+ Reply
Page 10 of 60 FirstFirst ... 89101112 20 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: vWallpaper video wallpaper released

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
can any one help ive loaded this ap and did what everyone has said to get it to work clenaed up space and turnded off the wall paper still no
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

can any one help ive loaded this ap and did what everyone has said to get it to work clenaed up space and turnded off the wall paper still no go im on 1.1.1 any idea

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

here's an idea - upgrade to 1.1.4, and then do what the instructions say to do.

For the life of me, I can't understand why ANYone would still stay on such an old release.

iPhone? More like MyPhone hookerpuncher's Avatar
    Thanks

Default haha
    Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    here's an idea - upgrade to 1.1.4, and then do what the instructions say to do.

For the life of me, I can't understand why ANYone would still stay on such an old release.
    I agree!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybird1977 View Post
    Why don't you just try to use BossTools to move your stuff. I'm on 1.1.4 and it works fine.

Also, people use the word "brick" too lightly...If you were able to restore your phone and it works then your not "bricked" If your phone turns into a big paper weight that cannot do anything at all no matter what you do then you are "bricked"

Because I used bosstool right after I jailbroke and always use it before I install anything, you tell me how I can get bosstool to go through my folders a second time and move any newly installed apps and i'd be happy

Thanks

these are the best videos ive seen so far. hit the thanks if you like..
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by joseruinyc; 04-28-2008 at 03:26 PM.

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to joseruinyc For This Useful Post:

atlking (04-28-2008), Calendula (04-30-2008), coachballfirm (04-28-2008), dardonardo (04-29-2008), gorob (02-18-2010), Hondamaker (04-28-2008), hookerpuncher (04-29-2008), JQ25 (04-30-2008), kainisable (04-28-2008), ModJoe (04-29-2008), unlockme (04-28-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joseruinyc View Post
    these are the best videos ive seen so far.
    made them myself

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kane2007uk View Post
    Because I used bosstool right after I jailbroke and always use it before I install anything, you tell me how I can get bosstool to go through my folders a second time and move any newly installed apps and i'd be happy
    Here's how -
    1. Restore your iPhone as a new phone to 1.1.4
    2. Use ziphone 3.0, and jailbreak your phone
    3. install BossTools, and use it to move fonts, ringtones, and apps
    4. install whatever programs you like

And doing that is, to quote the ziphone site, so easy a cave man could do it. And, it can't take but maybe 15-20 minutes, including re-installing your apps.

Thanks

Yes - the definitive way would be to do the exact commands that he mentioned. Don't change spelling or add or delete spaces. His commands work perfectly. If you are a Windows user, then use the Putty program to do the commands.

Putty gives me this error, all permissions are set to 0755

cp -R /Library/Skrew /private/var
    cp: /private/var/Skrew: Permission denied

is there any command for Putty to solve this?

iPhone? More like MyPhone hookerpuncher's Avatar
    Thanks

First, thank you i.danstaface.net for creating this! Thank you to SKREW, NEM, sketchstudios and all others for uploading the video...

I .zip'ed all the ones I have taken from this post already and uploaded them so everyone can have a healthy dose to get you started...

http://www.badongo.com/file/9097615

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hookerpuncher For This Useful Post:

cughin (04-28-2008), jwaschbisch (04-28-2008), ripped53 (04-28-2008)

Thanks

Here's how -
    1. Restore your iPhone as a new phone to 1.1.4
    2. Use ziphone 3.0, and jailbreak your phone
    3. install BossTools, and use it to move fonts, ringtones, and apps
    4. install whatever programs you like

And doing that is, to quote the ziphone site, so easy a cave man could do it. And, it can't take but maybe 15-20 minutes, including re-installing your apps.
    If you read my post I said that is exactly what I always do on a fresh jailbreak, it's the first thing I do, and most stuff move to the large partition, vWallpaper hasn't. I'd rather now manually move it across to the large partition than restore and have to re-download and install hundreds of themes/apps and games

My iPhone is a Part of Me dirtybird1977's Avatar
    Thanks

Just do a restore to 1.1.4 and then Jailbreak again...jailbreaking nowadays is soo f-ing easy it should only take you like 30 minutes including getting all your apps again. I used iLiberty+ and it was as simple as clicking 1 button and viola less then 10 minutes and your jailbroke and activated. Then run BossTools again and your off and rolling with no problem adding videos for vWallpaper.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jrentzke View Post
    lol, that's a funny one.
    just copy & paste my commands.
    you typed in 'screw' in stead of 'skrew'

You can type
    ls /Library
    and see if the folder gets listed. It's automatically created the first time you run the app.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... my bad!!!
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Gom33 For This Useful Post:

PlatoTheForms (04-28-2008)

Thanks

If you read my post I said that is exactly what I always do on a fresh jailbreak, it's the first thing I do, and most stuff move to the large partition, vWallpaper hasn't. I'd rather now manually move it across to the large partition than restore and have to re-download and install hundreds of themes/apps and games
    You know, I DID read your post. Not too difficult, since you only have 4 posts to date. And, the fact is, once you have used BossTool, you don't have to run anything again. It creates a simlink so that anything that you install in the future goes to the new location. And, as for creating a similar simlink in which to install the videowallpapers, there has already been directions in this thread saying how to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by joseruinyc View Post
    these are the best videos ive seen so far. hit the thanks if you like..
    Although the videos are nice, all three are laid out horizontally, rather than vertically, as is needed to fill the iPhone home screen.
    Last edited by tsatryan; 04-28-2008 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybird1977 View Post
    Just do a restore to 1.1.4 and then Jailbreak again...jailbreaking nowadays is soo f-ing easy it should only take you like 30 minutes including getting all your apps again. I used iLiberty+ and it was as simple as clicking 1 button and viola less then 10 minutes and your jailbroke and activated. Then run BossTools again and your off and rolling with no problem adding videos for vWallpaper.
    Thanks for your advice mate, but i've used ziphone since it went to a full gui for windows, I know it's fast to jaiblreak and unlock again, but in my experience it takes hours to re install all the sources I currently have, and remember the smb themes I had, and now there are hundreds of customise 2.0 themes and components i'd have to re download...and the 30+ games and 30+ apps to get again, another good hour to re synch my albums and viods, being on Vista an all lol

I'll keep trying to use putty to move the Skrew folder manually, i'm no newbie to having to start from a re-locked and restored iphone, i've done it so many times, but not just to be able to have more vwallpapers on, i'll only do it when the phone goes tits up and I have no choice to do it lol

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MOEPLO View Post
    LOL SAME THING I THOUGHT TILL I TRIED TAKING A PIC
    worked and am taking pictures perfectly.

Thanks

You know, I DID read your post. Not too difficult, since you only have 4 posts to date. And, the fact is, once you have used BossTool, you don't have to run anything again. It creates a simlink so that anything that you install in the future goes to the new location. And, as for creating a similar simlink in which to install the videowallpapers, there has already been directions in this thread saying how to do that.

Yeah but not all apps move to the large partition, the very odd one or two go to default, like CubeWorld, and TTR, now vWallpaper, everything else i install goes to the large partition, and you should also see I am using those directions from earlier in the thread, but getting a sodding permissions denied on the first command, only option I haven't tested yet is running boss prefs to fix permissions.
    Last edited by kane2007uk; 04-28-2008 at 03:55 PM.

Thanks

You know, I'm wondering - you mentioned how many themes, etc, that you have downloaded - I am thinking that maybe you are just running out of room. How may themes, etc, can you possibly need? Why not just rip them off your phone and store them elsewhere, and then move them back if/when you want to use them?

Thanks

3gb space on large partition and 130mb on the small one, and any new themes I install does not reduce the size of the small partition...so it's not a problem, just any new vids I install for vwallpaper, that is the only thing I need moving to the large partition, otherwise i'll simply use up about 30mb of vids and make sure I keep at least 100mb on the small partition, that is if I can't get the folder moved with Putty

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

3gb space on large partition and 130mb on the small one, and any new themes I install does not reduce the size of the small partition...so it's not a problem, just any new vids I install for vwallpaper, that is the only thing I need moving to the large partition, otherwise i'll simply use up about 30mb of vids and make sure I keep at least 100mb on the small partition, that is if I can't get the folder moved with Putty
    ONE WORD FOR YOU iLIBERTY-----IT WILL DO DO IT FOR YOU AUTOMATICALLY!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

how do u use like a music video or ur own vids as these? please help