+ Reply
Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 9 4957585960 LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1181

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: vWallpaper video wallpaper released

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
working like a charm... thanks 1hihum...
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

working like a charm...

thanks 1hihum...

Green Apple
    Thanks

question - how can i get vwallpapers to work with my themes on because i currently have a Mac OSX theme on my phone running from winterboard but my vwallpaper won't show.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,224 Times in 870 Posts

@mrguyname,you have to SSH go in your theme and erase Wallpaper.png to make vWallpaper work!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by monchy36 View Post
    @mrguyname,you have to SSH go in your theme and erase Wallpaper.png to make vWallpaper work!
    i just deleted the wallpaper file in ssh and the vwallpaper still isn't showing, in fact the wallpaper from the theme is still there

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hi everyone,
    I have bluetooth in my car, and with vwallpaper enabled, I have issues. The phone will begin to vibrate and ring, as will my phone (as it all should) but when I press my answer button, the phone continues to ring and vibrate. The phone will also continue to vibrate until I turn the phone off and reboot. What's going on? Is there a fix for this?
    Thanks,
    Mike

Green Apple
    Thanks

I am going to post the above as a separate topic. Please help if you can.
    Thanks.

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrguyname View Post
    i just deleted the wallpaper file in ssh and the vwallpaper still isn't showing, in fact the wallpaper from the theme is still there
    Did you delete the wallpaper in the theme itself? If you did, then you need to make sure you don't have something in winterboard activated like "user wallpaper" or anything similar. Basically, you want to get to the point where if you do NOT have vWallpaper activated, then your springboard is black, like a stock phone. Once you have that, you should be able to activate vWallpaper, select the video of your liking and it should show. Be sure to respring, or power cycle your phone between steps, just for good measure. Hope this helps!

Green Apple
    Thanks

OK, nobody is replying to my other thread, so I hope someone can help me out.
    I have bluetooth in my car (G35), and with vwallpaper enabled, I have issues. The phone will begin to vibrate and ring, as will my phone (as it all should) but when I press my answer button, the phone continues to ring and vibrate. The phone will also continue to vibrate until I turn the phone off and reboot. What's going on? Is there a fix for this?
    Thanks,
    Mike

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dman918 View Post
    I have bluetooth in my car (G35), and with vwallpaper enabled, I have issues. The phone will begin to vibrate and ring, as will my phone (as it all should) but when I press my answer button, the phone continues to ring and vibrate. The phone will also continue to vibrate until I turn the phone off and reboot. What's going on? Is there a fix for this?
    Thanks,
    Mike
    Have you tried emailing the creator of vWallpaper? I have no idea how to fix it, or what would cause it, so emailing the creator, is about all I can recommend. Is it only happening in the car? what about when you just have a bluetooth headset on? Or how about if you have bluetooth on, but not paired with anything. I'm guessing that there is no issue with the car, and the phone when vWallpaper is off. Try deleting vWallpaper, and reinstall it, then see if still happens. Sorry I can't be of more help, but if you do get it figured out, then post your findiings here for others to learn from. Thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

Is there a reason to even use vWallpaper anymore, since WinterBoard can do the same thing natively?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks for the response 1hihum. I am going to email the creator and see what ideas are given to me. If anything works, I'll let people know. I haven't tested with a bluetooth headset, so I may try that tonight. Good idea to try to localize the problem. Without vWallpaper, it works fine but no video tones. I tried reinstalling and that didn't help.

tsatryan: Can winterboard do video ringtones? If so, how? Otherwise, that is the reason why I use vWallpaper.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

I have no clue about video ringtones, as I really don't even understand what the need is for them. I can understand a special ringtone for certain individuals so that I can easily identify them when they call. But, when my phone rings, I want to answer it, not watch a video made specially for the caller. But, to each their own.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dman918 View Post
    Thanks,
    Mike
    I have an 06 G35 Coupe and have the same problem. I've noticed that when you hit the answer button on the phone itself as opposed to the answer button on the steering wheel the problem is solved. It's a simple fix but I too would like to see a permanent fix to this.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

So it is normal that u cannot view the vwallpaper and listen to music at the same time right?
    No link... Thanks

Thanks

So after 3.0 update the issue is that very few vids work since we need the vids TO BE 320x240, which before 3.0 could be anysize and it would autofit. Now they can not even be the same ratio- ex:640X960. THEY MUST BE 320x480. How do we resize the ones we already have and is anyone making the right sized ones now???

Thanks

As long as you installed vwallpaper correctly it should play any video's as long as they are .mov or .mp4 I believe. All mine are .mov files.

I have over 40 vwallpapers and they all work fine.

To get them on to your phone you need to SSH to......Private/var/mobile/Media/Screw/Videos

and place them there.

Here is the link on instructions on how to download and install vwallpaper CORRECTLY!!!

First public beta for OS 3.0 | iPhone Software

17. The Following User Says Thank You to mike1114 For This Useful Post:

Fsu1dolfan (07-14-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mike1114 View Post
    As long as you installed vwallpaper correctly it should play any video's as long as they are .mov or .mp4 I believe. All mine are .mov files.

I have over 40 vwallpapers and they all work fine.

To get them on to your phone you need to SSH to......Private/var/mobile/Media/Screw/Videos

and place them there.

Here is the link on instructions on how to download and install vwallpaper CORRECTLY!!!

First public beta for OS 3.0 | iPhone Software
    Trust me i have been through this enough to know how to get it installed correctly and how and where to ssh vids over....i had to manually enter safe mode twice in order to have my blank screen return to normal...most of the vids work since 320x480 is the standard size but i have noticed that some of them dont and for the most part they are a different size....have you checked what sizes your 40 vids are?? Mind sharing some
    Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi guys,

I got Cydia yesterday and downloaded a few of the video wallpapers off of vWallpaper. I really like them but there's only like 15 ones to download, is there any other apps like vWallpaper that has a wider selection of video wallpapers?

Also when I'm on my home screen and the video wallpaper is playing in the background, it stays lit up and doesn't lock. I downloaded Quicklock app but am having problems with it. Can anyone help me with these 2 things? Thanks

Thanks

Iphone will NOT lock with vwallpaper running. Nothing you can do, since the new release this is just how it is.

If you search the net you can find more videos, there is a whole thread called like Jet's video's or something, it is the vwallpaper section here on modmyi.

Knight rider video sent.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to mike1114 For This Useful Post:

andy121blue (01-22-2010)