+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile is the German iPhone Carrier

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Deutsche Telekom AG, which won the exclusive rights to distribute Apple Inc.'s iPhone in Germany, will sell two-year contracts starting at 1,575 euros ($2,270) including the price of the handset.
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,273 Times in 652 Posts

Default T-Mobile is the German iPhone Carrier
    Deutsche Telekom AG, which won the exclusive rights to distribute Apple Inc.'s iPhone in Germany, will sell two-year contracts starting at 1,575 euros ($2,270) including the price of the handset.

Deutsche Telekom's T-Mobile unit will offer three packages, for 49 euros, 69 euros and 89 euros a month, the Bonn-based company said in an e-mailed statement today. In the U.K., Telefonica SA's O2 unit will sell 18-month contracts starting at 35 pounds (50 euros) a month.

Apple Chief Executive Officer Steve Jobs is tapping Germany, Europe's biggest wireless market, to help meet a forecast of selling 10 million iPhones worldwide in 2008. T-Mobile, the largest mobile-phone company in Germany, had 34 million customers at the end of June. It's counting on the partnership with Cupertino, California-based Apple to bolster customer spending in its home market.

T-Mobile said on Sept. 19 it will begin selling the 8- gigabyte combination phone and iPod digital music player in Germany on Nov. 9 for 399 euros including tax. Customers must take out contracts for at least 24 months, T-Mobile spokesman Alexander von Schmettow said in a phone interview today.

Customers can use the iPhone to surf the Web using T- Mobile's network of 8,000 WiFi access points, T-Mobile said. Data download speeds will reach as much as 11 megabits a second.

T-Mobile's lowest-priced contract includes 100 minutes of calling time 40 text messages. That compares with 200 minutes of calls and 200 messages under O2's cheapest package.

T-Mobile offers Web access to iPhone customers using the so-called Edge technology, which allows download speeds of as much as 220 kilobits a second. T-Mobile will limit that speed to 200 megabits of data for subscribers of the 49-euro package. The speed for additional downloads will drop to 64 kilobits a second afterwards, spokesman Von Schmettow said. The data limits for the more expensive packages are one gigabit and five gigabits, respectively.

via bloomberg

iPhone? More like MyPhone wannagotopopeyes's Avatar
    Thanks

so, just looking for thoughts or opinions, but does anyone think it could be a possibility to get a german iPhone and change the language for tmo customers in the US? Im not sure if its possible or not but I know a TON of people who would pay to be able to!

(Even tho you could just unlock an american iPhone, i guess some people still want to)
    i LOVE apple.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I love my American T-Mobile because the internet is EDGE unlimited all the time and free with employee blackberry plan.

PWN3D.

Official MMI Troll with an Attitude Digitol's Avatar
    Thanks

Can You See Me Now?

Green Apple
    Thanks

that's expensive!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ellicit View Post
    that's expensive!
    Not really, what that translate into is what it would cost US. To them, depending on income, that could be a lot less. Currency is worth differently in countries and so does the wages.