+ Reply
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Beta Release] Pwn Your Phone with Windows | Winpwn

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by techguy1 Stop posting off topic its getting old Well actually this whole thread is off-topic, this is the News section.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by techguy1 View Post
    Stop posting off topic its getting old
    Well actually this whole thread is off-topic, this is the News section.

Thanks

probably a stoopid question but...Do You Need A Wifi/Edge Connection To Use Bootneuter?...One Of My iPhones Have No Baseband So I Cant Get Connected To Wifi Let Alone Any Edge Connection So Im Tryin To Install Bootneuter With iBrickr...Are There Any Steps I Might Need To Know Of?

EDIT:

NM I Did Some Readin(which I Shouldve Done First) and bootneuter needs to be installed by pwnage or a method that gives it suid-root privileges.
    Last edited by iCity11; 04-18-2008 at 10:52 AM.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wildturkey View Post
    I followed everything from iClarified instructions everything worked no problem I even have an unlocked 1.1.4 but the only thing that doesn't work is my yahoo email it say I have an incorrect password in but its right I deleted the account about 5 times and tried to start over and set it up like a new account again but still says incorrect password any suggestions. The yahoo account is the only one that doesn't work aol,gmail works. I need yahoo to work for the push service.

Thanks
    Download the 1.1.4 Mail Fix in installer. I believe it's in the iClarified source.

Quote Originally Posted by iCity11 View Post
    probably a stoopid question but...Do You Need A Wifi/Edge Connection To Use Bootneuter?...One Of My iPhones Have No Baseband So I Cant Get Connected To Wifi Let Alone Any Edge Connection So Im Tryin To Install Bootneuter With iBrickr...Are There Any Steps I Might Need To Know Of?

EDIT:

NM I Did Some Readin(which I Shouldve Done First) and bootneuter needs to be installed by pwnage or a method that gives it suid-root privileges.
    If you download bootneuter and install via iBrickr, also install Term vt-100 and use unix commands to give it suid-root privileges. Do you have BSD Subsystem Installed?
    Last edited by quiksand; 04-18-2008 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Is anyone else having the YouTube Problem? I dont know how to fix it. on the bootneuter should everything be checked? i left the Fakeblank unchecked should this be checked?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by quiksand View Post
    Download the 1.1.4 Mail Fix in installer. I believe it's in the iClarified source.

If you download bootneuter and install via iBrickr, also install Term vt-100 and use unix commands to give it suid-root privileges. Do you have BSD Subsystem Installed?
    No I Dont....Everytime I Try To Download Anything Via iBrickr The Program Crashes...Is There Anywhere I Can Get The PXL's Manually?

P.S.
    I'm Not Sure If Its Allowed To Post That Info So If It Isnt Dont. Thanx In Advance

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by taz1981m View Post
    Is anyone else having the YouTube Problem? I dont know how to fix it. on the bootneuter should everything be checked? i left the Fakeblank unchecked should this be checked?
    me from another forum. Use this youtube fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by haibane
    Got it. Needed to add the i.unlock.no server
    No I Dont....Everytime I Try To Download Anything Via iBrickr The Program Crashes...Is There Anywhere I Can Get The PXL's Manually?

P.S.
    I'm Not Sure If Its Allowed To Post That Info So If It Isnt Dont. Thanx In Advance
    have you tried restoring via itunes and starting over using the tutorials posted?
    Last edited by haibane; 04-18-2008 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. The Following User Says Thank You to haibane For This Useful Post:

taz1981m (04-18-2008)

Thanks

Quote:
    Originally Posted by iCity11

P.S.

Quote:
    haibane

have you tried restoring via itunes and starting over using the tutorials posted?
    __________________________________________________ ________________________

Yea I Tried That And Nothing, I Still Cant Make A Call Use Wifi Or Have Sound, Thats When I Was Told To Use Bootneuter

Thanks

You should be able to restore back to the standard firmware via itunes. I recommend putting it in restore mode by holding down the home button while powering up and connected to the dock. Then I would just click restore in itunes not shift restore.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    haibane Thanks i tried the youtube fix before but i used the server you put on there and used that youtube fix and it worked. I hit the thanks Button for ya

Thanks

let's not fall off the topic boat guys
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    let's not fall off the topic boat guys
    That makes no sense... Hasn't been any off topic talk in the last 6 hours.

Green Apple
    Thanks

P.S.
    have fun
    http://pxl.ibrickr.com/

14. The Following User Says Thank You to spyboy_1 For This Useful Post:

iCity11 (04-18-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spyboy_1 View Post
    Big Thanx On The Site....But....How Exactly Do You Get The PXL?

Thanks

right click
    save as

has the repo been updated this year? i quit using it after 1.0.2

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by haibane View Post
    That makes no sense... Hasn't been any off topic talk in the last 6 hours.

*cough* look
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by leblancc View Post
    So you can't unlock your phone to use with another GSM provider with this yet???
    If you are already unlocked just don't upgrade baseband and you will remain unlocked

Thanks

Okay, i know how to use WinPWN to change my boot images.

IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY?

I don't have my contact, pic or music on my coomputer right now so i don't want to restore.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ok just to be certain I am following what is being written here:

I can upgrade my current UNLOCKED (using any carrier) from 1.1.1 to 1.1.4?

All I have to do is download the program, find the 1.1.4 ISPW and run the program and I should be able to upgrade my phone from 1.1.1 to 1.1.4?

Would this delete any of my current settings or stuff I have on my Iphone? Also what is the purpose of upgrading the baseband?

Thanks

I tried Winpwn and at first was pleased, and had everything working, but a day later I noticed that my Weather icon changed back to stock and would not accept the Summerboard theme. None of the fixes posted for older versions of jailbreak seemed to work. Then my mail app crashed. None of the traditional fixes worked for that either. Then the weather app would open to a blank screen and freeze. Tried SSH to reinstall a backup but that did not work. Before things started to crash, everything got very laggy too.

Not wondering if it was because I had some weird file structure and the symlink was not totally good. FOund a fix for that but that did not work. Ended up restoring and going back to ziphone 2.5 to jailbreak and my iphone works great. Think I'll wait for a final release before trying this again.

This said, a few issues come to mind:

1. could these issues been caused by no cheking off activation in winpwn? I have ATT service with a plan so I didnt figure I needed activation. I ssh'ed a good lockdownd file to get service back.

2. could this be because I moved apps with Cydia instead of manually with terminal or with Boss tool? Initially I didnt think so because I used Cydia when I jailbroke and upgraded my son's OOB 1.1.3 to 1.1.4, but I used ziphone 2.5 to jailbreak. I had tried Cydia on my iPhone before and it messed things up (its originally OOB 1.0.2), but I did install Cydia AFTER moving apps using terminal.

3. Is there an incompatibility with winpwn and Cydia?

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So does this mean that you guys will be able to incorporate a flash player into this some how? Cuz I've been waiting for that for a long time.

+ Reply
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast