+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Announces International iPhone Plan

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
AT&T (NYSE: T ) on Friday launched an international plan for the iPhone, offering users who travel overseas frequently some relief from expensive roaming charges that have led to at
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,271 Times in 652 Posts

Default AT&T Announces International iPhone Plan
    AT&T (NYSE: T) on Friday launched an international plan for the iPhone, offering users who travel overseas frequently some relief from expensive roaming charges that have led to at least one lawsuit against iPhone maker Apple.

The plan gives iPhone users 50 Mbytes of data per month to browse the Web, check e-mail, and access other information in 29 countries, including Canada, China, Mexico, and areas throughout Europe and Asia. The new Data Global Plan is available for $60 a month, which is in addition to the domestic voice and data plan iPhone users buy initially to activate the phone. AT&T is the exclusive service provider for the iPhone.

The international plan cannot be bought separately, and has to be an add-on to the domestic plan. Customers who exceed the 50 Mbye maximum will pay an additional $0.005 per Kbyte in those countries covered by the plan. In other areas, subscribers will pay double the amount, or $0.010/Kbyte.

For iPhone subscribers who can get by with a smaller data plan, AT&T is offering 20 Mbytes for $25 a month. The same rate applies for exceeding the amount in designated countries. Outside those areas, the data usage rate jumps to $0.0195/Kbyte.

AT&T has a Website that lists the countries where service is available.
    Expensive roaming charges were the impetus behind a class-action lawsuit filed in New York in August. Herbert Kliegerman filed his suit in state court after he received a $2,000 bill due to data roaming charges incurred while in Mexico for a week.

The suit claims Apple misled consumers about potential roaming charges, and wants the court to order Apple to disclose codes to unlock the phone upon request.

via informationweek

My iPhone is a Part of Me mofolo's Avatar
    Thanks

Tell you what would be WAY better.

AT&T Allowing Global unlocks

myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,271 Times in 652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mofolo View Post
    Tell you what would be WAY better.

AT&T Allowing Global unlocks

+1

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    FINALLY

i ran up 300 while roaming in europe the day after i got my phone on iDay...oops

Thanks

Just after I bought my phone, I thought how cool... $20 for unlimited data. Then I got my bill after a weekend in Montreal. $400!! for data roaming, holy smokes! Fortunately AT&T was cool about it and waived the charges (one time yada yada). No more roaming for me! Guess thats where he disable roaming feature comes in.

Thanks

haha t_mobile,.....free roaming B*tches, oh and sence i work there i have unlimited everything for 10 bucks awww. a moment of glote thank you

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I ran up a $400 bill when the wifey and I went on a week cruise down to Mexico. I called up AT&T and complained. They adjusted my bill no questions asked. Now that was great customer service.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JAYMONEY510 View Post
    I ran up a $400 bill when the wifey and I went on a week cruise down to Mexico. I called up AT&T and complained. They adjusted my bill no questions asked. Now that was great customer service.
    hahaha There's a difference between doing what's right and great customer service.