+ Reply
Page 10 of 60 FirstFirst ... 89101112 20 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 1181

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: vWallpaper video wallpaper released

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
can any one help ive loaded this ap and did what everyone has said to get it to work clenaed up space and turnded off the wall paper still no
...
  1. #181
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    can any one help ive loaded this ap and did what everyone has said to get it to work clenaed up space and turnded off the wall paper still no go im on 1.1.1 any idea

  2. #182
    My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cumberland, Maryland
    Posts
    876
    Thanks
    200
    Thanked 394 Times in 146 Posts

    here's an idea - upgrade to 1.1.4, and then do what the instructions say to do.

    For the life of me, I can't understand why ANYone would still stay on such an old release.

  3. #183
    iPhone? More like MyPhone hookerpuncher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    232
    Thanks
    107
    Thanked 29 Times in 25 Posts

    Default haha
    Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    here's an idea - upgrade to 1.1.4, and then do what the instructions say to do.

    For the life of me, I can't understand why ANYone would still stay on such an old release.
    I agree!

  4. #184
    What's Jailbreak? kane2007uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtybird1977 View Post
    Why don't you just try to use BossTools to move your stuff. I'm on 1.1.4 and it works fine.

    Also, people use the word "brick" too lightly...If you were able to restore your phone and it works then your not "bricked" If your phone turns into a big paper weight that cannot do anything at all no matter what you do then you are "bricked"

    Because I used bosstool right after I jailbroke and always use it before I install anything, you tell me how I can get bosstool to go through my folders a second time and move any newly installed apps and i'd be happy

  5. #185
    Green Apple joseruinyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    68
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 19 Times in 6 Posts

    these are the best videos ive seen so far. hit the thanks if you like..
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by joseruinyc; 04-28-2008 at 03:26 PM.

  6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to joseruinyc For This Useful Post:

    atlking (04-28-2008), Calendula (04-30-2008), coachballfirm (04-28-2008), dardonardo (04-29-2008), gorob (02-18-2010), Hondamaker (04-28-2008), hookerpuncher (04-29-2008), JQ25 (04-30-2008), kainisable (04-28-2008), ModJoe (04-29-2008), unlockme (04-28-2008)

  7. #186
    Green Apple joseruinyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    68
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 19 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by joseruinyc View Post
    these are the best videos ive seen so far.
    made them myself

  8. #187
    My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cumberland, Maryland
    Posts
    876
    Thanks
    200
    Thanked 394 Times in 146 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by kane2007uk View Post
    Because I used bosstool right after I jailbroke and always use it before I install anything, you tell me how I can get bosstool to go through my folders a second time and move any newly installed apps and i'd be happy
    Here's how -
    1. Restore your iPhone as a new phone to 1.1.4
    2. Use ziphone 3.0, and jailbreak your phone
    3. install BossTools, and use it to move fonts, ringtones, and apps
    4. install whatever programs you like

    And doing that is, to quote the ziphone site, so easy a cave man could do it. And, it can't take but maybe 15-20 minutes, including re-installing your apps.

  9. #188
    What's Jailbreak? kane2007uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    Yes - the definitive way would be to do the exact commands that he mentioned. Don't change spelling or add or delete spaces. His commands work perfectly. If you are a Windows user, then use the Putty program to do the commands.

    Putty gives me this error, all permissions are set to 0755


    cp -R /Library/Skrew /private/var
    cp: /private/var/Skrew: Permission denied

    is there any command for Putty to solve this?

  10. #189
    iPhone? More like MyPhone hookerpuncher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    232
    Thanks
    107
    Thanked 29 Times in 25 Posts

    First, thank you i.danstaface.net for creating this! Thank you to SKREW, NEM, sketchstudios and all others for uploading the video...

    I .zip'ed all the ones I have taken from this post already and uploaded them so everyone can have a healthy dose to get you started...

    http://www.badongo.com/file/9097615

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hookerpuncher For This Useful Post:

    cughin (04-28-2008), jwaschbisch (04-28-2008), ripped53 (04-28-2008)

  12. #190
    What's Jailbreak? kane2007uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    Here's how -
    1. Restore your iPhone as a new phone to 1.1.4
    2. Use ziphone 3.0, and jailbreak your phone
    3. install BossTools, and use it to move fonts, ringtones, and apps
    4. install whatever programs you like

    And doing that is, to quote the ziphone site, so easy a cave man could do it. And, it can't take but maybe 15-20 minutes, including re-installing your apps.
    If you read my post I said that is exactly what I always do on a fresh jailbreak, it's the first thing I do, and most stuff move to the large partition, vWallpaper hasn't. I'd rather now manually move it across to the large partition than restore and have to re-download and install hundreds of themes/apps and games

  13. #191
    My iPhone is a Part of Me dirtybird1977's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    512
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 119 Times in 79 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by kane2007uk View Post
    Because I used bosstool right after I jailbroke and always use it before I install anything, you tell me how I can get bosstool to go through my folders a second time and move any newly installed apps and i'd be happy
    Just do a restore to 1.1.4 and then Jailbreak again...jailbreaking nowadays is soo f-ing easy it should only take you like 30 minutes including getting all your apps again. I used iLiberty+ and it was as simple as clicking 1 button and viola less then 10 minutes and your jailbroke and activated. Then run BossTools again and your off and rolling with no problem adding videos for vWallpaper.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

  14. #192
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    316
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 23 Times in 20 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jrentzke View Post
    lol, that's a funny one.
    just copy & paste my commands.
    you typed in 'screw' in stead of 'skrew'

    You can type
    ls /Library
    and see if the folder gets listed. It's automatically created the first time you run the app.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... my bad!!!
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Gom33 For This Useful Post:

    PlatoTheForms (04-28-2008)

  16. #193
    My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cumberland, Maryland
    Posts
    876
    Thanks
    200
    Thanked 394 Times in 146 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by kane2007uk View Post
    If you read my post I said that is exactly what I always do on a fresh jailbreak, it's the first thing I do, and most stuff move to the large partition, vWallpaper hasn't. I'd rather now manually move it across to the large partition than restore and have to re-download and install hundreds of themes/apps and games
    You know, I DID read your post. Not too difficult, since you only have 4 posts to date. And, the fact is, once you have used BossTool, you don't have to run anything again. It creates a simlink so that anything that you install in the future goes to the new location. And, as for creating a similar simlink in which to install the videowallpapers, there has already been directions in this thread saying how to do that.

    Quote Originally Posted by joseruinyc View Post
    these are the best videos ive seen so far. hit the thanks if you like..
    Although the videos are nice, all three are laid out horizontally, rather than vertically, as is needed to fill the iPhone home screen.
    Last edited by tsatryan; 04-28-2008 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  17. #194
    What's Jailbreak? kane2007uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtybird1977 View Post
    Just do a restore to 1.1.4 and then Jailbreak again...jailbreaking nowadays is soo f-ing easy it should only take you like 30 minutes including getting all your apps again. I used iLiberty+ and it was as simple as clicking 1 button and viola less then 10 minutes and your jailbroke and activated. Then run BossTools again and your off and rolling with no problem adding videos for vWallpaper.
    Thanks for your advice mate, but i've used ziphone since it went to a full gui for windows, I know it's fast to jaiblreak and unlock again, but in my experience it takes hours to re install all the sources I currently have, and remember the smb themes I had, and now there are hundreds of customise 2.0 themes and components i'd have to re download...and the 30+ games and 30+ apps to get again, another good hour to re synch my albums and viods, being on Vista an all lol

    I'll keep trying to use putty to move the Skrew folder manually, i'm no newbie to having to start from a re-locked and restored iphone, i've done it so many times, but not just to be able to have more vwallpapers on, i'll only do it when the phone goes tits up and I have no choice to do it lol

  18. #195
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    63
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 17 Times in 8 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MOEPLO View Post
    LOL SAME THING I THOUGHT TILL I TRIED TAKING A PIC
    worked and am taking pictures perfectly.

  19. #196
    What's Jailbreak? kane2007uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    You know, I DID read your post. Not too difficult, since you only have 4 posts to date. And, the fact is, once you have used BossTool, you don't have to run anything again. It creates a simlink so that anything that you install in the future goes to the new location. And, as for creating a similar simlink in which to install the videowallpapers, there has already been directions in this thread saying how to do that.

    Yeah but not all apps move to the large partition, the very odd one or two go to default, like CubeWorld, and TTR, now vWallpaper, everything else i install goes to the large partition, and you should also see I am using those directions from earlier in the thread, but getting a sodding permissions denied on the first command, only option I haven't tested yet is running boss prefs to fix permissions.
    Last edited by kane2007uk; 04-28-2008 at 03:55 PM.

  20. #197
    My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cumberland, Maryland
    Posts
    876
    Thanks
    200
    Thanked 394 Times in 146 Posts

    You know, I'm wondering - you mentioned how many themes, etc, that you have downloaded - I am thinking that maybe you are just running out of room. How may themes, etc, can you possibly need? Why not just rip them off your phone and store them elsewhere, and then move them back if/when you want to use them?

  21. #198
    What's Jailbreak? kane2007uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    3gb space on large partition and 130mb on the small one, and any new themes I install does not reduce the size of the small partition...so it's not a problem, just any new vids I install for vwallpaper, that is the only thing I need moving to the large partition, otherwise i'll simply use up about 30mb of vids and make sure I keep at least 100mb on the small partition, that is if I can't get the folder moved with Putty

  22. #199
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by kane2007uk View Post
    3gb space on large partition and 130mb on the small one, and any new themes I install does not reduce the size of the small partition...so it's not a problem, just any new vids I install for vwallpaper, that is the only thing I need moving to the large partition, otherwise i'll simply use up about 30mb of vids and make sure I keep at least 100mb on the small partition, that is if I can't get the folder moved with Putty
    ONE WORD FOR YOU iLIBERTY-----IT WILL DO DO IT FOR YOU AUTOMATICALLY!!!

  23. #200
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    how do u use like a music video or ur own vids as these? please help

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts