Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NEW GUIDE: Jailbreaking a 1.1.1 locked AT&T iPhone

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,279 Times in 652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketerz View Post
    This is great and all, I appreciate the guide. But one thing, isn't jailbreaking 1.1.1 a click of a button in OSX with these programs? and is there a nice program for Windows yet besides going through alot crap to do it? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ruruep View Post
    will there be a windows version?
    hrm?

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    the ijailbreak folder must be in the applications directory
    The applications folder? Mine is there and it keeps erroring at SSH. I'll keep at it.

EDIT: My problem might lie in that I keep getting a format error when I try to unzip the ijailbreak.zip.

Is there a way someone could post an unzipped file?

EDIT: Ok I downloaded Zipeg and it seemed to unzip no problem..> Trying Jailbreak now...
    Last edited by Farani; 10-28-2007 at 12:01 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

What about for out of the box 1.1.1? Is there an activation in 1.1.1. yet that does not require downgrading/upgrading alla independence?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Farani View Post
    The applications folder? Mine is there and it keeps erroring at SSH. I'll keep at it.

EDIT: My problem might lie in that I keep getting a format error when I try to unzip the ijailbreak.zip.

Is there a way someone could post an unzipped file?
    that would be the problem. does my mirror in the mmi downloads section not unzip for you? I had that same problem from the creators site so i tired and tired till I got one that works, unzipped it and re archived it from my comp and uploaded it here.

Quote Originally Posted by gu014 View Post
    What about for out of the box 1.1.1? Is there an activation in 1.1.1. yet that does not require downgrading/upgrading alla independence?
    someone correct me if i'm wrong . . . . you can use post #12 to get to the website required for this jailbreak
    http://modmyi.com/forums/showpost.ph...5&postcount=12

and i believe after you finish jailbreaking you can just activate using the most recent independence

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    that would be the problem. does my mirror in the mmi downloads section not unzip for you? I had that same problem from the creators site so i tired and tired till I got one that works, unzipped it and re archived it from my comp and uploaded it here.
    Yeah I tried both links and neither file would expand properly using stuffit... however i downloaded a program called ZIPEG and it seems to unzip it without a hitch. I'm restoring my phone to a fresh 1.1.1 right now and then I'll see if it jailbreaks it momentarily.

http://www.zipeg.com/mac.download.html

EDIT: Ok That did it! Installer is back in action on 1.1.1. Thank you very much for the post!
    Last edited by Farani; 10-28-2007 at 12:25 AM.

HI iam maritimeswimmer:

iam from Panama country in central/carribean americas.

I wanted to let you know that you site rocks and its pretty cool to be able to unlock the iphone by your great guidance and awsome hacking.

i wanted to send you a message regarding the 1.1.1 update guide that you have on your website.

i did the entire thing as it was written in the site, but now i cant make calls, i used "anysim" and what it told me at the of the procedure it was that it couldnt unlock my iphone and now iam stock with a brick phone. although i can use every single feature of the phone, but the most important feature of the phone which is making calls, that one i cant use.

Please i really need help on this, i have downgraded the version two times and neither of them helped, i have installed "installer" on both occassions and neither of them helped it. i have used independence with intstaller and neither of them has unlock the iphone. another thing that i wanted to tell you its that i can activate the iphone and i can use every single feature but no calling.

iam using the anysim version for 1.0.2 for iphone and what it says its "The firmware on this iphone is already patched.anysim will now quit.Please turn off your iphone and turn it on again after anysim quits". i obviously dont know what that means and i like to know what does that really means.

if you guys can help, please write me here or email me at [email protected] and if you guys can guide me step by step with this. ah something else i wanted to tell, its that neither the at&t sim which came with the iphone and my Panama Cable wireless sim card, neither of them its working now. i do write my password for the cable and wireless one but what happens its that it gives me a message saying "Incorrect sim, this iphone must be used with an approved sim" this happens with my cable and wireless sim card, and with the at&t one, haha it cant even read it. it says incorrect sim card.

Please guys help me out here.

Thanks again, and i hope you can use me as a reference and situation for helping other people.

Thanks

If I can bug you once more... this is offtopic, but is there any easy drag-and-drop program for ringtones out for 1.1.1

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Farani View Post
    If I can bug you once more... this is offtopic, but is there any easy drag-and-drop program for ringtones out for 1.1.1
    http://www.ambrosiasw.com/download/d...oner&OS=MacOSX
    use the free trial

maritimeswimmer you're using an older version of anysim

you should use the latest anysim not 1.0 but shoud be 1.1.0 that should work i did it on 3 phone now.
    Last edited by catmando; 10-28-2007 at 12:40 AM. Reason: to let maritimeswimmer know i'm talking to him

but how does it work for windows i have no clue no moer i give up, i will not even get the triangle no more to go back to 1.0.2

Default i unlocked bricked 1.1.1
    i did the method where you dial *#307# and instead of doing it quick i did two urls on one contact, one was something like pref:// and then i didn't have to do the 'quickly touch settings' method, settings menu came up on its own, and i got wifi working and then ran CARNAVAL. it's the only method that worked for me. summerboard is sideways instead of up and down now but everything is fine and i got my phone function back on 1.1.1 and it's jailbreak i have att. found a guide by dale and used his program but a lot of apps didn't work afterwards (i had phone service back until i ran anysim), i retried it with carnaval but used the other url dale had in his faq and it worked fine i got my phone service back as well and haven't tried unlocking yet (i have att) more apps seem to work tho. used wifi to load programs. good luck, hacking 1.1.1 is possible it took me forever to find the guide so happy hacking.
    Last edited by yucks; 10-28-2007 at 05:00 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i'm trying to unlock for a couple other people. Do i leave the original sim card in or do i need there's in order to unlock? Also if i do use the sim that was included in the iphone do i just need to take it out before doing anysim or iunlock and tell them to run it with their sim card? any help would be great.

The error before the SSH install is something to do with no directory found. I double check and the ijailbreak is in my applications folder. So I have no idea why it is giving me this error.

guys, i don't know what the big deal is. i modded for the first time using idemocracy on my 1.1.1 locked at&t 8gb and it was easy. maybe i went through the extra step to downgrade, but it worked like a charm........

I installed mac os x on my IBm laptop just to get this done. its sooooo much easier too do **** for the iphone on the mac.

thank you so much CASH!!

did ijailbreak last night on a virgin never touched out of box iphone .. was working fine...today cant make calls .. i get an att signal, but not able to connect..
    help
    Last edited by [email protected]; 10-28-2007 at 09:42 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Can anyone help? I had a phone that was 1.0.2. I upgraded thinking I can handle the hacking. But I failed! I then down grade to 1.0.2. So far so good. I then ran ibrickr so far so good. My iphone is freed and on 1.0.2. However, I now get incorrect SIM error message. I even went to install a new SIM, but I still get same error message. What can I do now? I dont run MAC OS only Windows Vista. Can anyone help me? At this point I dont even care if I get 3rd party apps AND I only wish to be on at&t network. I just want my iphone back in operation. I will even pay if that will help.

Thank You,
    Art
    Last edited by artjr; 10-28-2007 at 11:39 AM.

good info im going to try this in a few minutes. Always thought i needed to take a whole bunch of extra steps which just made it not worth it to me.

im getting an error message.. cannot rename or somthing?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast