+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone to go on sale at 6PM June 29th

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Jobs @ WWDC: "The iPhone ships on June 29th, that is just 18 days from today. I believe it's 6pm in the evening it will go on sale...
    iPhone? More like MyPhone editwizard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPhone to go on sale at 6PM June 29th
    Jobs @ WWDC:

"The iPhone ships on June 29th, that is just 18 days from today. I believe it's 6pm in the evening it will go on sale...

Thanks

I think it goes on sale the 29th and ships from Apple.com at 6PM that day. Evidently that's when their daily sales are shipped from their warehouses.

Not sure though and Steve didn't specify, but it doesn't make sense for people to be clogged up in the stores all day long waiting in line.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9&dateline=1181485574

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,210 Posts

Yah, I'm 99% sure he means it ships from the warehouse that day. He did say "ships" at 6 pm.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Yah, I'm 99% sure he means it ships from the warehouse that day. He did say "ships" at 6 pm.
    Exactly! I'll be shocked it they wait until 6PM Pacific time to start selling at every At&t and Apple store location. That would mean the East coast stores would be closed for the day and we'd have to wait until Saturday the 30th.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I wish there was some way to get official clarification from Apple on what Steve meant, whether it is shipping out from Apple on the 29th at 6PM (although 6 in the evening is a very odd time to send a shipment), or if they will go on sale in the stores at 6.

Plus, as to the person that pointed out 6PM PST, he never said that, just 6PM, so that could just mean 6 local time in your time zone..

Thanks

Doesn't it mean that they are going to start selling the phones from AT&T and Apple at 6? Maybe they'll have an iPhone line like at the theaters and they'll start selling them when the clock strikes 6. Thats what I got from it, why would he tell us that the iPhone ships from the warehouse at 6?
    Omar C.

Green Apple
    Thanks

clarification would really be nice... i wonder if he just meant that orders placed on the apple store's website will be shipping at 6pm...

what happened with the latest OSX release? i remember something along the lines of 6pm for that too, anyone remember that?

iPhone? More like MyPhone editwizard's Avatar
    Thanks

My impression from what Steve said was that stores would be able to start selling at 6PM. Maybe this is to put at&t stores, and apple retail stores on equal footing for when they can begin sales (if they open at different times). Also maybe this could allow at&t to better handle mass activation madness that will ensue... pf could shed a little light on that one possibly?

I know firsthand that 6PM would make it all a very media-friendly event... every local news crew would be at the ready for a live shot at the nearest store. This is always preferable to a news story taped earlier in the day.

People would still camp out, and then just wait all DAY in line then.

"Coming up at 6, at&t and apple stores serve up the latest gotta-have gadget to geeks camping out all night - we have live team coverage..."

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,210 Posts

I don't know... doesn't make sense to me still. 8 hours of a giant line filling the Apple store and spilling out into the mall? Angering mall officials and hindering other customers from being helped? Seems more like a madhouse than an effective way to control sales.

Course, that could be what he wants, a media frenzy over the customer frenzy... doubt it.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Thanks

I don't think so either. I don't think they want lines all out in front of their stores hindering their neighbors business.

The 20th Member
    Thanks

hell no were selling them them as soon as the store opens

Thanks

6 PM would mean the At&t stores would only get one hour of sales in before the 7 PM closing time. Naaaaaaah.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Acadian's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorn View Post
    I wish there was some way to get official clarification from Apple on what Steve meant, whether it is shipping out from Apple on the 29th at 6PM (although 6 in the evening is a very odd time to send a shipment), or if they will go on sale in the stores at 6.

Plus, as to the person that pointed out 6PM PST, he never said that, just 6PM, so that could just mean 6 local time in your time zone..
    I'm sure that as the BIG DAY nears there will be plenty of clarification. I mean, they wanna sell a few of the things
    Cheers,
    Acadian
    Wallpaper Freak

Thanks

Don't understand why they can't be more specific.

Livin the iPhone Life JedixJarf's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple store says 6pm.