+ Reply
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Awesome instant Jailbreak for iPhone and iPod Touch

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

OMG!!!!

Jailbreaks iPhone/iPod Touch on 1.1.1. (checked)
    Patches the SpringBoard to load third party apps. (checked)
    Activates non-AT&T iPhones automatically, while leaving already activated iPhones alone. (checked)
    Fixes YouTube on non-AT&T iPhones automatically, while leaving already activated iPhones alone. (checked)
    Installs Installer.app v3.0b5 on the iPhone/iPod Touch. (check)
    The best part? No hacking / downgrading required!

Sh*t Yeah !!!!!!

What next??
    Maybe an Apple pie to go with this or even Apple updates via the installer…

iPhone? More like MyPhone hoits2000's Avatar
    Thanks

crap!!! It was all fine yesterday, then today when I refreshed installer, it said there was an update, and now my phone is frozen, I restart it, and it comes up with the default theme but I had a SB theme on it. And then it freeze3s up on the home screen. Dang it, I bet I have to reboot and lose everything now, crap. Anyone else having this issue?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi everyone! This is my first time on this board, and I'm hoping you can shead some light on all this for me...

I finally got my 1.1.1 to jailbreak and Installer on, and I downlaoded Customize, SummerBoard, and SendSong. Customize will open to the front chicken page and then closes immediately. SendSong opens to a blank page and closes immediately. SummerBoard opens and appears to be functional... BUT... after chosing a theme and changing settings, it will appear to be updating but never changes the appearance.

So it's looking like none of the apps are actually working.... I did scrolls through all the pages of posts and I only saw a few addressing this- one said to just keep trying. I have tried more times than I can count and none of them are working.

Is it just luck of the draw whose will work and whose won't?

Spider Cricket

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Reako View Post
    Just SSH into your phone and drop the Services.plist into the directory. It will grant you read/write access without the use of SSH.

Reako
    i hate being a noob but im no programmer, how do you ssh into the phone, i was trying to do it but got no where, let me tell you bout my phone, its locked to att, all ive done is used this web jailbreaker, and installed community sources, bsd system, and openssh. anyone got a guide on how to ssh to it using the winSCP

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    The new best thing I ever seen on iPhone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoits2000 View Post
    crap!!! It was all fine yesterday, then today when I refreshed installer, it said there was an update, and now my phone is frozen, I restart it, and it comes up with the default theme but I had a SB theme on it. And then it freeze3s up on the home screen. Dang it, I bet I have to reboot and lose everything now, crap. Anyone else having this issue?
    Yes I did. The installer update took awhile but I was really PATIENT to let it do its thing (Not good to restart the phone like that as it could just be a slow server).

It seem like it was not responding but I just let it sit there & the upgrade finally went through. I did a soft reset & all is good.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bayloc View Post
    i hate being a noob but im no programmer, how do you ssh into the phone, i was trying to do it but got no where, let me tell you bout my phone, its locked to att, all ive done is used this web jailbreaker, and installed community sources, bsd system, and openssh. anyone got a guide on how to ssh to it using the winSCP
    same here

I can't get it to work and iPhonebrowser isn't showing the folder I need to add the plist file to. Tired SSH with winscp and got nowhere fast.

any help would be appreciated... I want my nes emulator back

Green Apple
    Thanks

FYI Sendsong is VERY flakey. Only half my ringtones work, and whenever I turn the phone off then on, they delete out of my ringtone selection menu.

Thanks

wow this works great

i already intalled BSD Subsys, Mobile Finder, AppTapp. i havent done anything else since im at work. I was wondering if anybody can help with what to do next

do i need to download WinSCP? or SSH?? and if there is a guide on how to use them. thanks in advance.

Ps: I noticed a silver border around the main page on the phone, i dont think it had that before. is it just me or did it have it before?
    Last edited by Hollow Ichigo; 10-30-2007 at 10:37 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Ichigo View Post
    wow this works great

i already intalled BSD Subsys, Mobile Finder, AppTapp. i havent done anything else since im at work. I was wondering if anybody can help with what to do next

do i need to download WinSCP? or SSH?? and if there is a guide on how to use them. thanks in advance.
    hey just found this (for nes roms, but still gives you the jist of how to use it)

g/l

I'll be trying it later

http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13043

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brathamike View Post
    update your phone back to 1.1.1 make sure your itunes is updated also..or if you need to restore your phone then make the updates from itunes..go back to jailbreaks website and install again..Mine froze on me for a long time also. What i did was turn the phone off completly shut down then i reboot the phone and the icon was there..and just install the program and mine froze on that part also but hang in there it does work do not synch your iphone till you have all this completly done..because you really dont need to synch the phone..

hope this helps

mike
    thank for you're feedback but I'm not able to update itunes or restore Iphone. I cant reboot iphone after holdind down home and turn on/off button at the same time. Iphone only displays "Please connect to itunes" when I'm already running itunes and nothing else. When using itunes to check for update software it claims uable to do so because error message (9). And it freezes during restore when its 1/8 into installation. Any sugguestions?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shotglass5050 View Post
    thank for you're feedback but I'm not able to update itunes or restore Iphone. I cant reboot iphone after holdind down home and turn on/off button at the same time. Iphone only displays "Please connect to itunes" when I'm already running itunes and nothing else. When using itunes to check for update software it claims uable to do so because error message (9). And it freezes during restore when its 1/8 into installation. Any sugguestions?
    shotglass5050 hi how are you, im sorry your going through this. I have no answer for you but to ask you are you on wifi or direct connect for internet access? If your on wifi try to get closer to your router. Me personally i would re install itunes. Yes that will wipe out your iphone and all the information and make you start all over again but i back up my iphone every three days. Im just brainstorming here. lol. I will ask a friend of mine he hacked his phone long before these sites were up. He helped me. I will get back to you on this one. Sorry i wasnt much help. I believe that the itunes is suppose to be at 7.4.3 if yours isnt update your itunes

mike
    Last edited by brathamike; 10-30-2007 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Okay, I did it, and .... Nothing!!! All it does it kick me out of Safari, and then it goes back to the main Iphone screen with my icons. So, what's the deal pickle?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Inutz what are you trying to do?

mike

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Inutz View Post
    Okay, I did it, and .... Nothing!!! All it does it kick me out of Safari, and then it goes back to the main Iphone screen with my icons. So, what's the deal pickle?
    are you using WIFI? cuz if you are using EDGE it wont work. Well for some ppl edge worked

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dr.stevil View Post
    hey just found this (for nes roms, but still gives you the jist of how to use it)

g/l

I'll be trying it later

http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13043

hehe thats my guide

contact me via aim - drinkmorevault
    or PM me on here if anyone wants someone to walk you through gaining read/write access back and getting youtube back.
    Last edited by dchurch21; 10-30-2007 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Johnny Cage is a FAKE

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoits2000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Inutz View Post
    Hi Inutz, my friend had the some problem & just tried the steps again & it worked. Just might need try it again & be patient as the server could be slow also during the update of the Installer.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dchurch21 View Post
    hehe thats my guide

contact me via aim - drinkmorevault
    or PM me on here if anyone wants someone to walk you through gaining read/write access back and getting youtube back.
    lol looks just like my guide lol...i also have youtube version for those that have the mac...good job on your guide..

here is mine just scroll down http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...=12846&page=12

mike

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brathamike View Post
    lol looks just like my guide lol...i also have youtube version for those that have the mac...good job on your guide..

here is mine just scroll down http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...=12846&page=12

mike
    atleast two of us are pros haha.
    ive had sooo many people PM me about helping them with youtube and this, i was like, ok fine imma just make a guide...
    Johnny Cage is a FAKE

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hellbone View Post
    Ok, this sounds really great but i am just slightly confused. Say I have a brand new iPhone with 1.1.1, what are the steps to get this to work? I suppose i must first activate it somehow so i can get access to the home screen to be able to launch Safari and do the rest... Instructions for PC would be awesome.
    Yes, that was not answered yet, and I have the same question. What are the steps to activate 1.1.1 because so far I have known only the downgrade method. Also that doesnt mean that there is a way around the 60$ unlocking fee.. right? And Im talking about windows/PC.