+ Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New U.K. iPhones come with firmware v1.1.2

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
itunes 7.5 might not let you use the option click and if you have a 1.1.2 phone and need 7.5 to even start activation then you're screwed! But thats a
    iPhone? More like MyPhone xfsasx's Avatar
    Thanks

itunes 7.5 might not let you use the option click and if you have a 1.1.2 phone and need 7.5 to even start activation then you're screwed!

But thats a worse case scenario and probably wont happen!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Why itunes shouldnt let you do that, if you are having trouble, you need to do it, so personally, i dont think this firm is going to attack us, its just a newer firmware witch can be downgraded as well as the baseband, so you dont have to worry about anything, and 1.1.2 its not in the US, so why so much notice, common!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zatche View Post
    common, it have the same baseband firmware, so whats the problem, if you dont have an iphone, simple, you downgrade it to 1.0.2. install appinstaller, then downgrade baseband and unluck, i dont know why you guys are breaking the mind.
    Okay, here's my dilemma: Someone I know is going to the united states, and i've asked them to bring me back an iPhone, however they aren't arriving there till Saturday, assuming it comes with 1.1.1 I'm comfortable with unlocking mechanisms -

but..

Assuming it comes with 1.1.2, will I be able to use the same downgrading practice for 1.1.2->1.1.1 as 1.1.1->1.0.2? And thereby unlock it, remember it's not activated or anything. And yes i know it's hard to answer this when you haven't got the firmware yourself but in theory? Would it be the same downgrade mechanism as before?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EZ2ENVY View Post
    My be true but that does not concern us as we only upgrade itunes how often?? We dont need any of the updates that 1.1.2 has unless you have a 1.1.2 phone......
    The phone came out June 29th, this will be the second major iTunes release since. So once every 2 months for iTunes and once a month ( on average ) for new iPhone firmware.
    Hmm...

jam
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i dont think there is any way to mod the new firmware 1.1.2 and there probably wont be for a few weeks so you ll have to just hold out

Thanks

Unless there are some real additions, there seems to be no reason to update to the new firmware. My question is WHY is apple doing these petty upgrades when they have so many MUCH needed improvements to make on this phone? How about REAL sms so we can receive and forward attachments without using email? Or how about a software fix for the crappy camera? Wait, how about flash support for safari? hmm..shall I go on?
    It's clear that apple could care less about what we, the consumer want from this phone.

Thanks

:-)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pmas View Post
    Unless there are some real additions, there seems to be no reason to update to the new firmware. My question is WHY is apple doing these petty upgrades when they have so many MUCH needed improvements to make on this phone? How about REAL sms so we can receive and forward attachments without using email? Or how about a software fix for the crappy camera? Wait, how about flash support for safari? hmm..shall I go on?
    It's clear that apple could care less about what we, the consumer want from this phone.
    The iPhone could stand to have some improvements but, if you've been part of the smart phone community for any period of time, you know this device beats every other smart phone straight out of the box. To complain about features / functionality is to ignore what improvements this device (Apple) has actually made to mobile computing & communication.

Sorry, I've had too many smart phones to not share this opinion.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default enable international keyboard on 1.1.1
    Quote Originally Posted by akon4657 View Post
    You guys do know that you can just change a setting on 1.1.1 to get the international keyboard
    enable international keyboard

/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/M68AP.plist
    international

change that to
    international

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,800 Times in 1,224 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mobilexile View Post
    The iPhone could stand to have some improvements but, if you've been part of the smart phone community for any period of time, you know this device beats every other smart phone straight out of the box. To complain about features / functionality is to ignore what improvements this device (Apple) has actually made to mobile computing & communication.

Sorry, I've had too many smart phones to not share this opinion.
    Ditto.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Thanks

Now if we update to iTunes 7.5 will we be able to sync with our iphone running software (1.1.1) or will it make us update in order to sync?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,800 Times in 1,224 Posts

Please stop changing the name of the thread.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Thanks

wondering... when do we think this update will be released to the us and no doubt about it that this phone kicks the hell out of any other smartphone/pda but why dont we just try to shoot an email or call someone from apple and ask simply. Do you think that its possible that in an upcoming update "meaning soon" that there will be functionalities included like copy&past, flash support, things to make it more like an open pc kinda like Woz was saying?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I think that the big question here is if 1.1.2 has an upgraded baseband, because if so, it is likely to brick all the phones unlocked with anysim. If the baseband has not been changed, then even if someone upgrades, they will quickly see that they cannot use their phones to activate or jailbreak and they will be able to downgrade back to 1.1.1 using the shift-itunes restore.
    Last edited by shawnie53; 11-04-2007 at 10:06 AM.

Thanks

How long did it take between the release of 1.1.1 and a program capable of cracking it?

By program I mean something like iNdependence - not a command line hack. Does even programs like iNdependence use the tiff exploit? Or do they have another way of gaining access to 1.1.1?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shawnie53 View Post
    I think that the big question here is if 1.1.2 has an upgraded baseband, because if so, it is likely to brick all the phones unlocked with anysim. If the baseband has not been changed, then even if someone upgrades, they will quickly see that they cannot use their phones to activate or jailbreak and they will be able to downgrade back to 1.1.1 using the shift-itunes restore.
    I don't think its a firmware upgrade, and even if it was we would not be bricked again (hopefully) I think not because 1.0.2 was not a firmware update but 1.1.1 was, so i think if the second one is changed, thats a firmware update.

Livin the iPhone Life billchase2's Avatar
    Thanks

yep, i'll be sticking with 1.1.1 for a while... no need for extra languages
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    In software developing its commonly used the version number to denote a unique release of general availability (stable software). Also, this number is commonly a three or four parts number, like 1.1.2, meaning:
    major.minor.revision(.build)

So, in the case of iPhone OS, if the first part increases we can expect awesome new functionality which represent a MAJOR change (like the UI or the OS itself).
    If the second part increases we can expect that the current functionality is extended (e.g. if you have wifi as functionality, you release a wifi music store to extend this functionality), and that known issues have been addressed.
    If the third part only is increased, you can expect bug fixes and parameters/settings changes to add stability and/or accommodate to new markets (e.g. a release in another country which need another character mapping)

Said this, this iPhone release is not a major, not even a minor, it's just a revision and if they would've changed the baseband I can assure you they would've needed more than just a revision in the OS.

--
    The boring one

19. The Following User Says Thank You to SaCH For This Useful Post:

DoerrFan (11-04-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Common, this firmware is not in the united states on tha apple stores, so why should we get worried, its just for UK

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zatche View Post
    Common, this firmware is not in the united states on tha apple stores, so why should we get worried, its just for UK
    It will probably be released in the US as well due to the TIFF exploit fix.