+ Reply
Page 49 of 60 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 59 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 980 of 1181

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: vWallpaper video wallpaper released

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
added: League of Clutch - Beer Pong MakesMoves - GTA4 MakesMoves - Street Fighter 4 Hope you enjoy and let me know if you have requests.... Will be editing MakesMoves
...
  1. #961
    iPhone? More like MyPhone hookerpuncher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    232
    Thanks
    107
    Thanked 29 Times in 25 Posts

    added:
    League of Clutch - Beer Pong
    MakesMoves - GTA4
    MakesMoves - Street Fighter 4

    Hope you enjoy and let me know if you have requests.... Will be editing MakesMoves MJ for size and uploading later

  2. #962
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    393
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 62 Times in 54 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by makesmoves View Post
    138mb! Damn!! i think thats why hookerpunch is cutting it down slightly!

    good work tho, glad to see you going more full screen with latest releases
    do'h

  3. #963
    My iPhone is a Part of Me iBlade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    815
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 367 Times in 217 Posts

    If only the aspect ratio would be right, but still good vwallpapers. Keep up the good work.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

  4. #964
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    393
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 62 Times in 54 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iBlade View Post
    If only the aspect ratio would be right, but still good vwallpapers. Keep up the good work.
    that would be hard because of the different formats, eg tv is for example 720 x 404 or 720 x 576 etc etc, they will always be wider than they are tall... bummer lol
    do'h

  5. #965
    My iPhone is a Part of Me iBlade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    815
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 367 Times in 217 Posts

    I use ImToo iPhone video converter, and there you can select pan and scan when encoding and if 320x480 resolution is selected I get full screen vids. Of course the source video file has to have at least 480 pixel height. The side get cut away anyway so width is not that important.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

  6. #966
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    393
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 62 Times in 54 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iBlade View Post
    I use ImToo iPhone video converter, and there you can select pan and scan when encoding and if 320x480 resolution is selected I get full screen vids. Of course the source video file has to have at least 480 pixel height. The side get cut away anyway so width is not that important.
    Yes that is true, altho not always the best way to do things. Because the ration is so different you may lose more than you'd like. i think in the case of vwallpapers, the method completely depends on the video. I reckon if makesmoves had done streetfighter with pan & scan it would not have looked at good
    do'h

  7. #967
    My iPhone is a Part of Me iBlade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    815
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 367 Times in 217 Posts

    Yes, you are right also, you do loose alot of the video file. I would say you end up with only one third of the video, both sides are getting cut of.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

  8. #968
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    393
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 62 Times in 54 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iBlade View Post
    Yes, you are right also, you do loose alot of the video file. I would say you end up with only one third of the video, both sides are getting cut of.
    exaca-tree defo depends on the vid - if all the action is in the middle then its great lol
    do'h

  9. #969
    Green Apple Fsu1dolfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    87
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    jTanner -

    I went through iphonebrowser and was unable to find where the files are downloading.
    I was able to use downloaded files that you guys have posted and pasted into the correct location and view those wallpapers. Just annoying that i still cant figure out how to use the files that come with the program.

    Does anyone happen to have those files on hand that i could just download and maunally move over via iphonebrowser....specifically the "light" one??

  10. #970
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    393
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 62 Times in 54 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Fsu1dolfan View Post
    I went through iphonebrowser and was unable to find where the files are downloading.
    I was able to use downloaded files that you guys have posted and pasted into the correct location and view those wallpapers. Just annoying that i still cant figure out how to use the files that come with the program.

    Does anyone happen to have those files on hand that i could just download and maunally move over via iphonebrowser....specifically the "light" one??
    "light" > by who?

    Also, check path

    /private/var/root/Media/Skrew/Videos

    tell me if anything is there?

    Also, 2 new vwallpapers uploaded...check out my repo (in my sig)

    Last edited by jtanner; 05-15-2008 at 10:10 AM.
    do'h

  11. #971
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    384
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked 42 Times in 34 Posts

    I have a request: There's a scene in the new Dark Knight where Batman is standing over rubble with his cape flapping in the wind. Love to see a loop of that.

    I might just end up doing it myself if I have time.

  12. #972
    Mao
    Mao is offline
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    jtanner I just added your repo source.
    dude I like your vwallpapers -to me "seamless loop" is the key, especially for mandatory loop play! afterall I'd just use ipod if I want to watch a movie... but then that Jessica Alba Sin City dancing clip is another story... LOL

  13. #973
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    94
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    So i try to download from hookers repo and get the main script error on the new vwallpapers or can not connect to host is there a problem with the repo or is it my phone ..running 114 on ziphone all the older wallpapers are working fine ,I dont ssh is there a fix that anyone knows about I installed the install 3.1 crash fix still nothing

  14. #974
    iPhone? More like MyPhone hookerpuncher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    232
    Thanks
    107
    Thanked 29 Times in 25 Posts

    Hoppersan:
    I will look into those for you... sorry about the inconvenience!

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to hookerpuncher For This Useful Post:

    HOPPERSAN (05-15-2008)

  16. #975
    My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cumberland, Maryland
    Posts
    876
    Thanks
    200
    Thanked 395 Times in 146 Posts

    @jtanner - I agree, your vWallpapers are great - seamless. One request - your Black wallpaper is just what I was looking for... except it is perhaps a bit too black! It's barely discernable from just a plain black wallpaper. If it had more contrast, some gray perhaps, etc. Just so that it is still subtle, but now quite THAT subtle!

  17. #976
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    94
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Thanks Hookerpunch I do appreciate it and now that I am a member I can actually type thanks to all involved. it might be something with my phone because I tried Jtanners and they failed also
    Last edited by HOPPERSAN; 05-15-2008 at 12:44 PM.

  18. #977
    iPhone? More like MyPhone hookerpuncher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    232
    Thanks
    107
    Thanked 29 Times in 25 Posts

    Default still trying
    Quote Originally Posted by HOPPERSAN View Post
    Thanks Hookerpunch I do appreciate it and now that I am a member I can actually type thanks to all involved. it might be something with my phone because I tried Jtanners and they failed also
    Still working on it, HPBEER works for me, can you try that one out?

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to hookerpuncher For This Useful Post:

    HOPPERSAN (05-15-2008)

  20. #978
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    393
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 62 Times in 54 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by HOPPERSAN View Post
    Thanks Hookerpunch I do appreciate it and now that I am a member I can actually type thanks to all involved. it might be something with my phone because I tried Jtanners and they failed also
    Hoppersan, which of mine did you try? i have many confirmations of them all working 100%?

    Try this....1stly, click on the items you've tried, when the "install" option comes up, does it say "Clear Queue" ?? if so, do this if its not in the queue then cancel and try another file.

    After that, close installer, and re-launch it. make sure on its relaunch you are taken straight to the "Featured" page (it'll happen as normal)

    Im helping hookerpunch now, bare with me
    Last edited by jtanner; 05-15-2008 at 12:56 PM.
    do'h

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to jtanner For This Useful Post:

    HOPPERSAN (05-15-2008)

  22. #979
    Green Apple Fsu1dolfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    87
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jtanner View Post
    "light" > by who?

    Also, check path

    /private/var/root/Media/Skrew/Videos

    tell me if anything is there?
    "Light" is one of the stock ones you can download from Vwallpaper program under settings - download video - file name = eternity75_light.mp4

    There are a bunch you can download ie. fireworks, lasershow wave etc.
    but when i finish downloading it doesnt appears in the "Select Video"

    I have checked in the /private/var/root/media/skrew/videos and they arent there. Although when i download your vids and use ibrowserphone to put them in that location they copy over and work with no problem.

    Hope that makes sense....im going to try your repo and see if that works as well....

    Thanks

  23. #980
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    393
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 62 Times in 54 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Fsu1dolfan View Post
    "Light" is one of the stock ones you can download from Vwallpaper program under settings - download video - file name = eternity75_light.mp4

    There are a bunch you can download ie. fireworks, lasershow wave etc.
    but when i finish downloading it doesnt appears in the "Select Video"

    I have checked in the /private/var/root/media/skrew/videos and they arent there. Although when i download your vids and use ibrowserphone to put them in that location they copy over and work with no problem.
    Thanks

    i think your problem is half half with skrew....what i mean is, he has coded his for 1.1.4, not 1.1.4 pretending to be 1.1.3. The file system layouts of 1.1.3 (when natetrue etc released) messed up.

    i fear your videos may not be downloading correctly.

    If they are playing from /private/var/root/media/skrew/videos and NOT /private/var/mobile/media/skrew/videos then that is where you problem lies... the pretending its 1.1.3 & some hard codeings within vwallpaper.

    lol not sure if thats best way to explain it lol... ill be home from work in half hour or so...ill get back to you
    do'h

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to jtanner For This Useful Post:

    HOPPERSAN (05-15-2008)

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts