+ Reply
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Awesome instant Jailbreak for iPhone and iPod Touch

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by s2kpdx I had the same issue. Restored and decided to give jailbreakme.com another chance. This time it worked, and synced with itunes....... I guess I take back
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by s2kpdx View Post
    I had the same issue. Restored and decided to give jailbreakme.com another chance. This time it worked, and synced with itunes....... I guess I take back what I said about the slovix one working better....
    This happened to me from slovix. I would try jailbreakme, but I don't know how to restore. How are you supposed to restore if your computer won't recognize the phone?

EDIT: I did recovery mode. Just didn't want to risk it at first but itunes found it. I'm trying jailbreakme, I'll update here after because i like to follow up on things

EDIT 2: Just use jailbreakme. I tried it with edge but I kept getting text message interrupting so I found wifi and did it there. Slovix sucks
    Last edited by bunbunfriedrice; 11-02-2007 at 10:56 PM. Reason: answered question

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i already unlock my iphone with the newer firmware, and the guy that unlock for me remove the installer, is there away to get it back..

My iPhone is a Part of Me mofolo's Avatar
    Thanks

If they can install Installer on it.

Why can't they just activate it as well?..
    They should have 2 options -
    One button for jailbreaking, and one for Jailbreaking and Activating.

Im sure if they can install apps they can easily modify files.

Quote Originally Posted by nguyenbd View Post
    i already unlock my iphone with the newer firmware, and the guy that unlock for me remove the installer, is there away to get it back..
    Yeh..

Use something like IphoneBrowser to drag and drop Installer.app folder into your iphones applications folder.

Hmm, not sure on this one, but i'd think that visiting jailbreakme.com again would attempt jailbreak - overwrite existing identical files and then just install installer again.

Not Confirmed - be careful.
    Last edited by mofolo; 11-03-2007 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

Thanks

did this and everything worked perfectly! except... my visual voicemail no longer works. when i click voicemail it just dials my voicemail instead of showing me my voicemail. anyone no how to fix this?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

uhm i tried doing this, and did everything it said...but my ipod didnt have the install app icon and now my computer and itunes dont even recognize it by its name, and it says error -18 when i try and restore it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i used www.slovix.com/touchfree/jb on my iphone and it works great until i tried to dock/sync my phone. my computer doesn't reconize my iphone at all. if i dock my wifes iphone which has not i have not installed www.slovix.com/touchfree/jb the computer and itunes reconizes that iphone fine. please help me fix my iphone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

same problem here

used www.slovix.com/touchfree/jb but nothing happend still not activate and i cant sync with my pc.

plz help =(

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

my phone is activated and i can sync anything onto my phone. i'm started to think it was a mistake to use http://www.slovix.com/touchfree/jb . i tried to restore my phone and it won't even do that.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yeah mine is an ipod touch. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I tried to restore it but it cannot for some reaosn.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mofolo's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh dont forget to update this pf..

It now picks up whether the phone is activated or not..and if it isn't it'll activate it for you!

If your already activated, it'll know and wont touch anything!
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,797 Times in 1,222 Posts

Thanks, updated.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Green Apple
    Thanks

is there a guide for this? with all the problems? so we can stop asking the same questions?

please?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

mike i am very new a this i dont even know how to hack the phone but i did the jailbreakme.com thing and phone is very good.is there a way you can show me step by step on how to get all the games on my phone please? and web site for games too?if you cant show me on this site you can email me at [email protected] . any help is every much thankful.i dont even know if i can put my email address on here.please be very detail.thank you very much first. and thanks evryone here.

Livin the iPhone Life yowiphone's Avatar
    Thanks

If you have already jailbroken will it just install APPTAPP
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

After using this site every time I open safari it will not allow me to enter a URL or browse my bookmarks. The home button does not return me to the home screen and the only way to get back functionality is by resetting the phone (both buttons).

I have already tried a restore and it still isn't working. Any ideas?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Works just as expected. Way easier than all the other methods I have used and the most functional. A++

Thank you

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Jailbreakme.com website displaying same message
    Hello folks!

I just got my brand new 1.1.1 virgin iPhone and have been trying to access it since.

Using Jailbreakme.com's instructions, I have bypassed and accessed Safari. I can surf everywhere and anywhere! It's great!

But when I goto www.jailbreakme.com, it shows me the exact same page you would get on a PC - "You must visit this URL on your iPhone/iPod Touch to be able to install AppSnapp."

I've tried it at home, rebooted my router, restored my iPhone firmware (using iphone.unlock.no firmware restore instructions for 1.1.1) and now am trying from my workplace. Same results.

I wonder what guidance the pros can offer.

Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi I just purchase an iPhone and I am waiting to get it here( I am From PR) Can anyone tell if I need to Activate the phone every time I swap a Sim Card? Or with this method I just swap Sim Cards and the phone just recognize it? thanks!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey, i have an ATT phone and i upgraded to 1.1.1, then i went to jailbreakme.com and installed app snap. downloaded some apps. and sometimes when i go to any app. they quit on me and send me home. can someone help me?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Pl4ter's Avatar
    Thanks

yep..i activated my fone based on this method...the easiest out there!