+ Reply
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Awesome instant Jailbreak for iPhone and iPod Touch

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
YouTube fix: 1. Download a zip file from here . 2. Unzip it in any folder of your choice. You'll get these 3 files: data_ark.plist device_private_key.pem device_publ ic_key.pem 3. Copy
    Thanks

YouTube fix:

1. Download a zip file from here.

2. Unzip it in any folder of your choice. You'll get these 3 files:

data_ark.plist
    device_private_key.pem
    device_publ ic_key.pem

3. Copy them to this iPhone folder: /private/var/root/Library/Lockdown

4. Look for this iPhone folder:

/private/var/root/Library/Lockdown/activation_records/

If it doesn't exist jump to step 6.

If it exists, go to the next step below (step 5).

5. Edit data_ark.plist from the zip file and look for:

-DeviceCertificate

Copy what is between

...and paste it in the same place in

/private/var/root/Library/Lockdown/activation_records/data_ark.plist

Jump to step 7.

6. If you do not have the folder /private/var/root/Library/Lockdown/activation_records/

- Create one
    - Copy the three files to it
    - Erase all files in the pair_records folder

7. Reboot
    Sydney, Australia
    If you received help, click on the Thanks button!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to truenorth For This Useful Post:

vampyros_wrath (11-01-2007)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Lol, I don't what the deal is. I've followed several different guides to this and everytime one thing or another doesn't work. Restored too many times. It even froze and I had to call Apple for help...

In the end I paid the original price for the phone... a few bucks shouldn't phase me [I'll wait until Feb for Apples Apps].

Props to anyone who got everything working right... lucky! Lol. I am jealous! And to the people who figured this out... very smart. Nice job!

Thanks

Default ibrkr ssh and winscp problems
    I was trying to SSH into my phone to test it out prior to trying the jailbreakme.com method and I met with a problem hopefully one of you good people can help me with

I cannot get SSH (dropbear) to appear in my 1.0.2 iphone I've tried to install it with ibrikr but no luck. Thinking back I had a battery drain problem with dropbear and tried to switch it off with services.app that did not solve the battery drain problem so I uninstalled it with ibrickr

could it be that I uninstalled it when services.app had it turned off and now it will not show in my phone even after re installing. would there be a fix for this ?

Can anyone advise how else I could get ssh into my phone and working so that I can test and use winscp prior to attempting jailbreakme

Update, dont seem to be able to intall anything through ibrickr now, I've reinstalled ibrikr on my pc and rebooted my phone but still cannot get any apps to show up even though ibrkr recognises my phone and goes through all the motions

I need help with this one guys, I cant attempt jailbreakme without trying out winscp and ssh on my phone first to make sure I can do it. any other ways to get this application on my phone for a pc user.

I always click thanks

Thanks

www.slovix.com/touchfree/jb does the exact same thing as jailbreakme.com but it does it better. The touchfree one gives you updates once safari crashes (tells you what it is doing and what percentage it is done). It also installes open SSH with an on/off switch for it. I tried jailbreakme on my dad's ipod touch, and it totally screwed it up. Then we restored it and tried the touchfree one and it worked like a champ...

My iphone recently crashed and required a restore. So i decided to give jailbreakme.com a try and it did not work. When trying to load the page my whole phone crashed, not just safari. So I did another restore and went with touchfree, and it worked like a charm. Gave me some quick status updates then rebooted my phone and I had installer back.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wicked lester View Post
    Hi guys,

I've read most of the postesbut i have not seen anyone address this issue.

I ran ijailbreakme.com. Worked great, ALL of my applications worked, even youtube is working fine with no problems.

The pproblem I am having is that customize wont re-arrange the icons.
    when i go to re-arrange them in the customize menu, it looks like the are arranged the way i want them, but when i hit "save" it cycles through like it is saving the arrangement, but when i slide to unlock, they arent arranged where i want them,

any suggestions.... ????

please help
    you have to make sure the number of springboard icons in Customize/rsBT order, is set to 16 under the settings tab. it should work then

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dash-2 View Post
    http://www.slovix.com/touchfree/jb

Does the same thing as well.
    =D
    used this one last night, but now i cant sync to my computer... i try to uninstall it, but i cant find a way... you have any answers?? it would be very nice if you or anybody else can help.. thanks

i used the slovix.com/touchfree on ly iphone, and it works fine... but i try to sync to my computer and it wont work, anybody knows whats up? any ideas? and does any one knows how to delete it? i would really appreciate any help that i can get!
    Last edited by CRRB8007; 11-01-2007 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I had this issue, never got it to work, then I went here:
    http://www.slovix.com/touchfree/jb/
    worked great the first time.

iPhone? More like MyPhone matt.superman's Avatar
    Thanks

I cant believed it work i have a virgin 1.1.1 and its bad a** with all the themes but i want to know is how do i put my own stuff on there to install it like (lights off, more themes) without messing up my iphone?????

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

restored my jailbroken fone to 1.0.2 upgraded to 1.1.1 went to web site ,
    it installed right off no problems . Great job guys.
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I tried jailbreakme.com and it installed Installer, but none of the apps worked, so I restored and did the www.slovix.com/touchfree/jb method... worked right away, all the apps are working, however I too cannot SYNC now. iTunes doesn't even recognize my iPhone when it's docked.

Any help??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iphone appl
    hey dude my question is that when i send a song to my ringtones i cant hear the sound i used the appl sendsong and it seems that its not working didnt have the problem with 1.0.2 can u help thanks

hat
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pmas View Post
    You have to put nes roms (found all over the web) into that folder. You will have to create the folder yourself with iphonebrowser or ssh. Type the characters exactly as yousee them; capitalization and lower case matter.
    IT WORKED FOR ME

the bardailer_sel i have put in the applications/mobile.phone
    i dont see any change ITS SAME

PLS HELP ME IF THERE IS ANY SOLUTION
    Last edited by hat; 11-02-2007 at 02:16 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i finally got installed. I cannot get on my wifi. I could on day 1, when i had just bought this iphone. I tried to turn on/off airplane mode, wifi mode. changed my router wireless settings to no security, wpa security, wep security - no avail.

Iphone just doesnt see the wifi anymore.

When i went to jailbreakme.com on edge - it would start loading the webpage, conceited software.. kick me to home page. and sit for 10 minutes. It never soft reset, or locked phone. I had to do it like 4 times and i never touched it in between. Finally i hard rebooted a few times and the installer.app was there.

There was no meter it was installing so i think that was the problem, on edge the connection probably wasnt reliable so it just stopped a few times and i had no idea.

Now im stuck because i cannot SSH without an ip, and i cant get an IP without wifi... any suggestions?

Thanks

Have you tried rebooting your router? If you have a password, you will have to enter it again just once.

About EDGE: know that it is much, much slower than wifi. You'll have to be extra patient with AppSnap.
    Sydney, Australia
    If you received help, click on the Thanks button!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crazygoalie33 View Post
    you have to make sure the number of springboard icons in Customize/rsBT order, is set to 16 under the settings tab. it should work then
    thanks crazygoalie33, I tried this, but still nothing...

iPhone? More like MyPhone FrogsOblivious's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you so much! Everything went perfectly. I can confirm that you definitely do need to restore to factory settings if you're upgrading from a jailbroken 1.0.2.

My previous ATT plan activated without a hiccup... as if it were the real iphone plan. I wont' ask questions!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default work with unlocked iphones?
    Hey, that's a lengthly post...

I've been to the pages talking about how easy it is to use this new method by simply visiting the http://jailbreakme.com site. However, all seems to be based on virgin or activated iFones.

What I have is an unlocked iFone undergone the iNdependence + anySim process, which comes with firmware 1.1.1. I just wonder if this method of installing installer.app still work on that?

I don't need anySim as I already have it on my phone, but I need other apps and the best way is to use installer and get those via wifi...

thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    It looks like crrb8007, spdrcrckt and I all have the same problem. Jailbreakme.com didnt work for me, but the touchfree site did. Everything was fine, until I came home and plugged into my mac.

No Iphone. No charging. Nothing. I think I am going to restore and try the process again, but I love the installer and associated apps. Any Idea how to get it to Sync? I have 1.1.1 FW OSX 4.10 and Itunes 7.4 FTR. TIA guys.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by R32kid View Post
    It looks like crrb8007, spdrcrckt and I all have the same problem. Jailbreakme.com didnt work for me, but the touchfree site did. Everything was fine, until I came home and plugged into my mac.

No Iphone. No charging. Nothing. I think I am going to restore and try the process again, but I love the installer and associated apps. Any Idea how to get it to Sync? I have 1.1.1 FW OSX 4.10 and Itunes 7.4 FTR. TIA guys.
    I had the same issue. Restored and decided to give jailbreakme.com another chance. This time it worked, and synced with itunes....... I guess I take back what I said about the slovix one working better....

21. The Following User Says Thank You to s2kpdx For This Useful Post:

R32kid (11-02-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Yea it looks like the slovix one has problems with syncing iTunes... I did a restore, and am going to be doing jailbreakme.com soon, or nothing at all.