+ Reply
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Beta Release] Pwn Your Phone with Windows | Winpwn

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by tdub No noob here,but i used winpwn and it when through its process and it didn't reboot. Now i have a black screen with no apple sign
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tdub View Post
    No noob here,but i used winpwn and it when through its process and it didn't reboot. Now i have a black screen with no apple sign or anything. but computer recon. iphone i try to open itune , itunes states The iphone "iphone" cannot be used with itunes because the Sim card is Pin locked or not installed. You must enter your Sim Pin or insert your new Sim Card into your iphone to activate it. Doesnt explain black screen . Does anyone smart than me have any suggestions. Thank you and please!
    you used pwner with an iPod touch fw
    The same thing happened to me an I got a brick and exactly what you got
    The iPhone will not boot and when placed in recovery mode it says its an iPod touch
    Its broken and there is nothing you can do
    I just went to the apple store and told them it wouldn't turn on and since I had a valid AT&T sim card and service I got a replacement

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I DON'T KNOW WAY!!!

But it keep telling me error windows send report!!!

plzzz help me!

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Memzi View Post
    I DON'T KNOW WAY!!!

But it keep telling me error windows send report!!!

plzzz help me!
    Take a look Here

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKSTEEL1 View Post
    Im wondering if anyone else is having this problem... tried to pwn'd my iphone 5 times and it goes through the motions, does everything the guide said it would. at the end it tells me that my phone is pwn'd but the original apple logo is still there shouldn't i see the pineapple at this point?

On 1.1.4, jailbroken with ziphone 3.xx, 8gig AT&T

thanks in advance
    Pwning is only a one time step that allows you to run unsigned firmwares. Once you pwn it you aren't done. You need to build the custom firmware and then restore the phone using it through iTunes.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iCity11 View Post
    Big Thanx On The Site....But....How Exactly Do You Get The PXL?
    Ohh man i thought it was workin
    I used that to install apps b4..

1) Install PXL download plugin (look in the safari plugin section i think)

2)Fire up safari n go to that site.. n click an icon... It should install..

It was workin for me a while back.. Maybe the site is goin thru maintenance.

Edit: Everything has a solution!
    here is anoda site
    http://iphone.exploit.org/pxl/index2.html
    Last edited by spyboy_1; 04-19-2008 at 07:09 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    plz answer this, this question has nothing to do with this but i took apart my iphone because the screen was broken since i dropped it but i dnt know if the motherboard still works so plz does anyone know how i can find out i cnt charge it because the dock connector lost every little piece in it and its all dented so i need to know if the motherboard works or else ill have to buy a new iphone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stler View Post
    plz answer this, this question has nothing to do with this but i took apart my iphone because the screen was broken since i dropped it but i dnt know if the motherboard still works so plz does anyone know how i can find out i cnt charge it because the dock connector lost every little piece in it and its all dented so i need to know if the motherboard works or else ill have to buy a new iphone
    Create your own thread in the appropriate section

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    wow! good answer

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stler View Post
    wow! good answer
    So I guess you think its perfectly fine that you ignore the standard rules by spamming two threads?

Thanks

where can i d/l the 1.1.4 firmware?

instead of browsing for a ipsw file, can i just restore via itunes and then continue
    Last edited by samihassan; 04-20-2008 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by samihassan View Post
    where can i d/l the 1.1.4 firmware?

instead of browsing for a ipsw file, can i just restore via itunes and then continue
    Quote Originally Posted by haibane View Post
    "Before using this app please see this tutorial " (winpwn.com)

"How do I pwn my phone?

Video of process courtesy of Engadget.com : http://www.viddler.com/explore/engadget/videos/5/

Download the pwnage tool from the pirate bay! Do a search for "PwnageTool.app"

You can download from the iPhone DevTeam site but it does not have the bootloader files you need and so it is easier to download
    a complete copy from torrents.

The download without the bootloader files (which you WILL NEED to use pwnage) can be found here:

Bootloaders can be found at: http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/show...t=36508&page=2

Apple Firmware files can be downloaded from:

iPhone:

1.1.4: http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....2_Restore.ipsw

iPod

1.1.4: http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....2_Restore.ipsw"

Not sure what you mean by question number 2

Thanks

ima go ahead and give liberty 1.1.3 a go, see how it goes!

Not sure what you mean by question number 2
    thanks man, should i give liberty 1.1.3 a go, or should i just stay with the beta?
    Last edited by samihassan; 04-20-2008 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

ima go ahead and give liberty 1.1.3 a go, see how it goes!

thanks man, should i give liberty 1.1.3 a go, or should i just stay with the beta?
    I may get flamed for this, but I much prefer ziphone to liberty. I have had severe troubles getting a fair amount of apps to work in liberty. Ziphone is very plug and play.

Thanks

I may get flamed for this, but I much prefer ziphone to liberty. I have had severe troubles getting a fair amount of apps to work in liberty. Ziphone is very plug and play.
    well ive unlocked my iphone with ziphone twice, and it works for the first 10 min, but then i cant recieve phone calls, cant dial, phone turns really laggy, so im going to either give this a chance, or give liberty 1.1.3

Thanks

well ive unlocked my iphone with ziphone twice, and it works for the first 10 min, but then i cant recieve phone calls, cant dial, phone turns really laggy, so im going to either give this a chance, or give liberty 1.1.3
    Interesting, what service are you on?

Thanks

Interesting, what service are you on?
    im on tmobile, i was one of the first to jailbreak my phone and it was all good and good, then i started to upgrade and now its getting all messy. I just wanted it to be normal so i tried ziphone and it made my phone super laggy and many other issues. Can you tell me whats all this talk about bootneuter and why we need it? not trying to spam here at all

and also do you know how to install installer manually? as a pxl file or something? i just unlocked my phone via liberty and it gave me cydia and its much more confusing

Thanks

im on tmobile, i was one of the first to jailbreak my phone and it was all good and good, then i started to upgrade and now its getting all messy. I just wanted it to be normal so i tried ziphone and it made my phone super laggy and many other issues. Can you tell me whats all this talk about bootneuter and why we need it? not trying to spam here at all

and also do you know how to install installer manually? as a pxl file or something? i just unlocked my phone via liberty and it gave me cydia and its much more confusing
    I am an ATT guy so I just know that bootneuter is generally the fix to no service because I believe its looking for a specific version and also helps unlock. You can SSH using an SSH program to get into your phone and transfer the installer manually. Liberty has an option to do either cydia or installer. You are going to have to uninstall cydia to get installer to work IIRC.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Winpwn works awesome!!

Thanks

I am an ATT guy so I just know that bootneuter is generally the fix to no service because I believe its looking for a specific version and also helps unlock. You can SSH using an SSH program to get into your phone and transfer the installer manually. Liberty has an option to do either cydia or installer. You are going to have to uninstall cydia to get installer to work IIRC.
    thanks the newest liberty only says Cydia, no option to get installer? kinda blows

Thanks

does any1 no the date that it will be done by?