Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: $199 iPhone for you. Oh, and it has GPS.

So what can we do with our old phones? Hopefully Apple will keep it's current customers in mind and give them some sort of discount trade in.

Good news!!! well dont matter the price im still getting it!!!
    They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be.
    They only lack the light to show the way.
    For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.

Is it just me, or shouldn't picture mail definately be something Apple should be addressing in the next Iphone? The website you have to log into to get your picture mail is horrible for a phone that at one time cost all of us in the begining $600. No?

I'm sure there are people that could really use GPS. It sounds like another reason for people to be playing with their phone instead of paying attention to driving the car.

I'm hoping that 3G will be awesome. Fact is...none of know how it will affect the iPhone.

Another fact is that none of know what battery life will be like with GPS and 3G.

I have a hunch 32gb iPhone isn't far away.

My iPhone is working fine right now.

For those reasons, I'm gonna sit back and let the noobs test the new phone until the 32gb comes out. Then I'll watch them whine about how they should have waited.

Quote Originally Posted by erix920 View Post
    So what can we do with our old phones? Hopefully Apple will keep it's current customers in mind and give them some sort of discount trade in.
    I can not for the life of me understand why anyone thinks they should get some kind of deal because they were original iphone purchasers just because a new one comes out. What is AT&T supposed to do with your old trade in? AT&T isn't a car dealership. I've never ever seen a used cell phone section at a cell phone store. They sold a product to you and you agreed to buy it. The end.

What do you do with your old phone? You sell it on ebay like everyone else.
    Hmm...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to exNavy For This Useful Post:

Kyle Matthews (04-29-2008), Napoleon_PhoneApart (04-30-2008)

if the standard rebate eligibility rules apply, if you have been with AT&T for 18 months you'll be eligible to resign for 2 years to get the rebate and of course if you're a new customer, otherwise no...

So what will this mean for non-contract buyers? About how much should an 8gb iPhone be without buying the contract? I'm trying to figure out if I should wait to buy, or get one now.

Sweet! I'm planning to purchase a 3G 16GB this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by kcisjojo View Post
    usually you have to wait 18 months before your available to get an upgrade which gives you the discount. If you haven't had your phone for 18 months then I doubt youll get any discount. You'll pay full price for the phone.

Great idea for them to do this while nobody can qualify for the upgrade discount.
    You might want to check your ATT account everyone. I far as I know me and my wife are both eligble for upgrade through ATT since the iPhones we purchased were not subsidized at all check your account and post please. Ours are open eligble and ready for the 3G...LOL

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dust Busta View Post
    This means I need to sell my 8gb BEFORE this phone comes out. Hopefully I could get more than $200 for it. I kno I won't be getting much for it after the 3g release.
    I doubt you'll get 200 for if you sold it right now, i was at an At&t store the other day and they sell refurbished 8gb for $250.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

And existing AT&T users with more than 4 months left on their contract (all current iphone users) won't qualify for the discount either....

Thats normal practice right now for AT&T customers. If you want a new phone you have to be "eligible...i.e. 4 months left on your contract. Otherwise you pay the full unsubsidized price. Didn't really come into play for existing AT&T customers when they bought the iphone because there was no discount.
    Last edited by shawn o; 04-29-2008 at 11:13 PM.

i hope this is true. true gps is a must for me.

i wonder if the iPhone plan will still be 20 bucks a month. i hope they don't raise it.
    Blah Blah and Blah

Does anyone heard about new rates, i guess 3G has a differnet price ?
    Hopefully they are not raising to much

Thanks exNavy you answered my question well too bad theres going to be a million for gen iphones on eBay

wonder how long one will need to stay a subscriber to get the rebate and if they will do it upfront or after the period.....

it seems lately that the terms "news" and "speculation" have become synonymous...
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

I absolutely do not believe this RUMOR. The Fortune writer that wrote it is a complete chump who has never been correct in his predictions. I just don't think AT&T needs to cut the price to increase sales. People are foaming at the bit for a new iPhone and would probably trade their first-born child for one. Sure they could do it, I suppose and I could see why with a subscription-based model that they could absorb that $200 over the life of the contract. But, multiply $200 times all the new iPhones, and you get a HUGE number. I'm just not sure it makes since to subsidize something when they clearly don't have to!

iPhone? More like MyPhone fletch33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Doesn't mean a thing to existing iPhone users. Why would it? Your TV goes on sale a year after you buy it, you don't go back to Best Buy to get a rebate.
    we will most likely be given the chance to renew our 2 year agreement in order to get the pricing.

thats how verizon gets ya

funny thing is that i was with verizon for 6 years and always said no more contracts if i ever leave and then the iphone comes along LOL.
    Last edited by fletch33; 04-30-2008 at 06:52 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rugbrn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rfracing View Post
    You might want to check your ATT account everyone. I far as I know me and my wife are both eligble for upgrade through ATT since the iPhones we purchased were not subsidized at all check your account and post please. Ours are open eligble and ready for the 3G...LOL

I bought my phone from an AT&T store, and I have been eligible for upgrade since day one... My account never showed a 2 year extension with the purchase, I could upgrade right now if I wanted to...

Guys, since the 1st gen iphones were not subsidized by AT&T.... you can upgrade at anytime and receive your 2yr discount on any phone as long as you restart a 2 yr agreement.
    Main Phone: 2.0 / AT&T
    Test Phone: sold

Don't forget to thank me

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast