Page 51 of 60 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1181

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: vWallpaper video wallpaper released

Quote Originally Posted by Fsu1dolfan View Post
    This makes sense and i will check both routes when i get back home....i have a question though....(slight noob question so be gentle)
    the fix to make it seem like 1.1.3 i believe was used to unlock via Ziphone and have it recoginze it was jailbroken...i think the download was "ZiPhone iBrickr Fix" (please correct me if im wrong) Can i unistall this without any problems??? Then i should be able to download the wallpapers and have them route to the proper location. I am hesitate to unistall since i dont know what it will do? Anyone with any input or can explain this to me??
    Erm, im not sure to be honest, im on 1.1.4, i used ziphone, didnt need anything else so im not sure why you've installed it in the first place?

Perhaps someone more experienced (no offense mate) can enlighten me as to what this app does or supposed to do?

I dont use iBricker either...wasnt that natetrues development and was for jailbreaking 1.1.3 firmware??
    do'h

Quote Originally Posted by jtanner View Post
    Erm, im not sure to be honest, im on 1.1.4, i used ziphone, didnt need anything else so im not sure why you've installed it in the first place?

Perhaps someone more experienced (no offense mate) can enlighten me as to what this app does or supposed to do?

I dont use iBricker either...wasnt that natetrues development and was for jailbreaking 1.1.3 firmware??
    I'm going of memory so if im incorrect someone correct me.....but i think the reason i had to use this fix is specifically for the iPhonebrowser...When you connect the phone it wouldnt recoginze the phone as being jailbroken so the fix makes it look like a jailbroken 1.1.3
    I guess i could unistall it and see what happens....worst comes to worst ill just reinstall it later

I'm going of memory so if im incorrect someone correct me.....but i think the reason i had to use this fix is specifically for the iPhonebrowser...When you connect the phone it wouldnt recoginze the phone as being jailbroken so the fix makes it look like a jailbroken 1.1.3
    I guess i could unistall it and see what happens....worst comes to worst ill just reinstall it later
    iPhoneBrowser is good, dont get me wrong, but why not install ssh & use winscp....no need for the 1.1.3 JB fix.

Uninstall it & see by all means, but i strongly recommend using winscp (or is the problem that you have no wifi??)
    do'h

This makes sense and i will check both routes when i get back home....i have a question though....(slight noob question so be gentle)
    the fix to make it seem like 1.1.3 i believe was used to unlock via Ziphone and have it recoginze it was jailbroken...i think the download was "ZiPhone iBrickr Fix" (please correct me if im wrong) Can i unistall this without any problems??? Then i should be able to download the wallpapers and have them route to the proper location. I am hesitate to unistall since i dont know what it will do? Anyone with any input or can explain this to me??
    Dont uninstall it. If you needed ziphone ibrickr fix, then if you take it out you will lose access to your file hierarchy.You can move the vpapers manually if you need them in a new location or "proper" locale. Thats up to you. Are they(the vpapers) not being read? Is that why? Well I suggest you leave ziphone ibrickr fix in place as its a sub for an erased proxy pac.

iPhoneBrowser is good, dont get me wrong, but why not install ssh & use winscp....no need for the 1.1.3 JB fix.

Uninstall it & see by all means, but i strongly recommend using winscp (or is the problem that you have no wifi??)
    I think iphonebrowser is much better for transferring files in as its way easier. Much more beneficial for speedy transfers sans the permissions. Especially if you're not around wifi.
    Last edited by makesmoves; 05-16-2008 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    None So Blind As Those Who Will Not See

I was using CuteFTP with SSH for a little while but recently i have had a problem connecting it for some reason....i will try Winscp

Quote Originally Posted by makesmoves View Post
    I think iphonebrowser is much better for transferring files in as its way easier. Much more beneficial for speedy transfers sans the permissions. Especially if you're not around wifi.
    i disagree, i think perhaps they are as good as each other though. I would use winscp (so need wifi) over iphonebrowser because i get on with it better.
    & i also use putty for quick terminal commands (or vt-100).

The ibricker fix isnt proxy pac stuff, it enables Nate True's ibricker to access the files structure correctly. As i said, the 1.1.3 JB's etc etc were to be honest a cock up!! and thusly ibricker hasnt been updated i dont think really since then, so its not been changed to work correctly with 1.1.4.

Ideally, i bricker shud be updated, instead of the phones being tricked to work.
    do'h

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jtanner For This Useful Post:

laz305 (05-17-2008)

Dont uninstall it. If you needed ziphone ibrickr fix, then if you take it out you will lose access to your file hierarchy.You can move the vpapers manually if you need them in a new location or "proper" locale. Thats up to you. Are they(the vpapers) not being read? Is that why? Well I suggest you leave ziphone ibrickr fix in place as its a sub for an erased proxy pac.
    Thanks i will leave ibrickr fix installed then but my issue is downloading these vpapers from the vpaper program....after i download it wont show up in my select vpapers. If i download a custom made one to my computer and move it to the correct folder (via ssh or iphonebrowser) then i have no problems but all the vapapers that come with the program wont work for me....not a huge issue but i would like to use them too.

Thanks i will leave ibrickr fix installed then but my issue is downloading these vpapers from the vpaper program....after i download it wont show up in my select vpapers. If i download a custom made one to my computer and move it to the correct folder (via ssh or iphonebrowser) then i have no problems but all the vapapers that come with the program wont work for me....not a huge issue but i would like to use them too.
    what if you manually create a /private/var/mobile/Media/Skrew/Videos/ and then try downloading.

Failing that, try this:

goto /System/Library/Lockdown/

rename Services.plist to Services.bak,
    then rename Services.plist.backup to Services.plist

and reboot & retry downloading videos.

But be careful!! without SSH to recover if nething goes wrong you may do more damaage than good.

Ive just looked at what the ibricker fix does....

Its simple, it uses an exploit and changes the Services.plist to allow you computer to mount the iphone as a hard drive. iPhoneBrowser requires this type of access in order to work

it adds to & modifies the plist (well in theory it just renames then replaces with the one in zip file, but these are the changes...)

com.apple.afc2

AllowUnactivatedService

Label
    com.apple.afc2
    ProgramArguments

/usr/libexec/afcd
    --lockdown
    -d
    /

So maybe this fix isnt to blame after all. Do you have ANY thing else that is 1.1.3 related?

Also....ideally , you would have to do it with ssh over wifi (winscp) and be aware that on reboot, you will no longer have access via iphonebrowser unless you winscp back into you phone and then name Services.plist to Services.plist.backup, and also Services.bak to Services.plist
    Last edited by jtanner; 05-16-2008 at 09:49 AM.
    do'h

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jtanner For This Useful Post:

Fsu1dolfan (05-16-2008)

what if you manually create a /private/var/mobile/Media/Skrew/Videos/ and then try downloading.

Failing that, try this:

goto /System/Library/Lockdown/

rename Services.plist to Services.bak,
    then rename Services.plist.backup to Services.plist

and reboot & retry downloading videos.

But be careful!! without SSH to recover if nething goes wrong you may do more damaage than good.

Ive just looked at what the ibricker fix does....

Its simple, it uses an exploit and changes the Services.plist to allow you computer to mount the iphone as a hard drive. iPhoneBrowser requires this type of access in order to work

it adds to & modifies the plist (well in theory it just renames then replaces with the one in zip file, but these are the changes...)

com.apple.afc2

AllowUnactivatedService

Label
    com.apple.afc2
    ProgramArguments

/usr/libexec/afcd
    --lockdown
    -d
    /

So maybe this fix isnt to blame after all. Do you have ANY thing else that is 1.1.3 related?

Also....ideally , you would have to do it with ssh over wifi (winscp) and be aware that on reboot, you will no longer have access via iphonebrowser unless you winscp back into you phone and then name Services.plist to Services.plist.backup, and also Services.bak to Services.plist

Thanks for the suggestions....i gotta wait until i leave work to play with some of this stuff....ill let you know if it works or if i run into any problems.

Thanks again!

hey guys wright now all working great thanks to your help some packages take up to 10 min to down load but so fan jtanner fireplace and black are fine and gta4 kicks a** tried mario hump .installed in a couple seconds and ran fine working on new city lights .I think a big problem was I was downloading and walking away from my phone if I dont let it go to lock screen all seems to download fine thanks again Ill let you know if any problem oh and keep the coming to repos thanks----****EDIT OK DAMN I STOPED PAYING ATTENTION AND MY SCREEN WENT BACK TO LOCK AND THEN THE PACKAGE FAILED . I THINK YOU JUST HAVE TO WATCH IT FOR 10 MIN STRAIGHT TO GET IT TO GO THROUGH
    Last edited by HOPPERSAN; 05-16-2008 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HOPPERSAN View Post
    hey guys wright now all working great thanks to your help some packages take up to 10 min to down load but so fan jtanner fireplace and black are fine and gta4 kicks a** tried mario hump .installed in a couple seconds and ran fine working on new city lights .I think a big problem was I was downloading and walking away from my phone if I dont let it go to lock screen all seems to download fine thanks again Ill let you know if any problem oh and keep the coming to repos thanks
    Im not sure how the auto-lock works... if your downloading something, i would hope it woudl "stay alive" but obv if it doesnt, and the it goes to lock, the wifi or edge gets cut off hence buggering up the download.

Set your auto-lock to never if your busy for a few hours d/l stuff
    do'h

****EDIT OK DAMN I STOPED PAYING ATTENTION AND MY SCREEN WENT BACK TO LOCK AND THEN THE PACKAGE FAILED . I THINK YOU JUST HAVE TO WATCH IT FOR 10 MIN STRAIGHT TO GET IT TO GO THROUGH
    Turn off auto-lock lol

Also, are you running skrewcommon 1.2? few (& i mean just a few) ppl have reported the the auto-lock "fix" in this version actually just forces the lock.

Try it with autolock off first then report back
    do'h

1/2 hour later still downloading but making progress I am on edge right now so thats hopefully the reason for long download times-edit 45 min and new city light is mine looks like auto lock was the issue ..thanks all
    Last edited by HOPPERSAN; 05-16-2008 at 12:17 PM.

1/2 hour later still downloading but making progress I am on edge right now so thats hopefully the reason for long download times-edit 45 min and new city light is mine looks like auto lock was the issue ..thanks all
    28MB file takes 2 hrs on EDGE, was at work and wanted to try it... you have to hope you don't get a phone call in the middle = starting over from the beginning!

takes 20min on wifi... for me anyway... just a friendly note and there is a new vWP up on the repo

vWP flyingtoasters from touchit

And thats why I am trying to add these to my repo... everyone is on something different and so it helps those that don't know the file system or want to bother with it...
    I use iphonebrowser though and have never had a problem with it!
    Last edited by hookerpuncher; 05-16-2008 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Default me too
    Quote Originally Posted by imbuggin View Post
    THE SKEWCOMMON 1.2 messed up my vwallpaper from working!! It was working perfect until the update. Anyone else?
    the update did the same thing to me. was working but not anymore
    "...tomorrow could be the best day of your life..."

iPhone 4S 64GB iOS5 JB
    iPhone 4 32GB iOS5 JB & Unlocked
    The New iPad 64GB JB
    15" MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz i7 Unibody
    24" Apple Display

Quote Originally Posted by nxovkin View Post
    the update did the same thing to me. was working but not anymore

add the www.iphonerepostore.com/repo.xml repo and then install the skrew common 1.0 file...

It will say that you need to update to 1.2 but just leave it... worked for me!

Quote Originally Posted by hookerpuncher View Post
    add the www.iphonerepostore.com/repo.xml repo and then install the skrew common 1.0 file...

It will say that you need to update to 1.2 but just leave it... worked for me!
    I can stop it from buggin about an update i think, i intentionally left it unmodified incase there should ever be an update beyond 1.2. i f i modify it you woudnt know and would have to manually check.

Its up to you guys, you want me to change it??
    do'h

skrew common 1.0 is also in community sources. the last time I saw it there was 2 days ago(thursday)....More MakesMoves VPapers coming soon.......
    None So Blind As Those Who Will Not See

skrew common 1.0 is also in community sources. the last time I saw it there was 2 days ago(thursday)....More MakesMoves VPapers coming soon.......
    This is true, i believe BigBoss got permission to put it on his Repo (who is now a part of the community sources)
    do'h

Page 51 of 60 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast