Page 9 of 60 FirstFirst ... 7891011 19 59 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: vWallpaper video wallpaper released

thanks bro.....gonna try
    let ya know

ok im on 1.1.4 but there is no skrew folder????whatcha think
    Last edited by wallacepits; 04-28-2008 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

can anyone convert the 4 Iphone Magic Tricks to fit corectly with this and with no sound ?

i put the 4 files in and it worked but it has sound and the vid is sideways

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Man i was waiting for this for a long time it will be nice if you can use it for the lockwallpaper. Can you explain how long the video must be?

Quote Originally Posted by sketchstudios View Post
    alright, was able to shrink the file size down to about 2.5MB, I dont see that much of a difference in quality so Im uploading it, hope this helps for those who are short in supply of space on their iPhones.

Download link: (updated SMB 1-1 mp4 file) [smaller]
    http://sharebee.com/23335fef
    i got it thanks to you......good stuff.

Green Apple
    Thanks

jibaro3
    Man i was waiting for this for a long time it will be nice if you can use it for the lockwallpaper. Can you explain how long the video must be?
    I think it can be as long as you want it to be although I ran into a few hiccups when I tried to upload a mp4 over 8mb. The video played just fine, but toward the end of the video it froze up and was stuck on that frame until I turned off and on the vWallpaper again. So I think it has more to do with the size of the video and not the length of it. I would recommend to try and stay under 5.5mb just to be on the safe side, but thats not a rule or anything, just a suggestion.

i appreciate the three or four people that let me know that bosstool was working for them on 1.1.4. i'll have to look into this issue more. theres a few threads here at MMI where others were having a lot of problems with bosstool on 1.1.4. i wonder what the issue is.

for those of you with installer app crashing during install, OR with ssh not completing the movie transfer (with "unknown" error or whatever) you guys have the same problem. you're out of space in your apps partition. use bosstool (1.1.4 beware?) or delete some apps with installer. hopefully future versions put movies in the media partition (like every other app does, such as mxtube, historyDL, swirlyMMS, safariDL plugin, etc. etc. etc.)

Finally got it working after bricking my phone twice. I'm on 1.1.4. I made sure ringtones, SMB and customize weren't installed. And it only worked after I toggled vwallpaper off and on.
    For the record, I think the combination of vWallpaper and customize 2.0 bricked my phone.

Cool app though!

im running customize 2.0 and it is working flawlessly. My music plays i get emails and everything seems to work great. Ohh im on 1.1.4

Now if anyone could convert the 4 iPhone Magic Trick movies to work that would be sweet.

If needed i can upload the 4 movie files ..let me know

Quote Originally Posted by Gom33 View Post
    hey Jrentzke,

I tried doing it again, but for some reason it is giving me the same response on terminal. I am doing this on the iphone itself so it might be just me, i dont know, lol. Here is a screenshot of it so you can see what I am doing or doing wrong, haha.

Thanks again brother!

lol, that's a funny one.
    just copy & paste my commands.
    you typed in 'screw' in stead of 'skrew'

You can type
    ls /Library
    and see if the folder gets listed. It's automatically created the first time you run the app.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

is there anyway to fix the camera problem yet

Default What program to use?
    Can you guys tell me what program your using to convert videos. My setting only let my convert 480 x 320. I need to convert to 320 x 480 so that is can play in landscape mode. Thnak you.

ImToo video converter is the simplest way, I think

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

By the way - just for the record - this app hasn't "bricked" anyone's phone. People use that word, bricked, with reckless abandon. If your phone is "bricked" then you can not ever use it again, because it is completely totally fried. It is, essentially, a brick. If you can restore your phone and then use it again, it was never bricked. You just hosed it by some combination of things that you did to it. Restoring it wiped away all of the things you messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gom33 View Post
    hey Jrentzke,

I tried doing it again, but for some reason it is giving me the same response on terminal. I am doing this on the iphone itself so it might be just me, i dont know, lol. Here is a screenshot of it so you can see what I am doing or doing wrong, haha.

Thanks again brother!

Jrentzke corected the mis-naming of Skrew but forgot to remove the space after it in the first command

I deleted it and got a new error:

The second and third commands work ok without error, but of course made no difference without the first working.

Could someone give us a definitive way to move this Skrew folder to the largest partition, most bricks could be avided if we did this.

BTW: I tried using winscp not terminal

Quote Originally Posted by loocfa View Post
    im pretty sure this app messed my phone up,
    it was fine before, and now, i have the frozen apple spinning thing, and virbrates when i plug it in,
    im on 1.1.4 Pwnage.
    just happend after reboot and never rebooted.
    i will try figure out what the hell is going on and keep you updated, just a warning to others.
    **UPDATE***
    tryed full restore with my Pwnage ipsw in itunes, worked, then crashed back to frozen spinner of death.
    ive try kicking it into DFU mode but it wont go, normally i can do this first go, so somethings up.
    cant restore at all,
    anybody got any ideas?

Its not vWallpaper ... why ?
    There are a "protection" who run at boot. Its check for springboard running... if it not detect springboard after 15 seconds, it remove hook and reboot itself...
    I have tested many time while developing (hook crash or forget to copy it) and its work great...

BTW, you can always uninstall hook by running
    ringtoneshook -uninstall
    and you are fixed...
    iPhone 4 / iPad 2
    http://i.danstaface.net

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes - the definitive way would be to do the exact commands that he mentioned. Don't change spelling or add or delete spaces. His commands work perfectly. If you are a Windows user, then use the Putty program to do the commands.

Oooh, nice. How fast does this drain battery, though? =/

Quote Originally Posted by kane2007uk View Post
    Jrentzke corected the mis-naming of Skrew but forgot to remove the space after it in the first command

I deleted it and got a new error:

The second and third commands work ok without error, but of course made no difference without the first working.

Could someone give us a definitive way to move this Skrew folder to the largest partition, most bricks could be avided if we did this.

BTW: I tried using winscp not terminal
    Why don't you just try to use BossTools to move your stuff. I'm on 1.1.4 and it works fine.

Also, people use the word "brick" too lightly...If you were able to restore your phone and it works then your not "bricked" If your phone turns into a big paper weight that cannot do anything at all no matter what you do then you are "bricked"
    Dirty as I wanna be!

Can someone make me an EM Wave Change from MegaMan Starforce

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Ok this is actually insane, im not sure if this is supposed to happen, i converted a rick nash hockey goal video and put it as my background with vwallpaper, and there is AUDIO?!?!?! i had no idea that was possible!

Page 9 of 60 FirstFirst ... 7891011 19 59 ... LastLast