Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
10-29-2007, 10:25 PM #201
I've done it using EDGE also. You just need to give it time man. Stop trying to be hard via the internet.
SECONDLY, IF YOUR APPS ARE CRASHING FROM THE LOAD SCREEN, THEN UNINSTALL YOUR APPS, INSTALL BSD SUBSYSTEM, AND THEN REINSTALL YOUR APPS!
10-29-2007, 10:28 PM #202
did the app installer and it worked fine. but sendsong and customize open and then immediately close. anyone else have this problem?
10-29-2007, 10:30 PM #203IPSF works with this method!!!
after a couple of attempts:
i had an unlocked (tmo), jailbroken, IPSF iPhone
i did not do anything special, just upgraded with itunes, used method on
iphonesimfree.com to jailbreak, and didnt even need to install the ipsf app again, once my phone restarted after the jailbreak it automatically connected to tmobile!
for users like me, stop asking questions and read through all threads:
if you dont have success, restore with itunes and try again it WILL work
Good job DEV team
10-29-2007, 10:35 PM #204
It's amazing people just want to jailbreak the phones, but no one wants to read. Amaz-za-za-za-za-zing.
10-29-2007, 10:38 PM #205
10-29-2007, 10:42 PM #206
this finally worked 4 me on the 6th try....so excited, but when i went into installer and it asked me to update it, i said yes....while it was doin its thing, my phone went to sleep and it will not reboot at all. is this normal????
10-29-2007, 10:43 PM #207
i cant get some apps to open, should i install bsd?
10-29-2007, 10:46 PM #208
I've been experimenting with sendsong and found that most of my ringtones dont work or they are erased when i sync with itunes. is there any other way to get custom ringtones on here without having to choose from the crappy selection the itunes store is offering us?
10-29-2007, 10:48 PM #209
10-29-2007, 10:50 PM #210
10-29-2007, 10:50 PM #211
somewhere around 50th try safari crashed to the home screen and I waited about 20 minutes... nothing.
giving up... trying touchfree again... it was screwey, and apps crashed all the time, but i wasn't stuck in apple's 1.1.1 land
not saying it doesn't work, it obviously does for lots of people, but my particular path to it is somehow fubared.
10-29-2007, 10:55 PM #212
so, now installer is makinmy phone freeze. WTF? now i regret this jailbreak. i cant go home or reset. should i just restore it?
Last edited by azureshakr; 10-29-2007 at 10:59 PM.
10-29-2007, 10:58 PM #213
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
10-29-2007, 11:04 PM #214
10-29-2007, 11:08 PM #215
ok....lets see, i think its workin now, just have to download the community source stuff. man....thats was a close one. im a real newbie to this jailbreak stuff. i waited forever 4 somethin easy like this to come out.
10-29-2007, 11:09 PM #216
jeremy, you have GOT to be kidding me.
you'd think that would be WAAAY up there on a list of things to be sure of BEFORE trying this.
Actually, ya, I tried it ONCE, undocked earlier today so I don't feel too bad.
Not that it matters, I went back to touchfree and am jailbroken again. Just not the way the rest of y'all are. Leave it to me to "hack different".
10-29-2007, 11:13 PM #217
- Join Date
- Aug 2007
- Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Should we install the Tiff Exploit Fix under Recent Packages?
10-30-2007, 12:02 AM #218
- iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store
- Louder speakerphone and receiver volume
- Home Button double-click shortcut to phone favorites or music controls
- Space bar double-tap shortcut to intelligently insert period and space
- Mail attachments are viewable in portrait and landscape
- Stocks and cities in Stocks and Weather can be re-ordered
- Apple Bluetooth Headset battery status in the Status Bar
- Support for TV Out
- Preference to turn off EDGE/GPRS when roaming internationally
- New Passcode lock time intervals
- Adjustable alert volume
What Apple didn’t mention:
- Ability to change voicemail password directly from the iPhone. Tap “Settings,” then “Phone,” then “Change Voicemail Password.”
- You can now change the sound that is played when a new text message is received. Tap “Settings,” then “Sounds,” then “New Text Message.”
- Mobile Safari “Debug console”, showing HTML errors encountered when rendering Web pages. Tap “Settings,” then “Safari,” then “Developer”
- New video playback options, including selectable resume functionality to begin playing videos where they left off or from the beginning, as well as closed captioning support. Tap “Settings,” then “iPod.”
10-30-2007, 12:08 AM #219
Ok if i have an OOB Iphone with 1.1.1 and i activated with Itunes and i run this application which claims that it checks to see for those who are already activated but im not sure if should trust it. So any1 that has the same conditions as me that ran this will it work? Also will my youtube still work after it?
10-30-2007, 12:37 AM #220
Yes it will work directly from an out of the box 1.1.1. firmware phone...just enter the website directly on the iPhone Safari Browser.
YouTube will not work however as of today...but I'm sure they will have this patched soon.