+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NEW GUIDE: Jailbreaking a 1.1.1 locked AT&T iPhone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by daveherz827 im getting an error message.. cannot rename or somthing? When it unzipped, did you also get an error message? This is what was happening to me.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daveherz827 View Post
    im getting an error message.. cannot rename or somthing?
    When it unzipped, did you also get an error message? This is what was happening to me. Go look at page 2 of this thread of a solution.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quick question.

I will be buying an iphone on o2 in the uk which will probably be 1.1.1

Does jailbreaking allow the phone fuction to work on a 1.1.1 phone? (sorry im new to this)
    I dont think i will need to unlock the phone as i use a o2 prepay sim card.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,273 Times in 652 Posts

jailbreaking will allow you to install anysim 1.1 to unlock. you must unlock even if you are using a pre paid sim

pqa
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    jailbreaking will allow you to install anysim 1.1 to unlock. you must unlock even if you are using a pre paid sim
    I've got a new OTB 1.1.1 iphone, which I used iNdependence 1.2.5 to activate (non AAT) and downgrade to 1.0.2 and tried to follow poetic folly's guide to downgrade baseband then go back to 1.1.1. However, I've got hung up with both ssh error (since solved by reinstalling bsd) but now the baseband won't downgrade properly.

But I think you are saying I didn't need to do this. I could have just followed your jailbreaking and the installed anysim 1.1. Is that correct?

So what should I do now (I'm not getting through pf's guide for baseband downgrade)? Maybe I should just to a restore through iTunes to get back to locked 1.1.1 point, then follow your jailbreak and anysim? Again, I don't want ATT activation.

Thanks,

G4, 10.5.0
    iNdependence 1.2.5

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Use TouchFree for the iPod touch; it works with the iPhone, and installs "installer" and summerboard on the phone in about 20 minutes and 4 clicks of the mouse.

AND ITS MADE JUST FOR WINDOWS!!

Hope that helps.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ruruep View Post
    ok ill be back,,,going to apple store right now to buy a mac just to jailbreak
    lol I did the same thing. I bought a MacBook and now I love this thing. It looks sexy as hell too. My next desktop will be an Apple.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Once you jailbreak 1.1.1, if you restore it using Apple's Restore function in iTunes, do you have to jailbreak and install everything all over again?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Can Anyone Pleasssseeee Help Me!!!!!!!
    I Have A 1.02 Unlocked Iphone Using Anysim And Want To Update To 1.1.1 And Unlock Using Anysim Again And With A Windows Pc

Can someone from this site PELASE send me a private message which details exactly how to be able to update and unlock/anysim a 1.02 unlocked iphone on windows.

I have been waiting FOREVER to update my iphone and i am willing to PAY someone who can send me information on exactly how to do this.

And if it involves using a program such as putty, can you please list exactly how to use the program bc i have tried to use putty before and i did not work on my computer and could not connect to the phone

I AM WILLING TO PAY SOMEONE THROUGH PAYPAL OR OTHER MEANS IF THEY CAN HELP ME WITH THIS. THAT IS HOW DESPERATE I AM NOW.

I have been waiting to do this and can had no luck. Please!!!!! Anyone!!!! Im so confused, and just want to be able to enjoy my iphone like every other MAC lover.

I LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FORM SOMEONE!! PROMISE TO PAY IF NEEDED

P.S---- I LOVE THIS SITE AND PPL ON HERE
    Last edited by EZ2ENVY; 10-28-2007 at 08:14 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

iphone only showing apple logo nothing happing phone frozen? where to go from here?

after an hour or so i said heck with it unpluged it all the iphone does now is show the apple logo. i tired to reset the phone hard boot to restore software nothing happens
    cant get it to the itunes restore. iphone will not show in itunes nothing virgin 1.0.2 upgraded to 1.1.1 then first used this program nothing but troubles latest itunes version along with os x 10.4.10
    any ideas help me out if not back to att or apple i guess lol

**Solved**
    hold the home button while you plug it in you mac while itunes is open it then shows the plug and itunes logo on the screen restoring phone back to virgin 1.1.1
    Last edited by phactorx78; 10-28-2007 at 09:51 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone FrogsOblivious's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a similar question as posted a few posts back.. I have a non-unlocked phone, but its with a previous ATT account. I"m on 1.0.2. When I did first switch the SIM card, i didn't even have to use independence and it's worked great ever since. What should I do for upgrading to 1.1.1? I don't need to unlock (quite yet).... just have a previous ATT account.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thumbs up version 1.1.1
    thanks a lot for the program dude it work just great thanks for taking the time and help

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default So you really mean......
    If I upgrade my AT&T locked 1.02 to 1.1.1 using itunes, do i need to jailbreak to run all my cool 3rd party apps? and if so, is there any way in windows or must I just wait? Thanks, I have been wondering for a while now...

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,273 Times in 652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flash66 View Post
    If I upgrade my AT&T locked 1.02 to 1.1.1 using itunes, do i need to jailbreak to run all my cool 3rd party apps? and if so, is there any way in windows or must I just wait? Thanks, I have been wondering for a while now...

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12846

too easy

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123