+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Release: iRingtoner 1.1

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
are you running version 1.1 or 1.11 ?
    Green Apple
    Thanks

are you running version 1.1 or 1.11 ?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ok, I followed all the instructions for getting jailbreak to work and I was succesful at the start. Then I tried adding my own alerts, but instead of using an aiff file I decided to use an mp3. Needless to say but ill say it anyway that didn't work. So then I went to back to adding my own ringtones which worked originally. Only problem this doesnt work anymore. So I restored my iPhone using itunes. Followed all the steps again and it didn't work again. Everytime I execute the command putfile /var/root/Library/Ringtones the program crashes.

Any suggestions ?

Ok I realized that I'm using an outdated method of getting ringtones on the phone. Now I'm trying to use ringtoner 1.1 I'm confused about one thing though do I still need that phonedmg directory or can I get rid of it ? DOes the ringtoner 1.1 go into that directory or somewhere separate?

Another question how do you know if jailbreak was sucessfully installed ? I got statement that says congrats but ringtoner is crashing now.

Ok went through all the steps now when I go to create the directory for the ringtones it says incorrect syntax, but I know I'm typing it right I'm going to restore and start from scratch.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

im using 1.11

Green Apple
    Thanks

make sure you follow the instructions in the readme.txt .... Also, make sure your are using version 1.11 NOT version 1.1

So basically you'll have the following programs in the directory at minimum... iRingtoner.exe, Manzana.DLL, and iTunesMobileDevice.DLL ..

the biggest problem people have i think is using version 1.1 instead of using version 1.11. Version 1.11 includes a bug fix for restored phones, hopefully that will help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffl1 View Post
    im using 1.11
    Well here's the deal, if your using Version 1.11 and you have all the files in the same directory (iRingtoner.exe, Manzana.DLL, iTunesMobileDevice.DLL) and you have successfully ran jailbreak.exe before you use iRingtoner.exe then it should work.

The only other thing is that I wrote this **** in Visual Studio .NET and I checked it out and it seems to be using .NET 2.0 Framework, so I guess try and install that. Maybe your using a newer or older one? I know you can install more than one version without messing up stuff on your computer through Windows Update or something. And if your using Vista, then maybe you don't have .NET 2.0 Framework?
    Last edited by wally_wall; 07-30-2007 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i have visual studio 2005 pro, .net 2.0 and 3.5 beta 2 framework, and all of the required files in the same folder as iringtoner... i guess i'll just keep changing the ringtones through iphoneinterface

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have tried to run ringtoner.exe but keep getting an error message .Net Framework V2.0 50727 needs to be installed. I feel like an idiot, do I need an additional program to run iRingtoner? My phone is already jailbroken

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Nube here. I ran jailbreak and the phone went into a weird mode and wanted to connect to itunes. I connected to itunes and it said it had to restore, so I ran restore and then it said it could not restore but everything works fine on the phone and I did not lose any info. I ran irringer and it appears to run and says it has contacted the the phone but the ringtones are not showing up on the phone. Sorry for the nubeism but do the ringtones need to have a certain extension? can they be songs downloaded through itunes?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

does this program makes ringtones or just adds them? if it only adds what is a good ringtone making program for the iphone i can use?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Stupid question here, but I have Vista, I ran IRingtoner, and dragged my song into the program. I see it on my iPhone, and I select it as my ringtone, but it doesn't play it when I get a call. Any help?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sandym View Post
    Stupid question here, but I have Vista, I ran IRingtoner, and dragged my song into the program. I see it on my iPhone, and I select it as my ringtone, but it doesn't play it when I get a call. Any help?
    restart your phone and it will work.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default I gotta same problems here.
    Quote Originally Posted by wally_wall View Post
    restart your phone and it will work.
    Ew, I gotta same problems here. But It won't work even i did restart my phones , Any Suggestiosn?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have already jailbroke my iphone 1.1.4, how do i install [/B]the iringtoner application on my iphone? do i have to you use windows?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    maybe you can help
    i have already jailbroke my iphone 1.1.4, how do i install [/b]the iringtoner application on my iphone? do i have to you use windows?
    Last edited by manchild; 05-01-2008 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

same problems used to work fine for me ... ? but now it keeps erroring out .

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey I've just downloaded this and It keeps saying windows error and to send an error report to them? Any ideas people?

Thanks, Adam.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12