+ Reply
Page 41 of 60 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 51 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: vWallpaper video wallpaper released

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
The problem is that, as others have said, this is a beta app. And, everyone who has jailbroken their iPhone has added their own variety of applications, each of which
    My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

The problem is that, as others have said, this is a beta app. And, everyone who has jailbroken their iPhone has added their own variety of applications, each of which may or may not do different things to the sum total of what is going on in their iPhone.

The issue is NOT vWallpaper! Anyone with any issues - the problem is with how vWallpaper interacts with other apps that you have installed. To blame vWallpaper, and make outlandish accusatory statements serves no purpose at all.

Certain application dig deeper into the iPhone structure than others, and some try to add and/or modify the same files. It is these conflicts that create the problem.

Before anyone goes uninstalling Summerboard, be VERY aware of a potential problem you may cause. There is a limit of approximately 80 applications that you can install on your iphone before it will crash. Summerboard fixes this problem. So - if you have more than 80 apps, and you make a decision to uninstall Summerboard, be prepared to see you iPhone not boot. And, if that happens, you don't have to restore - just be able to SSH into the iPhone and delete apps until you are under the magic 80 limit.

Summerboard can cause some problems. So can Caterpillar. So can Customize. And, when you add vWallpaper into that mix, which is tweeking certain fundamental layers in the iPhone, you may have some issues.

So - this is not a flame. But it is a plea for folks - particularly those with only one post - to stop making accusations that serve no purpose or function. If anyone has problems, post what the problem is. Skrew has demonstrated over and over that he wants feedback and assistance to make the app better. The guy has updated this brand new app how many times in just the first week since he released the beta? That's what this community should be about.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tsatryan For This Useful Post:

hookerpuncher (05-05-2008), Mao (05-05-2008), redeyez69 (05-05-2008), wallacepits (05-05-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I agree with most of what you just said, however your previous post was rude and not needed.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey guys, i installed Skrewcommon 1.0 and when i try to install vwall .8 it says i need to install skrewcommon, which i clearly did, and restarted phone etc..

Anyone know how i can fix this?

iPhone? More like MyPhone hookerpuncher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jtanner View Post
    I must point out ... this app is in testing / beta ... it has never been said it was the final version, as with every app out there, the risk is your to take if you wanna try it! dont ***** about it when it doesnt work for you. for the 10 or so ppl with problems there are 100 ppl working 100% with no probs. this is a wicked app and in the last 3 or 4 days, my "blue" vwallpaper has been downloaded 144 times!!
    Code:
    iphonerepostore.com/repo.xml
    so its working for alot of ppl!!!
    haha

my source has been hit 500 times since last week, which hosts 35 vWP's and I have only heard 2 negative comments, I agree with you jtanner.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by damagecase13 View Post
    hey guys, i installed Skrewcommon 1.0 and when i try to install vwall .8 it says i need to install skrewcommon, which i clearly did, and restarted phone etc..

Anyone know how i can fix this?
    Try the beta common.

Betarepo.danstaface.net

Thanks

no don't use beta repo ! the version on beta repo can block your iphone! its only for advanced user who know how to use ssh for letting rebooting without restoring!
    iPhone 4 / iPad 2
    http://i.danstaface.net

Thanks

Sorry my bad. New installer woot!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Salt View Post
    dang!!! It wont let me! It says DL skrewcommon first, then when I try to DL Skrewcommon, It tells me to DL Skrewcommon first. WTF?
    that's because vWallpaper is still in your queue so it's trying to install that since you downloaded it first. just try again and hit "clear queue" when the prompt comes up. then download screwcommon and then vWallpaper and you should be all good.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Retell View Post
    I agree with most of what you just said, however your previous post was rude and not needed.
    While I will say thank you for saying that you agree with most of what I just said, I will take exception to your comment that my previous post was rude and not needed. My post was not rude - it was blunt and to the point. It was not rude, because it was stating a truth.

What IS rude is when an individual who has never once before helped in any development of any app, and has never once participated in any conversation in any thread, and has never once offered any kind of helpful comments toward the furthering of an application, makes a condescending remark about an application written by someone who has openly and clearly stated the application is a beta app, and has gone out of his way to improve the application - all at NO cost to anyone.

Frankly, it's a wonder that Screw even bothers to attempt to work on this application at all. Fortunately there are many people here who have found this particular application to be very worthwhile, and truly appreciate the work of the author, and are willing to continue to use it, and provide useful feedback.

Sorry for again being so blunt.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tsatryan For This Useful Post:

wallacepits (05-05-2008)

Thanks

when the official release?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I started with version 0.3 and have updated all the way up to 0.8. It works great for me. I do notice some delay when coming out of lock but that really has been my only problem after most of the other glitches were fixed. Skrew don't stop developing this app. I think it is one of the best in a long time. If I had greater technical skill I would gladly help with beta testing. Keep up the good work.

Does anyone else think MMI should have a download index for all the vwallpapers?????

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i cant get this to play a video on my ipod, i know it works because ive seen some videos of it working any help please
    Last edited by dark_cloud; 05-05-2008 at 05:59 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone kainisable's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rgonzal10 View Post

Does anyone else think MMI should have a download index for all the vwallpapers?????
    it already has one lol

Like What i Said?, Hit The Thanks Button!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kainisable View Post
    it already has one lol
    yea sorry didn't see it. thx!

Thanks

Awwwhhh Man, I really want this to work?? I am on 1.1.2 unlocked and jailbroken, and I also have Caterpillar, oh! wait, it's called Kate now?? Anyways, does anyone know what I must do to make it work? I have read tons of the posts, but, not sure if I'm missing something

It looks like a super cool app, and thanks to the creator, and to all the people getting all crazy about it not working....Geesh! How about a thanks to him instead??

Even if it doesn't work on ours right now, cuz of Kate, or SMBS, etc.. hey it works for others, so that's cool! So thanks again, and if ya think I am missing something to make it work on my phone PLEEEEEEEEEASE tell me, LOL
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok heres a request how about a video of Michael Joardan dunking or his last shot

Thanks

It has always been a touchy app for me. The best thing for me to do was just wipe it all out and redo. Also why are you still on 112?

Quote Originally Posted by ucim2cute View Post
    Awwwhhh Man, I really want this to work?? I am on 1.1.2 unlocked and jailbroken, and I also have Caterpillar, oh! wait, it's called Kate now?? Anyways, does anyone know what I must do to make it work? I have read tons of the posts, but, not sure if I'm missing something

It looks like a super cool app, and thanks to the creator, and to all the people getting all crazy about it not working....Geesh! How about a thanks to him instead??

Even if it doesn't work on ours right now, cuz of Kate, or SMBS, etc.. hey it works for others, so that's cool! So thanks again, and if ya think I am missing something to make it work on my phone PLEEEEEEEEEASE tell me, LOL

My iPhone is a Part of Me iBlade's Avatar
    Thanks

Does it even work with 1.1.2? I have it on my 1.1.3 and it works great but on my 1.1.1 it does not. You know you could just upgrade to 1.1.3 and with this opportunity get a fresh install. And maybe even get rid of the app's you don't use any more. I also have Kate :-) and like the night mode feature alot. And you are right, so many people just complaining about vWallpaper and not enough thanking Skrew.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Retell View Post
    It has always been a touchy app for me. The best thing for me to do was just wipe it all out and redo. Also why are you still on 112?
    I dunno, I guess I'm just afraid if I try to upgrade, I will mess something up, and then I won't be able to fix it on my own?? Plus, I've always had help to upgrade and such, not sure if I can do it by myself

Oh! iblade, what is the night mode feature anyways?? Is that on Kate?
    Last edited by ucim2cute; 05-06-2008 at 01:31 AM.
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

My iPhone is a Part of Me iBlade's Avatar
    Thanks

I dunno, I guess I'm just afraid if I try to upgrade, I will mess something up, and then I won't be able to fix it on my own?? Plus, I've always had help to upgrade and such, not sure if I can do it by myself

Oh! iblade, what is the night mode feature anyways?? Is that on Kate?
    Yes it is, if you go to the privacy setting you find the night mode setting. There you can enable it and set a start and end time, and during that time the sound and vibrating for incoming calls and sms will be muted.
    BTW you can upgrade yourself it is really easy. I just had to do it again and used ziphone 3.0 it even installs BSD subsystem installer and open ssh for you.
    Here is also more info about Kate: http://www.ripdev.com/kate/version-history
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.