+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 2 by March?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
correct me if im wrong but arent the iphones you are all holding now 3G capable... i remember seeing an e-mail from HIGH management that there is supposed a firmware
    The 20th Member
    Thanks

correct me if im wrong but arent the iphones you are all holding now 3G capable... i remember seeing an e-mail from HIGH management that there is supposed a firmware update in november enabling the 3G in the phone. reason iphone wasnt released as 3G is the network wasnt strong enough... EDGE on the other hand everywhere.. this year ATT has rolled out 3G now they are making it stronger.. for example video share. now ATT has a gift for lagging really bad but pulling thru in the end at least as an employer... just my 2 cents

Thanks

Apple cannot take the risk to get sued by 100's of consumers for releasing an upgrade so soon. Christmas is near, and people have Apple all over their wish list.

It would be a sour deal for the consumers to find and upgrade so soon after their Happy Holiday shopping.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    no, no, what a little over the top was when not even 2 months later, they start selling what some of us paid a little over $600 for $200 cheaper.

Agreed!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I would welcome more storage, but cannot make the iPhone move until it has a capability for 'memos' at least equal to that provided by the Treo.....

iPhone? More like MyPhone rxmxsh's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ReVan View Post
    Apple cannot take the risk to get sued by 100's of consumers for releasing an upgrade so soon. Christmas is near, and people have Apple all over their wish list.

It would be a sour deal for the consumers to find and upgrade so soon after their Happy Holiday shopping.
    Maybe I'm missing something here. I know we live in America, and all the fat, lazy, moronic people love to sue, but what would the sue over?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yeah i hear the same thing from a friend that know some one at the apple company its going to be more thinner and its going to have a 3g to use as a pda

Thanks
    By the time iphone 2 comes out I'll have my iphone for at least half a year, that's plenty of fun already.

I still got my 3rd gen ipod, and no thought of getting the new classic at all. (Until it completely breaks down...maybe, as a replacement)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon_PhoneApart View Post
    I'm still waiting for the version that dispenses toothpaste...
    There is one that can check your glucose on the sprint network,

check this thread:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12124

Green Apple
    Thanks

My friend works for apple and he told me that they are not going to come out with a bigger gb version this year or any time soon?? ya right i think that apple is lying to its employees.

He also said that they are already working on the 1.2.1 rom that if you have done any modding, even apps, it will break the phone for good. and you wont have the ability to not upgrade if you even try to syncit will upgrade automaticaly. he said there where going to be allot of paper weights out there. and apple didnt care at all.

TML
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

There is a 3G version in the works. A 16GB model would make sense.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I hope that when the iPhone 2 comes out, Apple won't find a way to limit it to those who have AT&T contracts or make us buy AT&T contracts in store.

Quote Originally Posted by chakraj View Post
    My friend works for apple and he told me that they are not going to come out with a bigger gb version this year or any time soon?? ya right i think that apple is lying to its employees.

He also said that they are already working on the 1.2.1 rom that if you have done any modding, even apps, it will break the phone for good. and you wont have the ability to not upgrade if you even try to syncit will upgrade automaticaly. he said there where going to be allot of paper weights out there. and apple didnt care at all.
    If this is true, then Apple might as well pack their bags because lawsuits will come from every direction this time. And atleast one person will win.
    Last edited by ima80baby; 11-01-2007 at 02:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default iphone
    Quote Originally Posted by hosies View Post
    If they can only learn from NOKIA how to make a proper phone and i'll be more than happy.

My wish list:
    5 mega pixel camera + zoom
    Video + zoom
    3G AND WIFI
    Double speaker
    MMS
    Bluetooth that works with other Bluetooth devices
    Character + message counter for SMS
    Support all languages.

Hopefully we will see all that on the iPhone 5 ???
    Bluetooth works with other devices with iphone. i have tested 5 different maker and even car kits with out a hitch.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123