Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Watch your DVR from your iPhone - MythTV for iPhone

Default Watch your DVR from your iPhone - MythTV for iPhone
    This is a great new project being worked on by Chris Carey. He created a front-end for MythTV to allow you to view recorded MythTV content on your iphone! Of course you must have MythTV and its only shown to work on what appears to be a wifi'd home network.

For those of you who don't know:

MythTV for iPhone allows you to watch your TV shows recorded on your MythTV DVR on your iPhone - wirelessly.

The software combines the work of many great programmers into one application. It allows you to browse your recorded shows, and look at show details. You can stream any recorded show to the iPhone wirelessly. It allows you to control your other (PC based) MythFrontend with a web-based remote control.
    http://chriscarey.com/projects/mythtv/iphone/
    ARTHURSDOMAIN
    ModMyI.com Apps Reviewer

Retired ModMyi.com Moderator

Follow me on twitter: twitter.com/laynem

Reviewed Apps:
    Oregon Trail, Who Has The Biggest Brain, Lock Puzzle, Tweetie

Want an app reviewed? PM me with the app name

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

This I gotta try!

so does this mean you need to pay or buy myth tv???

so the stream to the iphone is faster than regular television huh

def gonna try this

iPhone? More like MyPhone jasonm253's Avatar
    Thanks

what does mythtv show? like what channels and stuff?

Thanks

!!!!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DoerrFan For This Useful Post:

Kaas (04-28-2008)

Woah that was crazy. I open modmyi and my name is on the home page...except it has nothing to do with me.

I have been waiting for something like this, but I wish that the whole mythWeb interface could be optimized for the iphone so i could start recordings remotely without having to zoom around the mythWeb regular site.

awesome finally tv shows on my phone without having to download them, convert them sync to iPhone n then watch..

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Pretty cool wish I had a DVR

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wait, hasn't this already been done with EyeTV?? Right now I record shows on my Macbook Pro using EyeTV and an Elgato EyeTV Hybrid. After the show is recorded, it converts the show to an iPhone acceptable format and then is made available for my viewing on my iPhone. I even set it up so I can view the shows over the internet, even when im not home. SO basically, I am using my Macbook Pro as a DVR and am viewing the shows over the internet...

So hasn't this been done already?
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -E. Burke

Check out TVersity.com

http://tversity.blogspot.com/2007/07...and-so-is.html

great interface for the iphone
    audio, pictures, and video (itunes compatible) can play from your computer.
    Last edited by gutridge; 04-24-2008 at 08:30 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Looks like a great app. I'll have to try when my new 16gb iphone gets here.
    BTW, im selling my old one... (bottom of the touchscreen no longer works)

iPhone? More like MyPhone njosnavelin's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper44 View Post
    Woah that was crazy. I open modmyi and my name is on the home page...except it has nothing to do with me.
    Your name is DVR?? Dude that **** is crunk seriously
    When I said that I was 'king of forwards', you got to understand that I don't come up with this stuff. I just forward it along. You wouldn't arrest a guy who was just passing drugs from one guy to another?

Quote Originally Posted by itzadeelio3 View Post
    so does this mean you need to pay or buy myth tv???
    mythtv is open source dvr application, which you can run on any linux box.

http://mythtv.org/index.php

free and good looking just need a video card that accepts coax or however you get cable tv.
    ARTHURSDOMAIN
    ModMyI.com Apps Reviewer

Reviewed Apps:

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hey this is my app so I thought I'd chime in on a few things you guys brought up.

I'm working on the following features:

More support that mythWeb has (searching for shows to record, etc)

Optionally transcode on-the-fly (if your CPU is powerful enough). No pre-transcoding shows to iphone format.

MythTV remote control support (search youtube for mythtv remote control). I need to talk to the author of that software to see if I can include it.

The TV streaming really is only usable on WiFi (not edge). but it is not restricted to your home network! I watch my home TV shows from work, from school, from the coffeehouse, from anywhere that has a WiFi connection. When the new 3G phones come out, it will be possible to watch your home TV over the 3G network.

--chris
    Last edited by sublimespot; 04-24-2008 at 03:29 PM.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sublimespot For This Useful Post:

Cody Overcash (04-24-2008), sogo (04-24-2008)

TO sublimespot OR ANYONE THAT CAN ANSWER

I am a medium experienced user for the iphone. I own a commercial DVR as well as a Slingbox. I have Windows Vista.

I have a unlocked iphone with 1.1.3

Anyways,, like in the video,, I to want to stream my DVR,,,tv,,,video to my Iphone.

So After looking at the MythTV DVR to Iphone video,,, I was left with more questions then answers.

(1) How do I get this for my iphone, if I know nothing about programing for linux and/or mythTV?

(2) Is there a site I can goto to buy a ready-to-go mythTV gadget to then watch TV on my iphone?

(3) How does a Joe Q public person go from seeing your video,,,wanting to have this TV viewing on their iphone,,,,then getting the stuff they need to get this to work, along with the How to do this for dummies instructions?

(4) Will any of this MythTV DVR TV stuff work for Windows XP or Vista Users?

Referenced video below:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-l6tMWlzYY"]YouTube - MythTV for iPhone 2[/ame]
    Last edited by iphoneuser2008; 04-24-2008 at 08:09 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by iphoneuser2008 View Post
    TO sublimespot OR ANYONE THAT CAN ANSWER

I am a medium experienced user for the iphone. I own a commercial DVR as well as a Slingbox. I have Windows Vista.

I have a unlocked iphone with 1.1.3

Anyways,, like in the video,, I to want to stream my DVR,,,tv,,,video to my Iphone.

So After looking at the MythTV DVR to Iphone video,,, I was left with more questions then answers.

(1) How do I get this for my iphone, if I know nothing about programing for linux and/or mythTV?

(2) Is there a site I can goto to buy a ready-to-go mythTV gadget to then watch TV on my iphone?

(3) How does a Joe Q public person go from seeing your video,,,wanting to have this TV viewing on their iphone,,,,then getting the stuff they need to get this to work, along with the How to do this for dummies instructions?

(4) Will any of this MythTV DVR TV stuff work for Windows XP or Vista Users?

Referenced video below:

YouTube - MythTV for iPhone 2
    (1) getting it to your phone is easy, you just go to a website/ip

(2) yes there are some around (http://www.mythpvr.com/mythtv/fronte...low-power.html) but it would probably be better to build your own

(3) well as far as this particular app is concerned, you would go to his website and he has some tutorials and stuff, as for mythtv there are a good number of installation tutorials on the web.

(4) no, besides the content it produces (aka, the television or movie content you record could be played on a windows machine, mythtv however is not a window program).
    ARTHURSDOMAIN
    ModMyI.com Apps Reviewer

Reviewed Apps:

is there a program similar to mythtv that is for windows?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast