Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Free and Easy SMS backup program for OSX

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Digitol View Post
    @Poetic_folly:

They don't have to. 1.) i'm the site troll with an attitude. 2.) I'm not the owner spamming my own site! Derrr!
    Oh yah.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

anybody run the program?

I want to save my messages in my mac, and return to other iphone...
    It´s possible?

am i the only one who is having difficulty in getting this program to work? I haven't yet tried to use it now that I have freshly installed 1.1.1 and used the method posted on the homepage here that jailbreaks w/ Installer 3.0 app via the webpage wwwjailbreakmecom (which is fantastic, for those who are curious...much, much easier than the methods required in iPhone's infancy, ie. iPhoneInterface / iPhuc, etc...).

but, when I attempted utilizing this program when I had a modded (not unlocked) v1.0.2, I could not get my iPhone to be recognized by this app. I tried rebooting the phone, having iTunes open, closed, activity monitor close iTunes Helper, ... to no avail. oh well, but if anyone knows why this was so, it would put closure to this insignificant mystery that I ended up just ignoring and restored my phone so I could get on with my upgrade.

have a nice day and happy halloween...
    --jonathan.

In the developer site's Forum, there is some solution for this problem, just check: http://www.micromat.com/index.php?op...=4737&catid=20

In preferences, turned OFF 'Run helper app in the background' and turned it ON again - effectively ( I assume!) restarting the SMS Daemon.

Worked like a charm. SMS messages appeared immediately on disconnect!
    Hope that's help

thaks

now, my iphone is detected, but I have new question

I can export my iphone´s messages to my mac, but I can´t import it again to the iphone

The program only save the sms in mac, but is possible resend the sms to the iphone?

ok now who is going to make it for my PC?
    Maxwell the Great

i would love to see one for PC

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This isn't working for me i have an unlocked and jailbroken 1.1.2 and i plug the phone in and it detects it. Says "iPhone connected; waiting until removal to fetch new sms"

Then i disconnect the iPhone and it said "iphone removed; fetching any new sms" but it doesn't get anything? i have like a 1000 sms in there.....

Any ideas?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12