+ Reply
Page 4 of 60 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 54 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: vWallpaper video wallpaper released

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by MalayZN won't this just kill the battery? I notice a little but not that much of a difference... if your jailbroken, aren't you always plugged in anyway?
    iPhone? More like MyPhone hookerpuncher's Avatar
    Thanks

Default I have had vWP running with bluetooth
    Quote Originally Posted by MalayZN View Post
    won't this just kill the battery?
    I notice a little but not that much of a difference... if your jailbroken, aren't you always plugged in anyway?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It also doesn't allow playback of videos in ipod mode while Vwallpaper is on. Hope these are fixed soon as this is an awesom app.

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sketchstudios View Post
    for starters:

1) Ive always used cyberduck to ftp into my iPhone and upload/download stuff. Whenever I try to upload anything into this folder where the videos are stored for the vWallpaper app, it never completes the file all the way thru. It says file upload failed, and it gives no error number at all. I can login and logout of the iPhone just fine, but when it comes to uploading stuff thats when it gets iffy.

note: I am uploading videos (mp4) into the vWallpaper gallery that are no larger than 2 or 2.5MB. anyone else having this problem or maybe know what is causing this?
    LOL, I think you will usually find you SSH into your iPhone, not FTP...
    Also, I don't think that its the program's fault, it will be something to do with your phone.

Well I have found some problems.
    1. When the Video Background is activated I can't play videos... I tap a video and it says "Video Cannot Be Played" but if it is off then they work perfectly...

2. I tried to turn my phone off afterwards, and it just reset the spring board...
    I hold in the power button and slide the power off slider but the springboard just resets...

3. On the odd occasion when the springboard resets the icons don't load, but the background and the status bar. I can get them to load if i double tap the home button to go to the iPod then just click the home button and the icons are there.

Just some things I have found...

Quote Originally Posted by zedeff View Post
    It also doesn't allow playback of videos in ipod mode while Vwallpaper is on. Hope these are fixed soon as this is an awesom app.
    Haha, got in just before me...
    Last edited by MattMac; 04-28-2008 at 03:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

cool video effect, shame about all the problems, like slow shutters for camera, videos cant be played and any sound is played through even when ipods' running

Okay now all we need is video icons. LOL
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mofolo's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey

I added NEMS 6 vWallpaper Pack to MyRepoSpace.com - To all our members - you can add your own packs too.

Add Admins Source to download: http://myrepospace.com/user?i=1
    "vWallpaper Pack"

Enjoy.
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by popmanbx View Post
    what package is the REVEAL theme under?
    http://www.customizeapp.com/browser/Reveal/preview

Quote Originally Posted by LaZARuZ View Post
    By any chance you have customize.? if you do make sure you pick default in summerboard themes..
    I never selected default theme and it works fine for me using customize and the reveal theme.

In Caterpillar - I have SpringBoard Wallpaper off
    In SMBPrefs - I have Wallpaper off
    In Customize 2.0 (Under SMB) - I have Wallpaper off

Toggled off and on in vWallpaper - Works Great!
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

iPhone? More like MyPhone b3nny's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sketchstudios View Post
    this app is totally awesome, I love it. I do have a concern or two that Im working on that others might want to chime in on if they experience it as well.

note: Im on 1.1.4 (non-catapiller)

for starters:

1) Ive always used cyberduck to ftp into my iPhone and upload/download stuff. Whenever I try to upload anything into this folder where the videos are stored for the vWallpaper app, it never completes the file all the way thru. It says file upload failed, and it gives no error number at all. I can login and logout of the iPhone just fine, but when it comes to uploading stuff thats when it gets iffy.

note: I am uploading videos (mp4) into the vWallpaper gallery that are no larger than 2 or 2.5MB. anyone else having this problem or maybe know what is causing this?

I KNOW WHAT YOUR PROBLEM IS!! the problem is that you are out of space in your apps partition. normally people would fix this problem with bosstool, but it doesn't work with 1.1.4 which is why i've had this problem as well. bosstool will, however, tell you how much space is left on that partition (something installer.app STILL doesn't do). so go ahead and install it and check out your freespace (BUT DO NOT ATTEMPT TO MOVE YOUR APPLICATIONS TO THE MEDIA PARTITION, its not supported in 1.1.4 yet and some people have had bad stuff happen from trying). i garuntee it'll say you have less space than the size of the movie you're trying move over with cyberduck. i uninstalled a bunch of apps i don't use, and deleted all the other vwallpaper movies in order to make room, and then cyberduck let me make the transfer.

anyone know how to move apps to media partition on 1.1.4???

and for everyone else:
    heres a movie i made up pretty quick for vwallpaper. its an edit of the nine inch nails music video for "down in it". its only the very abstract parts all cut together (and then darkened a little bit and then resized for iphone aspect ratio). its a lot more pixelated than i would like, but i just threw it together really quick, and its under a 1MB and looks pretty cool (especially with a mostly transparent dock, cuz the video kind of draws a dock with the way its framed and such). if you enjoy it, please click my little thanks button.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZZ8JNRDM

so hopefully with updates to fix the ipod video, and ipod music, and camera problems, they ALSO move the movie directory to the media partition. *IF* all that happens, this will be a really sweet app.
    Last edited by b3nny; 04-28-2008 at 05:49 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hey, I have a request if anyone wants to do it... Can somebody make like a blue line going around the icons? Like neon blue... (I have 3 rows on mine)

And what program is best to use for converting AND resizing videos?
    iPwn.

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

i like it we need a request vid wallpaper thread now haha
     Think Different

Thanks

added my docks to the wave background and a color changing leopard background.both for my leopard theme.

i will make more later. any ideas for the leopard theme just let me know. it need smoother animation i know.

stereos wallpaper.rar - 3.37MB
    Last edited by stereo313; 04-28-2008 at 06:16 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to stereo313 For This Useful Post:

spurlock (04-28-2008)

wPz
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Great app
    more videos to come?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    ok. got round the problem of the wallpapers not going across. Used bosstool to move fonts and ringtones and now have plenty of space to use...

but

when ive copied some wallpapers across I can see them in the correct folder (in cyberduck/winscp) but they are not appearing on the list within the app. I am still showing just fire and water.

any ideas??????

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Nice App!!

I hope there is a Fix for the Ipod-Mode to play Videos in the next Version! Thats the thing i dont use it now!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can somebody help me I cant find this vwallpaper in the installer.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i cant even download the damn thing from installer i keep getting an error...package download failure...anyone else have this problem? can anyone suggest any ideas on how to fix this? ive already booted phone and relaunched installer and nothing......

edit: can someone please post the app on here so i can atleast do a manual install....or can someone point me out where to get it on the net?
    Last edited by nadiasortiz; 04-28-2008 at 07:11 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andym View Post
    ok. got round the problem of the wallpapers not going across. Used bosstool to move fonts and ringtones and now have plenty of space to use...

but

when ive copied some wallpapers across I can see them in the correct folder (in cyberduck/winscp) but they are not appearing on the list within the app. I am still showing just fire and water.

any ideas??????
    same problem!!!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Xaber For This Useful Post:

swpelchat (04-28-2008)

Thanks

same problem i can ssh them to the right folder but they dont show up when i opne up the app on the phone. only fire and water showing up. hope you guys can help with this slight problem cause i want that matrix wallpaper.
    16gb iPhone4 black

If I helped you in anyway please hit thank you.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    hey, how did you get the calendar thingy in the lock screen

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wil32 View Post
    hey, how did you get the calendar thingy in the lock screen
    an app called caterpillar...u have to pay for it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Grat App
    Can anyone tell me what to use to make my on with the proper screen size thanks