a better camera in now when you will get as many buyers with a 2mp and you can save the 5mp for later?
    Hardware improvements mean a new model, but software improvements can (hardware permitting) be added to old models at the same time as new ones. They added new features to old iPods in the past.

Why would Apple deliberately leave features out? This will only give a negative reaction and bad reputation. They wan't the best reputation possible in this new market.

I think the real issue is

1. Time and resources - same old same old
    2. Apple cares to much about style and implementation, not about function. So if they can't implement it nicely, they don't implement it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by KristofferS View Post
    Okay, here's my dilemma: Someone I know is going to the united states, and i've asked them to bring me back an iPhone, however they aren't arriving there till Saturday, assuming it comes with 1.1.1 I'm comfortable with unlocking mechanisms -

but..

Assuming it comes with 1.1.2, will I be able to use the same downgrading practice for 1.1.2->1.1.1 as 1.1.1->1.0.2? And thereby unlock it, remember it's not activated or anything. And yes i know it's hard to answer this when you haven't got the firmware yourself but in theory? Would it be the same downgrade mechanism as before?

Any feedback is appreciated.
    i have the same problem

has somebody answered your querry pls msg me too

If it doesn't work you can always get the T-Shirt. lmao

http://alldealshere.com/Shop/product...products_id=57

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    The phone came out June 29th, this will be the second major iTunes release since. So once every 2 months for iTunes and once a month ( on average ) for new iPhone firmware.
    Wonderful, every month i get to deal with this.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,808 Times in 1,228 Posts

Or you can just wait each time - you're not using 1.1.2 right now and you're ok, so when it is out, why wouldn't you be ok not using for a couple weeks more?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

the baseband did change!!! Posted on T3!

Which he implied that the basebad was not changed because if it was it would have changed the 1.1.2 and not 1.1.2 because in his theory the baseband would have changed the second digit and not the third.

Lighter

Quote Originally Posted by SaCH View Post
    In software developing its commonly used the version number to denote a unique release of general availability (stable software). Also, this number is commonly a three or four parts number, like 1.1.2, meaning:
    major.minor.revision(.build)

So, in the case of iPhone OS, if the first part increases we can expect awesome new functionality which represent a MAJOR change (like the UI or the OS itself).
    If the second part increases we can expect that the current functionality is extended (e.g. if you have wifi as functionality, you release a wifi music store to extend this functionality), and that known issues have been addressed.
    If the third part only is increased, you can expect bug fixes and parameters/settings changes to add stability and/or accommodate to new markets (e.g. a release in another country which need another character mapping)

Said this, this iPhone release is not a major, not even a minor, it's just a revision and if they would've changed the baseband I can assure you they would've needed more than just a revision in the OS.

--
    The boring one
    Last edited by lighter; 11-06-2007 at 09:07 PM.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,808 Times in 1,228 Posts

That quote you posted suggests it doesn't change...

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

yeah sorry i was trying to point out that his theory is a bust or just not well researched... sorry for the confusion.

Lighter

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    That quote you posted suggests it doesn't change...

Baseband is changed from 04.01.13_G to 04_02_13_G

Image can be found here:
    http://www.t3.co.uk/nested_content/g...result_page=17

Default 1.1.2 firmware
    hopefully the firmware upgrade will fix the bank sms issue - I can't believe this hasn't been fixed

Strange think About the T3 Photo showing the UK Iphone

It has an IMEI Number starting 01 (So its a phone designed for sale in the US not the UK, that has been flashed with the UK firmware)

All phones designed for sale in the UK should have an IMEI Number starting 35 (System allows the tracking of handset movements from country of original retail)

So it seems the pre release UK iphones are on the wrong IMEIS

Main problem with this being if try to Insure the phone amny of the companies who provide mobile phone insurance will not touch a phone with a non 35 IMEI. Interesting to see if this is resolved for the Production models

I am almost sure that the iphones that sell in the US apple stores today they have the new firmware 1.1.2 also the new baseband 04.02 this is huge problem even they are alredy developing anySIM 1.2.1u it hasnt work for me, I have no service dialog i am close to discover what the problem is i will let you know, and dont worry there is always a way around, sooner or later.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast