+ Reply
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Awesome instant Jailbreak for iPhone and iPod Touch

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
so for this to work for me i will have to update back to 1.1.1 then go to jailbreakme.com and everything should work perfectly right ????????
    Thanks

so for this to work for me i will have to update back to 1.1.1 then go to jailbreakme.com and everything should work perfectly right????????

Thanks

Yes. But you lose the read/write access to your phone.

Reako

Thanks

ok please excuse my incompetence,but can you explain what that means?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This didnt work for me.
    Followed instructions exactly, and .. nothing. Twice.

Used a one button program to patch the firmware and use the exploit.
    That worked like a charm.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

have a 1.1.1 ... restored it .. went to jailbreakme.com worked fine =) ... installer runs fine and so does summerboard

Thanks

it means that until a patch or another exploit is available read/write access will not allow us to edit the files contained in the *root* of the phone.
    basically its like having a operating system on your phone that you cant add or delete or change anything in anyway besides with the installer.app but im sure this is being worked on a new way will be available
    Johnny Cage is a FAKE

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

can anyone help me with this iam running a unlocked iphone but when i goto restore it says it will restore to the newest sftware 1.1.1 will this brick my phone ?

Thanks

is this an unlocked phone on another carrier?
    Last edited by dchurch21; 10-29-2007 at 02:17 AM.
    Johnny Cage is a FAKE

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

no iam still useing AT&T but its just unlocked i used iunlocker to unlock it!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hello you guys. I now have the app installer on my iphone but when i click on the app installer it drags and takes a long time and i see a white screen. My ipone is at 1.1.1 right now wich is the correct requirments if im not mistaking. Then my ipone goes back to the home screen again. So i dont know is this working? I have not synch the phone yet should i? Also when i click on safari or any other icon on the iphone it takes a long time to load up

mike

UPDATE

Its now working what i did was reboot the phone and i installed the apps. Does anyone know what app to install so the home page will scroll up and down not left to right

Update:

How do i install NES ROMs games?? I downloaded NES and its asking me to install it here
    /var/Media/ROMs/NES i found a site that has over 1000 NES ROMs games but i dont know
    how to install this anyone here know???

thanks
    mike
    Last edited by brathamike; 10-29-2007 at 05:37 AM.

Thanks

pfft

i am still proud of myself for doing everything the hard way.....
    Dear iPhone 3.0.
    Please keep me from buying a Palm Pre.

Thanks,
    GLOD!

iPhone? More like MyPhone 808mp5's Avatar
    Thanks

hmm.
    ppl say no read/write access.... is this true?

Also..... can you still restore using itunes..... cuz this seems to be a problem with multiple jailbreaking techniques

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi, i'm Obscur909 from FrenchiPhone.

THE BIG good NEWS, we just tried AppSnapp from an OOB iPhone 1.1.1, and it worked like a charm !

Activate, Jailbreak, install "installer.app", add community Sources, rep.frenchiphone.com,

Download and install BSD subsystem and anySIM 1.1p, run it...

TADAM : a brand new iPhone in the nice world of free carrier !

You can see a review here :
    http://www.frenchiphone.com (sorry in french)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brathamike View Post
    Hello you guys. I now have the app installer on my iphone but when i click on the app installer it drags and takes a long time and i see a white screen. My ipone is at 1.1.1 right now wich is the correct requirments if im not mistaking. Then my ipone goes back to the home screen again. So i dont know is this working? I have not synch the phone yet should i? Also when i click on safari or any other icon on the iphone it takes a long time to load up

mike

UPDATE

Its now working what i did was reboot the phone and i installed the apps. Does anyone know what app to install so the home page will scroll up and down not left to right

Update:

I now have also installed NES this is supposed to be a big game pack. When i click on the icon on the home page i get this error:

No ROMs Found
    No NES ROMs were found/ Please upload ROMs to /var/Media/ROMs/NES

does anyone know what that means

thanks
    mike
    You have to put nes roms (found all over the web) into that folder. You will have to create the folder yourself with iphonebrowser or ssh. Type the characters exactly as yousee them; capitalization and lower case matter.

Green Apple
    Thanks

you said i have to put that NES file in the folder? I have to creat a folder from SSH? im truley sorry but i dont understand what you mean. Whats i iphonebroswer where do i find this or what is a SSH?? Are these applications on my iphone? I dont see them there

can you give me step bye step instructions how to do this or if its already done can you please send me a link?

thanks
    mike
    Last edited by brathamike; 10-29-2007 at 05:45 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I already had my phone on 1.1.1 and jailbroken using touchfree, but when I read this patched the tiff exploit, I decided to restore and give it a go. It took about five minutes and I'm back up and running. I don't know why some people are having issues with read/write access after this. This is my what my fstab looks like after successfully rejailbreaking with this method.

/dev/disk0s1 / hfs rw 0 1
    /dev/disk0s2 /private/var hfs rw 0 2

The only thing I'm not sure they put in the instructions that would probably help, would be to power the phone down and back up after it has sucessfully installed Installer. When I tried to execute Installer without doing that, it completely froze my phone and I had to do a hard reset. I'm not an unlocker though, as I've been an AT&T customer for years, and maybe those are the people running into problems.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default Before I do this questions?
    Hi all great work but I have some questions if someone could respond I appreicate it

1)I have 1.02 on my Phone, wiht Springboard, APPs etc, now to make this work, do I goto Itunes and update my Firmware to 1.1 first, and if I do that will it brick my phone or will I be safe

2)If 1 will brick my phone, do I do a fulll restore to 1.02 frist then upgrade to 1.1 then do your jailbreak

3)If I do this Jailbreak, will I be able to acees the Root with Appliucations to put my own apps on teh home screen like I do today on 1.02 which I love cause I have developed quite a few with Iphone APPER and dont want to loose that ability

4)What do we loose, by doing this?

Thanks all I just dont want to brick my phone

Your replies are greatly appreciated

GOOD WORK!

Oh one last question, is teh Volume fixed on this , meaning I have used the volume fixes for 1.02 on this site and it works pretty well, will doing this fixx the volume in my headset, earpiece and speakerphone

Thanks again!
    Last edited by dallasnights; 10-29-2007 at 06:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me mofolo's Avatar
    Thanks

haha,

sweet im so going to my girlfriends house and exploiting her wifi. hahaha.
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dallasnights View Post
    Hi all great work but I have some questions if someone could respond I appreicate it

1)I have 1.02 on my Phone, wiht Springboard, APPs etc, now to make this work, do I goto Itunes and update my Firmware to 1.1 first, and if I do that will it brick my phone or will I be safe

2)If 1 will brick my phone, do I do a fulll restore to 1.02 frist then upgrade to 1.1 then do your jailbreak

3)If I do this Jailbreak, will I be able to acees the Root with Appliucations to put my own apps on teh home screen like I do today on 1.02 which I love cause I have developed quite a few with Iphone APPER and dont want to loose that ability

4)What do we loose, by doing this?

Thanks all I just dont want to brick my phone

Your replies are greatly appreciated

GOOD WORK!

Oh one last question, is teh Volume fixed on this , meaning I have used the volume fixes for 1.02 on this site and it works pretty well, will doing this fixx the volume in my headset, earpiece and speakerphone

Thanks again!
    1. If you've never unlocked your phone, you shouldn't have any worries about potentially bricking your phone, and yes, just update to 1.1.1 with iTunes.
    2. If you have an unlocked phone, I can be of no further assistance really, as I have no need to unlock, and have never done it.
    3. I'm running with read/write access after this, as I understand it, the term jailbreak means gaining read/write access to the phone.
    4. You'll have to reinstall your apps and/or put things back from a backup, as you'll start with a mostly clean 1.1.1 phone, with only Installer on it.

As for the volume question, I don't believe the volume mods for 1.1.1 have been released yet. I'm not fond of the stock 1.1.1 volumes, but I find them tolerable. I've attempted to tweak the volume settings on my own, but haven't had any success with making anything but keypresses louder. lol

Thanks

That was rediculously easy. Thanks Dev Teams!!!!