Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
iPhone Newsforums, a part of the
I have written up this quick guide to clear up some confusion. Many people with locked 1.1.1 iPhones on AT&T have had the misconception that they must downgrade to 1.0.2...
10-27-2007, 09:18 PM #1
NEW GUIDE: Jailbreaking a 1.1.1 locked AT&T iPhone
I have written up this quick guide to clear up some confusion. Many people with locked 1.1.1 iPhones on AT&T have had the misconception that they must downgrade to 1.0.2 and virginize their phones and then jailbreak up to 1.1.1.
This is not the case. If you have a locked AT&T iPhone running 1.1.1 firmware you can just use iJailbreak for iPhone to jailbreak. Although this is extremely easy to do I have made a quick guide Here is the guide. Sorry windows users, this is OS X only. As soon as someone buys me a nice PC I'll write some windows guides .
I hope this clears up any confusion and those with locked 1.1.1 AT&T iPhones don't go through unnecessary steps.
10-27-2007, 09:30 PM #2
Sweet, man. This is awesome, I know there are sites out there for windows, and you could always bite the bullet and use the untested iDemocracy or CARNAVAL.
10-27-2007, 09:36 PM #3
Ahh cash (SRY)!
I'll give u my XP Disk!!!
BOOT-CAMP IT. lol.
Last edited by mofolo; 10-27-2007 at 10:42 PM.myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.
10-27-2007, 09:42 PM #4
now what is the difference between virginizing and restoring??? Because i dont think i can just restore my unlocked 1.0.2 phone with the 1.1.1. and then jailbreak correct?? In my case, i would have to virginize??
10-27-2007, 09:49 PM #5
Last edited by Cody Overcash; 10-27-2007 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
10-27-2007, 09:50 PM #6
ok ill be back,,,going to apple store right now to buy a mac just to jailbreak
The Following User Says Thank You to ruruep For This Useful Post:
10-27-2007, 10:00 PM #7
10-27-2007, 10:03 PM #8
One more clarification needed...
Can I use this iJailbreak method, if I have:
- 1.0.2 previously unlocked by unlock.app
- then revirginized, and upgraded to 1.1.1, and
- finally 'restored' by iTune again (also 1.1.1)
Thanks in advance
The Following User Says Thank You to silverblack For This Useful Post:
10-27-2007, 10:06 PM #9
Oh sweet. I don't spend much time on these forums anymore so I didn't know I didn't have to downgrade anymore. Thanks a lot!
10-27-2007, 10:09 PM #10
10-27-2007, 10:27 PM #11
how can I active it first? so I can use safari...
10-27-2007, 10:36 PM #12
edit yes you can source
1. Slide to reach the emergency dial screen
2. enter *#307# and then press call
3. Your phone will ring itself, press answer
4. Press hold now and your phone will start ringing again
5. Press Dismiss and your phone will go into the contacts/dial screen
6. Press contacts from the bottom bar and add a contact (Give it any name and a random URL, www.google.com is a good choice)
7. Now save your contact and then click on the URL, safari will open and say it cannot load the site. press ok
8. This is the crucial part Now press the home button and be ready to really quicky select your wifi network. As soon as you press the home button a small box will come up asking for a network. Choose your network (has to be open network) and if you did it right you will see a wifi signal on top of the iphone.
8a. Leave your phone like that now for a minute or two. Then shut down your iphone and restart.
8b. After the iPhone restarts it should have the Wifi icon showing at the top…if it does not do steps 1 - 8 again. (This is normal, took me 5 tries to get the Wifi)
9. Once the wifi is working, do steps 1 - 5 again.
9a. For the next step add another contact give it another name and this time add the address as >> http://jailbreak.toc2rta.com/
10. Save the contact and then go to the 2nd url you just saved. Safari will load the page and then close automatically to the home screen (the screen that says activate iphone).
10-27-2007, 10:47 PM #13
so this means I can simply upgrade my locked 1.0.2 iPhone to 1.1.1 using iTunes, then use the ijailbreak method?
10-27-2007, 10:48 PM #14
ok just to make sure about one last thing since the 1.1.1 activated through att is jailbroken could i then just run anysim 1.1.0 to unlock?
10-27-2007, 10:50 PM #15
10-27-2007, 11:05 PM #16
Mine keeps erroring when installing ssh...
10-27-2007, 11:09 PM #17
Mine got a SSH error also. I try to redo it and it says I already have installer.app installed and just sits there. Any ideas on what to do, I did a restore and it still come s up with the error
10-27-2007, 11:10 PM #18
10-27-2007, 11:17 PM #19
This is great and all, I appreciate the guide. But one thing, isn't jailbreaking 1.1.1 a click of a button in OSX with these programs? and is there a nice program for Windows yet besides going through alot crap to do it? Thanks
10-27-2007, 11:20 PM #20
will there be a windows version?