+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple co-founder likes his iPhone unlocked!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Laptop: Is there anything you would change about the iPhone? Steve Wozniak: I think it could be more like a computer. It should be open like a computer. Anyone should
    Thanks

Default Apple co-founder likes his iPhone unlocked!

Laptop: Is there anything you would change about the iPhone?
    Steve Wozniak: I think it could be more like a computer. It should be open like a computer. Anyone should be able to develop their own games and programs on it. And keep the phone and the phone services off guard so it's protected.

L: So you're in favor of the unlocking and jailbreaking for third-party applications?
    SW: From a business point of view, Apple owns what they have done. They have a right to lock it. But I am really for the unlockers, the rebels trying to make it free. I'd really like it to be open to new applications. I'd like to install some nice games. Why in the world can I not install a ringtone that I've made? How would that hurt AT&T's network? Here is Steve Jobs sending letters to the record companies saying [they] should provide music that's unprotected, but here he is taking the opposite approach with the iPhone. I don't know to what extent AT&T is involved in the thinking and direction.

Source: http://laptopmag.com/Features/The-Wa...ings-Apple.htm

Last edited by savva; 11-01-2007 at 02:14 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yes, the ringtones business is really stupid. Anyway, nice to hear that he is sane, not like Steve.

iPhone? More like MyPhone knowtheobscure's Avatar
    Thanks

Sucks hes not in charge.
    All is... so Accept and Just Be

Thanks
    Thanked 1,717 Times in 1,170 Posts

This "war" is for the good of us all.

iPhone? More like MyPhone vampyros_wrath's Avatar
    Thanks

"The Final Battle of The Hackers" as I am calling it
    or, as Steve so lovingly calls it
    "The Ultimate Final Cat and Mouse Showdown"

But I have always preferred Woz to Jobs, anyway. (This is mostly due to Code Monkeys)

Green Apple
    Thanks

when steve launched the iphone he talked about it being the most advanced handheld to date, and when the iphone rolled out, we were restricted to web apps, and all that technology in a way went to waste....its like buying an enzo and driving it in your garage.......now i wonder what apps he has on his phone....

iPhone? More like MyPhone cockyjeremy's Avatar
    Thanks

Freeeeeee the iphooooooone, please Mr Jobs?

Livin the iPhone Life JedixJarf's Avatar
    Thanks

Go Woz!

Thanks

I read this a couple days ago, it was a very nice change of pace to hear these words from none oher than Grandpa Apple himself.

Sadly, I can't stop daydreaming at just where Apple would be if Woz was back in the house. A lot of his interview highlights my exact problems with were Apple is today compared to what it was back in Woz' day. It's that "Apple" that I'm clinging to when I think of the company's image, not the "machine" it has become.

I like to joke around with friends when they ask who Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak are, the answer is simple.

"See the guy who smiles in his pictures? Thats the one with talent. See the guy who doesn't smile? Thats Steve Jobs."

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    someone assassinate Jobs and get Woz back on!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I wonder if Jobs saw this, LOL

Green Apple
    Thanks

Red face I believe it is AT&T
    we all called apples tech support, and they refer to the iPhone as a miniature laptop, so one might wonder if is not brother AT&T causing the stink here???? After all AT&T looses money from unlocked phones, not running on there network, but than again why not just give up some rights for other providers??? On I see they believe to not make as much money, force you into a two year contract, I just hope that come may other providers open up iPhone access, I think they just mad because they loose money, for me I could care leads bug I understand one might want to have a choice in provider, apple needs to drop AT&T that's what I believe needs to happen , I believe we all are willing to pay extra charge for service , so please AT&T let apple do its job ,

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

mabe this guy should join the dev team then the iphone would truely be myphone not my/applephone

Thanks
    I think we should ALL go back to Windows based smartphones, see how Steve and AT&T like it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mofolo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wisecat74 View Post
    I think we should ALL go back to Windows based smartphones, see how Steve and AT&T like it.
    bahhahaha. No way. I'd rather die then use mobile windows.
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iphone
    r u guys aware that the appl. for the iphone to send ringtones via installer 3 its not working right i cant hear my ringtones that i send from my music can anyone help thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am sure that jobs has heard about this interview it was all over the place. I saw it on drudgereport and beleave i over heard it on CNN and FOX.

Green Apple
    Thanks

so now there is a fist fight between the 2 guy? lets all bet on wozniak...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi folks,
    just think about what steve did to the newton 10 years ago. Theres still plenty people upset about this including me. By the way my 3 newtons and my eMate r still working fine, in many ways better than the iPhone.

regards
    halenoma

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Regardless, the iPhone is still the best consumer handset, and I do consider the iphone a consumer handset rather than a smartphone. The most fustrating thing is that the platform is designed to be a smartphone, however once again a device's functionality is apparently crippled to suit the carrier. There are a few areas of improvement that I suspect is AT&T's doing, but even running 1.0.2 the iPhone is still an indispensible product, especially if it replaces several devices at once... since I got my iphone I've done away with an mp3 player, organizer, and of course replaced my cell...

There are a few snafus that I firmly believe will be worked out one way or another, too bad Apple isn't interested in collaborating with their users in the endeavor. My life is definitely better with any iphone than no iphone.
    -G