+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iBuilder - Make Your Own Custom Firmware | Windows

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by kriffer ok so can we have like a step by step yeah....like a guide would be massively helpfull for us noobs.... like a from-the-very-start guide....like from-when-i-open-the-iphone-box guide....
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kriffer View Post
    ok so can we have like a step by step
    yeah....like a guide would be massively helpfull for us noobs....
    like a from-the-very-start guide....like from-when-i-open-the-iphone-box guide....
    with all the quirks involved....

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon_PhoneApart View Post
    You can still SSH into 2.0 and replace graphics and such...
    To go from a completely modded, wide open jailbroken 1.1.4 to a stock 2.0 with a few graphics just doesn't seem all that cool.. but that's just me. I'll keep my 80+ apps
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Developer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    2.0 is NOT jailbreakable yet and none of the apps are compatible with 2.0 so you can bundle them all you want and they won't work.
    Yes, it is jailbreakable, or it would not be on many iPhone's via Pwnage right now. I know that you probably mean applications work on it, but the term 'jailbroken' is a bit different:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jailbre...9#Jailbreaking

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    To go from a completely modded, wide open jailbroken 1.1.4 to a stock 2.0 with a few graphics just doesn't seem all that cool.. but that's just me. I'll keep my 80+ apps
    What I'm trying to say is that 2.0 can be jailbroken as far as SSHing into the system goes. Jailbreaking is changing the file system from read only to read/write. I'll post this again to clarify:

"A jailbreak is the act or tool used to perform the act of breaking out of a chroot or jail in UNIX-like operating systems or bypassing digital rights management (DRM). In the former case it allows the user to see files outside of the filesystem that the administrator intends to make available to the application or user in question. In the context of DRM, this allows the user to run arbitrarily defined code on DRM-encumbered devices as well as break out of chroot-like restrictions. DRM-encumbered devices such as the iPhone have repeatedly been subject to jailbreaks, allowing the execution of arbitrary code, but have had those jailbreaks disabled by vendor updates.[1][2] It was only in the wake of the popularity of the iPhone and iPod Touch that the term jailbreaking became well known in popular culture worldwide."

I like my "wide-open" 1.1.4 as well, but occasionally I like to mess with 2.0 and play with the new features...

Quote Originally Posted by Benkku15 View Post
    How does that work? Could u give me a link?or something that shows how to?
    I've installed openssh into the phone and bsd subsystem...
    If you're using Windows you can use WinSCP to SSH into your iPhone.
    Last edited by Napoleon_PhoneApart; 04-23-2008 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Napoleon_PhoneApart For This Useful Post:

Benkku15 (04-23-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

With this,

I'll always have caterpillar 1.1.1!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to chibiducky For This Useful Post:

Benkku15 (04-23-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

So...I tried opening it, and it gave an error. Failed to initialize properly. Could this be because I'm booting into WinXP on a Mac? It doesn't make much sense to me. Both versions 1.0 and 1.01 fail.

update...it works on my other PC with Vista...so...XP/vista complication? or just doesn't like the mac system that's booted into windows...
    Last edited by DubbaCTrumpetMSU; 04-23-2008 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DubbaCTrumpetMSU View Post
    So...I tried opening it, and it gave an error. Failed to initialize properly. Could this be because I'm booting into WinXP on a Mac? It doesn't make much sense to me. Both versions 1.0 and 1.01 fail.

update...it works on my other PC with Vista...so...XP/vista complication? or just doesn't like the mac system that's booted into windows...
    It must be the mac. It works on my 2000 laptop and my xp laptop fine.

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DubbaCTrumpetMSU View Post

So, how loud is your double C?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok what i did:
    on win xp added the apps and create ibuilder.bundle
    copy this bundle on mac to: right click on pwnagetool, show package contents ==> resource ==> internalpackages
    start the pwnagetools, browse for a ipsw file, add the new package by clicking custom package and flagging the new one, create my custom ipsw, restore iphone by using itunes

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzokl View Post
    ok what i did:
    on win xp added the apps and create ibuilder.bundle
    copy this bundle on mac to: right click on pwnagetool, show package contents ==> resource ==> internalpackages
    start the pwnagetools, browse for a ipsw file, add the new package by clicking custom package and flagging the new one, create my custom ipsw, restore iphone by using itunes
    Now that you have successfully integrated your bundle what happened after you restored? Do all your apps crash that were included in the bundle? If so what were the folder permissions set at?...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default iBuilder
    ry
    Last edited by seh7464; 04-24-2008 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Sorry dumb question

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hello poseidon79 after the restore everything work fine, no crash

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

where do we download it from, or do we have to buy "donate" to download it?

Thanks

How come the windows one has more options than the mac one?!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hmm, my apps seem to be crashing as well, just pwned it and restored. i assume its because i am using Vista when using iBuilder to create the bundle? i was looking on another forum and the creater was talking about hes been using xp not vista, and its most prob the user permissions that are causing the problems. if anybody has a fix for this then that would be great, cheers

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ISPWTool for windows any info when release????

Thanks

I think that stuff is kind of in the past. I think the iPhone community is now relying on Pwnage and QuickPwn for our jailbreaking/unlocking needs. If you want to install the packages, just install them through Cydia...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234