+ Reply
Page 50 of 60 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1181

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: vWallpaper video wallpaper released

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Hey guy trying hpbeer now and jtanner I got the black one to work but not fireplace ok hpbeer has been stuck for a couple minutes now still waiting but
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Hey guy trying hpbeer now and jtanner I got the black one to work but not fireplace

ok hpbeer has been stuck for a couple minutes now still waiting but usually that means it wont go through .Jtanner I have tried clearing the que before and re downloading but I have not closed installer in between the reinstall Ill try that as soon a hpbeer frees installer and thanks again
    Last edited by HOPPERSAN; 05-15-2008 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone hookerpuncher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HOPPERSAN View Post
    Hey guy trying hpbeer now and jtanner I got the black one to work but not fireplace

ok hpbeer has been stuck for a couple minutes now still waiting but usually that means it wont go through .Jtanner I have tried clearing the que before and re downloading but I have not closed installer in between the reinstall Ill try that as soon a hpbeer frees installer and thanks again
    ok, just back out of installer... jtan is going to work with me on the problem... he already knows what it is...

Thanks for bearing with me all, I am still figuring out the .xml side of things and jtanner has helped out a lot!

Thanks

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hookerpuncher For This Useful Post:

HOPPERSAN (05-15-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

no problem where would we be without you guys ... and please keep adding stuff to the repos for us idiots who dont want to go ssh crazy also please note and i dont know if it makes a differance but when I updated to skrewcommon 1.2 it tells me to update to 1.0 the update will not go away dont know if its replated
    Last edited by HOPPERSAN; 05-15-2008 at 01:34 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HOPPERSAN For This Useful Post:

hookerpuncher (05-15-2008)

Thanks

no problem where would we be without you guys ... and please keep adding stuff to the repos for us idiots who dont want to go ssh crazy also please note and i dont know if it makes a differance but when I updated to skrewcommon 1.2 it tells me to update to 1.0 the update will not go away dont know if its replated
    i have the same thing too....after i added jtanner's repo

Thanks

you know... I have used iPhone Browser with no problems... thats what I was using before I added the repo scene... haha I said scene!

I also have my other repo... myrepospace.com/user?i=41
    I am not updating that one anymore but there are a couple of good ones on there!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to hookerpuncher For This Useful Post:

HOPPERSAN (05-15-2008)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

re: 1.2 updates of skrew common, i left the files & installer ID the same as skrew to guarantee it would work...hence, his new version WILL register as an update. no biggy, if you dont like the badge over installer, just use summerboard, and respring...the red badge over installer will hide untill you run installer again.

Also, try fireplace again, those that i have asked to check for me have all said it works fine mate.

Right, just gonna help out hookerpunch now!
    do'h

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jtanner For This Useful Post:

HOPPERSAN (05-15-2008)

Thanks

ALL IS WELL IN REPO LAND! They are all up and running great now... DL to your hearts content!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to hookerpuncher For This Useful Post:

HOPPERSAN (05-15-2008)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hookerpuncher View Post
    ALL IS WELL IN REPO LAND! They are all up and running great now... DL to your hearts content!
    Glad i could help!

@tsatryan: i did think that myself lol - gotta be something to do with the displays, see what it looks like on a computer - it looked much "lighter" on my laptop lol

Ill work on it 2moro been up for 18 hours now & rrreeeaaalllyyy need to sleep - its been a long ol' week lol
    do'h

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jtanner For This Useful Post:

HOPPERSAN (05-15-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

great guys I ll give it a shot asap ...get some rest you all deserve it!! Ill be on tomorrow with up dates

hey had a couple more minutes so wanted you to now that fireplace downloaded fine --gta4 I received package download failed cant connect to host and it seems to take a while to get to the error I ll keep trying to night and let you know
    Last edited by HOPPERSAN; 05-15-2008 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

just DL both just fine, try deleting hcck3d repo and the adding it back again... Just
    like this:
    http://www.iphonerepostore.com/hcck3d/hcck3d.xml
    The "www" seems to make a diffrence!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

anyone know why the wallpapers only show when you are NOT playing music? and shows after you put it on hold once?

Thanks

Because it is acting like your media player, only in the background. So, you can't watch a movie on your iPhone and then choose to listen to music at the same time! haha
    Would be awesome though!
    Remember that this is still beta and there are some glitches still... jtanner usually helps out with those questions...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

With there being 67 pages to read through, I just figured I'd take the lazy route and ask a quickie. Mine works perfect. It seems to even have a set 1 minute autolock. The only thing thats weirding me out is that it loops with a glitch. Everytime it loops again, theres a tiny fraction of a second where it glitches before it plays it again. I just wanted to make sure if this is normal for everyone else.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbo1t View Post
    With there being 67 pages to read through, I just figured I'd take the lazy route and ask a quickie. Mine works perfect. It seems to even have a set 1 minute autolock. The only thing thats weirding me out is that it loops with a glitch. Everytime it loops again, theres a tiny fraction of a second where it glitches before it plays it again. I just wanted to make sure if this is normal for everyone else.
    Yep! what version are you using? earlier versions glitched with a black "flash" for about 1 second, the latest version doesnt glitch black, but more like, on looping it cuts of the first frame...this is normal

Quote Originally Posted by dt42o View Post
    anyone know why the wallpapers only show when you are NOT playing music? and shows after you put it on hold once?
    As hookerpunch said, the video is playing effectivly using the "media player"...it can only be used in 1 instance as far as i know right now. so sound being played would stop the video.

afaik the iPhone only has 1 "media player", if you use it to play the music then the video will stop because the sound output device needs to use the output instead of vwallpaper.

hope that makes sense....only just got to work & its 2 early for technical stuff lol
    Last edited by jtanner; 05-16-2008 at 12:16 AM.
    do'h

21. The Following User Says Thank You to jtanner For This Useful Post:

Silverbo1t (05-16-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jtanner View Post
    Yep! what version are you using? earlier versions glitched with a black "flash" for about 1 second, the latest version doesnt glitch black, but more like, on looping it cuts of the first frame...this is normal
    I'm on vWallpaper 0.8 and SkrewCommon 1.2

Yeah, its skipps a little, and sometimes, it glitches black. I hope future updates will fix that little issue. And also the same with the autolock. When my vWallpaper is in a good mood, it has a 1 minute autolock. Kinda weird, since I have my iPhone set for 5 minutes and 4 minutes till it dims.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

SkrewCommon 1.2
    Depending on your phone & what apps you have, alot of ppl found vwallpaper works better with skrewcommon 1.0 (me included!!!)

i think skrew is working hard to fix the bugs...not heard from him recently...altho he was working with intelliscreen to help solve some conflicting issues i think
    do'h

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Depending on your phone & what apps you have, alot of ppl found vwallpaper works better with skrewcommon 1.0 (me included!!!)

i think skrew is working hard to fix the bugs...not heard from him recently...altho he was working with intelliscreen to help solve some conflicting issues i think

What differences are there from vWallpaper when having Skrewcommon 1.0 and 1.2? If I do decide to go to 1.0, how would I do that?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

What differences are there from vWallpaper when having Skrewcommon 1.0 and 1.2? If I do decide to go to 1.0, how would I do that?
    The difference to vWallpaper itself are minimal & unnoticable, 1.0 will NOT work with iToday - if your using iToday then you have to use 1.2

1.2 was a released attempt at fixing the auto-lock bug in 1.0 because it stopped auto-lock working, but apparently for those with autolock off 1.2 forced it to auto lock anyway so not a true fix...it should still be treated as a beta application because of its bugs. sounds like yours is behaving normal (by that i mean the bugs are known & expected)

I cant tell you much more about 1.2 because i cant install it on mine as it freezes my phone for some reason (similar for many people)

If you wanted to go down to 1.0, uninstall vwallpaper & skrewcommon 1.2, add my repo, then install skrewcommon 1.0 from my repo, then install vwallpaper 0.8 from skrew. After that, installer will tell you there is an update from 1.0 to 1.2, but DONT update otherwise your back to where you started lol
    do'h

Thanks

new vWP's up on my repo...
    www iphonerepostore com/hcck3d/hcck3d.xml

Thanks

i think your problem is half half with skrew....what i mean is, he has coded his for 1.1.4, not 1.1.4 pretending to be 1.1.3. The file system layouts of 1.1.3 (when natetrue etc released) messed up.

i fear your videos may not be downloading correctly.

If they are playing from /private/var/root/media/skrew/videos and NOT /private/var/mobile/media/skrew/videos then that is where you problem lies... the pretending its 1.1.3 & some hard codeings within vwallpaper.

lol not sure if thats best way to explain it lol... ill be home from work in half hour or so...ill get back to you
    This makes sense and i will check both routes when i get back home....i have a question though....(slight noob question so be gentle)
    the fix to make it seem like 1.1.3 i believe was used to unlock via Ziphone and have it recoginze it was jailbroken...i think the download was "ZiPhone iBrickr Fix" (please correct me if im wrong) Can i unistall this without any problems??? Then i should be able to download the wallpapers and have them route to the proper location. I am hesitate to unistall since i dont know what it will do? Anyone with any input or can explain this to me??