+ Reply
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Awesome instant Jailbreak for iPhone and iPod Touch

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Cheers to all who created this one!
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Smile Works like a dream!
    Cheers to all who created this one!

Green Apple
    Thanks

OK, so summerboard works, but nothing else. Sendsong, customize, sketches, todo list, ilight, etc. Tried repeatedly clicking in and it just doesn't happen. It just kicks me back out. What's the deal?
    Thanks.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Can someone figure out how to hack the volume on speakerphone, earpeice and BT, its still way too low, otherwise all works fantastic, what a find, good job!

BTW my phone was a stock phone 1.02 firmware, updated in Itunes and WALA went to your site, loaded all the programs, used WINSCP to put my apps back!

Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone iphoneroeth's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brathamike View Post
    hello what program are you using for sftp?

thanks mike
    Cyberduck
    or Fugu

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

how do i install nes roms on my iphone with windows i did the update with jailbreak everything works just need my nes can someone help please i searched all over site cant find anything on this subject

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kec1er View Post
    how do i install nes roms on my iphone with windows i did the update with jailbreak everything works just need my nes can someone help please i searched all over site cant find anything on this subject
    i see your using windows for nes i will be back in 30 to guide you through i had to use my friends mac im going to use my windows xp to see if it works...be back in 30

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wow this is great news. Come think of it, it is kind of scary that iPhone gives a browser app has that much control over the local files system. What if someone make another website that really screw up your phone. Just a thought =).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smoovie View Post
    I was having the same problem. Just keep going back to the link in Safari and clicking the link. It'll work sooner or later. Just give it a few minutes between tries.

Ok, giving it a try... up to 30 some odd attempts now. Feeling really stupid hitting it over and over.

Good grief.

Thanks

Default Is this a good question?
    I mean I used this site and I'm very impressed at how it quick and convenient is was to jailbreak the phone, but technically isn't it unlocked? I have the latest version of iFuntastic and it still shows the phone as shackled?! I'm happy enough for now that I have the appInstaller back woot-woot!
    Talent borrows, sh*t copies, genius steals

Green Apple
    Thanks

here is how to install NES ROMs on your iphone...

Google for winSCP
    Google for NES ROMs

install openssh from installer app
    install winscp

when you download the games unzip them please..make two folders..one folder should be name ROMs and the other should be
    name NES. all names has to be upper caps. Go to your iphone and get your ipaddress its in settings wifi area and grab the ip address of your wifi. Open up WinSCP

Host name: (this is your ipaddress from your router thats on your iphone)
    User name: root
    Password: alpine

click on media, and your ROMs folder, now click on that folder, now add your NES folder. Double click on the NES folder and here is were you will put your .nes files in. So just drop your .nes files and these files are you games.

no need to reboot your phone or synch but please make sure when you connect your iphone and itunes pops up just exit itunes and also make sure that you do have wifi and you do have your iphone connected to your usb port..

i did not jailbreak my phone for this i stopped doing that. to me its just way to much work. i have 1.1.1 and the lates version of itunes and this is now working for me..at first
    i had to use my friends imac no i dont have to

for those who have imac just watch the video for instructions
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNZfFMMSw1M"]YouTube - Install Nintendo on your iphone Step by Step[/ame]
    Last edited by brathamike; 10-29-2007 at 10:39 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I hope people will read because I'm in a world of hurt and need help digging out of a hole. I have a major disability which results in quadriplegia which affects all four limbs. I have little and very limited use of my right forearm which I'm able to move across the iphone to use. I'm a amature when it comes to computers but i follow directions well which allows me to stay current. I use the iphone because its the only phone that dosent have buttons to push. Ok now that you understand here's the tricky part. I was running Software 1.0.2 (not knowing) and I installed AppSnapps installer 1.1.1 from jailbreakme.com from my iphone. After following directions from Poetic Folly's post and running the installer for the first time it froze and I couldn't use my iphone. After the iphone came unfrozen 45mins later I was able to use it when it froze again for 50mins. It unfroze and I than procced to sync it with itunes. Itunes recommemded to upgrade or restore. I chose to restore and it frose once more. I then tried to sync again but my iphone summary was erased. Lastly I still try to restore and sync with deflaut setting but itunes prompted to restore its original settings.So i did, meanwhile, the iphone remained in the dock displaying "please connect to itunes" even when the program was running. The restoring installions remains 1/8 completed when it freeses. I'm a afraid I really messed up this time can anyone offer advice please.

Its my frist post

Thanks

IT WORKS! Then I synced with iTunes with no problem. GOOD JOB!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This doesnt work on my phone. I installed the 1.1.1 update, and when i try to install the app, the phone does nothing, powers off, click slide to open brings me back to the desktop....

I think apple fixed it already...

Thanks

^^That's what is supposed to happen. Haha.

Reako

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reako View Post
    ^^That's what is supposed to happen. Haha.

Reako

I dont see anything on the home screen that says installer??

When i click on the install from the website, it just says loading...... thats it?

Am i missing something?

Also, how do i know if it worked or not?

iPhone? More like MyPhone zoidberg md's Avatar
    Thanks

The FAQ on the jailbreakme site states that if you see a question mark the exploit has been patched and you need to restore to try again.

So give that a whirl there gametroll. I tried this with a coworkers ithouch and the same thing happened. We work at an airport and used the airport wifi instead of EDGE im guessing thats the reason it didnt work for us.
    Last edited by zoidberg md; 10-29-2007 at 08:03 PM. Reason: I had to add an "S"
    (Fancy quote from a dead guy...)

Show your appreciation by using the button.

Make.SURE.You.""

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shotglass5050 View Post
    I hope people will read because I'm in a world of hurt and need help digging out of a hole. I have a major disability which results in quadriplegia which affects all four limbs. I have little and very limited use of my right forearm which I'm able to move across the iphone to use. I'm a amature when it comes to computers but i follow directions well which allows me to stay current. I use the iphone because its the only phone that dosent have buttons to push. Ok now that you understand here's the tricky part. I was running Software 1.0.2 (not knowing) and I installed AppSnapps installer 1.1.1 from jailbreakme.com from my iphone. After following directions from Poetic Folly's post and running the installer for the first time it froze and I couldn't use my iphone. After the iphone came unfrozen 45mins later I was able to use it when it froze again for 50mins. It unfroze and I than procced to sync it with itunes. Itunes recommemded to upgrade or restore. I chose to restore and it frose once more. I then tried to sync again but my iphone summary was erased. Lastly I still try to restore and sync with deflaut setting but itunes prompted to restore its original settings.So i did, meanwhile, the iphone remained in the dock displaying "please connect to itunes" even when the program was running. The restoring installions remains 1/8 completed when it freeses. I'm a afraid I really messed up this time can anyone offer advice please.

Its my frist post
    update your phone back to 1.1.1 make sure your itunes is updated also..or if you need to restore your phone then make the updates from itunes..go back to jailbreaks website and install again..Mine froze on me for a long time also. What i did was turn the phone off completly shut down then i reboot the phone and the icon was there..and just install the program and mine froze on that part also but hang in there it does work do not synch your iphone till you have all this completly done..because you really dont need to synch the phone..

hope this helps

mike

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Need some help. I am using WinScp and have installed bsd and open ssh. I am using my wifi IP address as the host, root as the user, and alpine as the password. After countless trys I am still unable to ssh into the phone. Am I missing something here???

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Works awesome!!!

I have a virgin iPhone running 1.1.1 (upgraded from 1.0.2) using ATT, and WinXP. Now I am jailbroke 1.1.1 and stuck, lol.

I only have 1 question:

How do I gain access to the file system. I tried using winSCP and mananza (iPhone Browser) and nothing works. I couldnt even connect with SCP (the settings I used may not be working and the mananza said that I havent jailbroken my iPhone. Is there a guide for winSCP settings? I used the IP from the settings menu in the phone for the host name, root for the username, and alpine for the pass.... port 22. dunno what to do for the passkey thing. Is there something I am missing, or an easier program to use for file access.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IrishEOD View Post
    Works awesome!!!

I have a virgin iPhone running 1.1.1 (upgraded from 1.0.2) using ATT, and WinXP. Now I am jailbroke 1.1.1 and stuck, lol.

I only have 1 question:

How do I gain access to the file system. I tried using winSCP and mananza (iPhone Browser) and nothing works. I couldnt even connect with SCP (the settings I used may not be working and the mananza said that I havent jailbroken my iPhone. Is there a guide for winSCP settings? I used the IP from the settings menu in the phone for the host name, root for the username, and alpine for the pass.... port 22. dunno what to do for the passkey thing. Is there something I am missing, or an easier program to use for file access.
    i think you have to install openssh thats what i did and it works perfect for me

mike