Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: $199 iPhone for you. Oh, and it has GPS.

Quote Originally Posted by runCMD View Post
    I checked my account online and found I am eligible regardless of the fact I still have a year left on the existing contract ...

I selected [upgrade my equipment] and it showed an iPhone and a selection button for choosing it to upgrade from. To the right of the image the text said:
    You are lucky, I just checked my account and and clicked upgrade phone and it said this equiptment is eligible for upgrade in 10-09 ??

so if we have an iphone and would like to switch it for a 3g we cant i think apple should at least give us some store credit for it and lets us buys the new one

Quote Originally Posted by haydeniphone View Post
    ...this sounds way too good to be true so I'll have to see it to believe it...
    I don't see what is so hard to believe about this predicted pricing structure. Subsidizing phones has been done for years. You do know that cell phone companies do not subsidize or give away "free" phones out of the goodness of their hearts right? The money is in the back end (enslaving you into a service contract). AT&T makes very little if anything for the sale of the phone so to discount the iPhone to make sure you sign the dotted line rather than unlocking it, its in their best financial interest.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Bad news people, i just talked to the manager of the local AT&T store that i know personally and he said. There WILL NOT be any discount for new 2yr contract prices, the 8GB will most likely be $600 and the 16GB will be $700. Also he did tell me the release date, and it will be June 15th. So any hopes of getting the new phones cheap is all of forgotten...sorry to bare the bad news but i had to inform you all.

iPhone? More like MyPhone diggie2002's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Am I wrong??
    Not to sound like a big puss but I feel cheated but excited at the same time. I'll just give my current one to my wife and get the new 3G version. Ebay is also an option although I don't k ow how much they'll be going for. Any input? Words of consolation?

Quote Originally Posted by CobraSVT View Post
    Bad news people, i just talked to the manager of the local AT&T store that i know personally and he said. There WILL NOT be any discount for new 2yr contract prices, the 8GB will most likely be $600 and the 16GB will be $700. Also he did tell me the release date, and it will be June 15th. So any hopes of getting the new phones cheap is all of forgotten...sorry to bare the bad news but i had to inform you all.
    Sorry, but I don't believe this. Manager or not, there's no way he knows the price point or release date of the new iPhone.

Thanks

He would have no reason to lie to me. He has a iPhone himself and loves it, yet he can't even get discounts on them. He knows for a fact that there will not be a 2yr contract price. As for the release date, he might be wrong but knowing the fact of that it wont have 2yr contract prices is what was more important to me in the first place.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    trust me he does not know any more about the new iphone then you do. and he DID get a discount on his iphone. i also work for AT&T and I got a 10% discount on both my 8 gig and my 16gig. so it seems like you got lied to during the whole conversation. did he have any used cars to sell you also?

Quote Originally Posted by wra1979 View Post
    trust me he does not know any more about the new iphone then you do. and he DID get a discount on his iphone. i also work for AT&T and I got a 10% discount on both my 8 gig and my 16gig. so it seems like you got lied to during the whole conversation. did he have any used cars to sell you also?
    lol, pwned!!

Everyone knows about the subsidized price, hell i heard it on the radio the very next day. It just seems a little strange that out of everyone else in this country, this ONE ATT STORE manager seems to have different info. Somebody is lying, and it certainly aint me.

Thanks

Ill ask around more and see what i can get.

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CobraSVT View Post
    Well, judging by the info that issued from the mouths of AT&T managers and employees prior to the iPhone's launch, we can file this guy's comments under "BS."

iPhone? More like MyPhone njosnavelin's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kamy View Post
    Great, now maybe I can afford to buy a new ihpone...

Some jackass stole mine out of my lacrosse bag :S
    Well that's what you get for playin lacrosse.

On a serious note, I just sold my 8gb today for 280euro (430 dollars!). I actually feel a little guilty. I have a question though. The 8GB is currently sold out in UK so does this mean the 3G phone will be released simultaneously all over the world? (Unlike it's debut release)
    When I said that I was 'king of forwards', you got to understand that I don't come up with this stuff. I just forward it along. You wouldn't arrest a guy who was just passing drugs from one guy to another?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    this is gr8 for me. My son cracked his screen and all the repair places have the screens on back order. Now I can go 3G for $200 and give him my iPhone to replace the broken screen. Yippy!

Here's a thought, but first let me apologize if this has been mentioned already in a previous post. Apple makes money selling iPhones as well as a contract kick back from AT&T right? The iPhone pretty much sells itself, even at this price point right? What is the incentive at this point for AT&T to subsidize? They don't make a dime on the phone itself just the contract, why eat $100+ just to get the same contract? Yeah, yeah, "everybody else does it" but were talking Apple here. My guess is the next gen iPhone will be unlocked. Unlocked at regular price and available at the Apple Store or $100+ dollars cheaper with a contract from AT&T. This way Apple is free to do more. AT&T phones can be activated in-store. Just a hunch, folks but it makes sense to me.

I sold my iphone as soon as i heard this news. i got $370 out of it cause i unlocked it for a guy. sold within 10 minutes on craigslist. caint wait to get the 3g iphone this summer.

and then do the same thing in another 7-9 months I assume? I don't get people.

Thanks

Skip to Main Content

* att.com
    * Wireless Home
    * Personal
    * Business Center
    * About Us
    * My Account

AT&T Logo

* Find a Store
    * Coverage Viewer
    * Contact Us

* Logged in as: [Name Removed]
    * View Profile
    * Logout

1. Manage
    1. Account Overview
    2. Bill & Payments
    3. Voice & Data Usage
    4. Rate Plan & Features
    5. Phone/Device
    6. My Profile
    2. Shop
    1. Accessories
    3. Support
    1. Answer Center
    2. Support By Topics
    3. Forums

* Upgrade Phone
    * Report Lost/Stolen
    * Reset Voicemail PIN
    * Send a Text Message

Phone/Device

User:[Name Removed] [Number Removed]
    My Phone/Device

Apple iPhone

Device Status :
    Active

phone

Not my phone/device?

Learn More About Your Phone
    User Manual
    Apple's Site
    Forums

PUK Code - Unblock SIM Card

If your phone/device is requesting a PUK code, learn how to unblock your SIM card.
    Unblock SIM Card

Upgrade

This line is eligible for equipment discount pricing when you sign up for a 2-year service agreement. You can also take advantage of our no-commitment pricing option.

Experience the latest wireless technology with a new phone.

* Upgrade Today

Phone/Device Support

Get answers and support for your wireless questions.

* How to Use Voicemail
    * Reset Voicemail Password
    * Check Rebate Status
    * Activate Phone
    * Report Lost/Stolen Phone
    * AT&T Mobile Backup
    * Warranty Exchange

Features & Accessories

Get more from your wireless experience with the right features and accessories.

* Add/Manage Features
    * Get accessories for your phone

Quick Links

Find what you're looking for. Fast.
    Go

More Support
    Answer Center

Find answers to your wireless questions.

Apple iPhone

Send a Text Message

Send a text message to another AT&T customer's wireless phone from your PC.

Send Message
    My MEdia Net

We've made it even easier to personalize wireless Internet for your phone.

* Careers
    * Contact Us
    * Site Map
    * Other Wireless Sites
    * Privacy Policy
    * Terms of Use
    * Wireless Service Agreement
    * Cell Phone Records Security

* att.com
    * Wireless Home
    * Personal
    * Business Center
    * About Us
    * My Account

2008, AT&T Intellectual Property. All Rights Reserved.
    AT&T, AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies.

I also had a phone die on me [i.e. it took a bath and didn't wake up] and had to replace my iphone, so looks good and ready to rock out.

I don't know if this has already been suggested but, since we're all eligible for upgrade anyway, and most of us plan on sticking with the non-subsidized iPhone for quite a while, why not upgrade to some free phone, sell it on ebay and then put that money towards your NEW iPhone. Thats what I did for gen one.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345